Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Broken ceiling lights in my flat - do I need to pay? Recommendations for handymen?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Broken ceiling lights in my flat - do I need to pay? Recommendations for handymen?

Hi,

I am moving out of my flat and will have the etat de lieux soon. I replaced the broken lightbulps, but one of my ceiling lights still does not work. I suppose it is a problem with the socket or the wires. Definitely nothing I can fix myself. I contacted some handymen, but it seems they have a minimum rate of more than 100CHF for this! My question is if I need to pay for this or will the regie/landlord do that? Also any recommendations for handymen with reasonable prices?

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I am moving out of my flat and will have the etat de lieux soon. I replaced the broken lightbulps, but one of my ceiling lights still does not work. I suppose it is a problem with the socket or the wires. Definitely nothing I can fix myself. I contacted some handymen, but it seems they have a minimum rate of more than 100CHF for this! My question is if I need to pay for this or will the regie/landlord do that? Also any recommendations for handymen with reasonable prices?

Ben KJul 22, 2018 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 654 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Broken ceiling lights in my flat - do I need to pay? Recommendations for handymen?
Post 1

Hi, I am doing the same thing as you...moving out and getting ready for the dreaded etat de lieux. Luckily nothing broken.

After 10 years in the same apartment they are not so strict with paintwork and floors, but any damage I have caused needs to be repaired. I have been told by colleagues to check the oven, the extractor fan filter, on top of kitchen cupboards which can get greasy and sticky, the tops of doors, and around the taps in kitchen and bathroom to check for limescale deposits.

When you leave, you should remove all of the room/ceiling lights and wall lights before you checkout. If there is a fault, it may be that the landlord is responsible for fixing it.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your move.

Hi, I am doing the same thing as you...moving out and getting ready for the dreaded etat de lieux. Luckily nothing broken.

After 10 years in the same apartment they are not so strict with paintwork and floors, but any damage I have caused needs to be repaired. I have been told by colleagues to check the oven, the extractor fan filter, on top of kitchen cupboards which can get greasy and sticky, the tops of doors, and around the taps in kitchen and bathroom to check for limescale deposits.

When you leave, you should remove all of the room/ceiling lights and wall lights before you checkout. If there is a fault, it may be that the landlord is responsible for fixing it.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your move.

Julian S, Jul 22, 2018 @ 12:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Broken ceiling lights in my flat - do I need to pay? Recommendations for handymen?
Post 2

If you have stuck self-adhesive hooks to any kitchen or bathroom tiles, you can also get charged for the removal and replacement of each and every tile.

If you have stuck self-adhesive hooks to any kitchen or bathroom tiles, you can also get charged for the removal and replacement of each and every tile.

Ritchie, Jul 22, 2018 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 654 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form