Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Brunch in Geneva..

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Brunch in Geneva..
Since I arrived in Geneva I moved from being the one that used to answer.. "what's a brunch??" to getting to love it.
I think it fits perfectly with my idea of a sunday morning (after the gym if I am in Active mood, or after waking up at 2pm :)in the lazy days) ....
Unfortunatelly I don't know many places where to go and have a good brunch (and the ones that I know are the most popular among my colleagues) ... so here they are and please add some other suggestion!!

1) C.A.L.M. (Comme a la maison - pardon my poor written french) - in in Carouge, on the way of the tram 12/13 the stop after Marche'. It's a nice cozy and typical bar/brunch place, the entrance look like a home kitchen, and the back room is really nice. In summer they put some table in the small back garden. they have nice brunch deals, good renversee', and some home made cakes and quiches. Only problem... it's small and gets crowded soon.
2) Les 5 portes - it's in 8 rue de Zurich. Nice atmoshpere as well, a bit less choice in terms of "salty - brunch dishes" but overall nice (not the cheapest option)
3) Off course Le Pain Quotidian - some of them are open on Sunday altough they are more about Breakfast then brunch ...

and ... that's it. I don't know any other place (sigh sigh) ...

Ah for DIM SUM lovers ... the e-wok restaurant on top of LaPraille is open on Sundays as well, and although the location is not the fanciest, the Chinese DIM SUMS are really good! (they still do some stuff that I can't find in Hong Kong anymore)... and they price affordable.

Waiting for more brunch places ...
Yummy!
Vale
The text you are quoting:
Since I arrived in Geneva I moved from being the one that used to answer.. "what's a brunch??" to getting to love it.
I think it fits perfectly with my idea of a sunday morning (after the gym if I am in Active mood, or after waking up at 2pm :)in the lazy days) ....
Unfortunatelly I don't know many places where to go and have a good brunch (and the ones that I know are the most popular among my colleagues) ... so here they are and please add some other suggestion!!

1) C.A.L.M. (Comme a la maison - pardon my poor written french) - in in Carouge, on the way of the tram 12/13 the stop after Marche'. It's a nice cozy and typical bar/brunch place, the entrance look like a home kitchen, and the back room is really nice. In summer they put some table in the small back garden. they have nice brunch deals, good renversee', and some home made cakes and quiches. Only problem... it's small and gets crowded soon.
2) Les 5 portes - it's in 8 rue de Zurich. Nice atmoshpere as well, a bit less choice in terms of "salty - brunch dishes" but overall nice (not the cheapest option)
3) Off course Le Pain Quotidian - some of them are open on Sunday altough they are more about Breakfast then brunch ...

and ... that's it. I don't know any other place (sigh sigh) ...

Ah for DIM SUM lovers ... the e-wok restaurant on top of LaPraille is open on Sundays as well, and although the location is not the fanciest, the Chinese DIM SUMS are really good! (they still do some stuff that I can't find in Hong Kong anymore)... and they price affordable.

Waiting for more brunch places ...
Yummy!
Vale
HoilingJan 9, 2006 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2504 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Brunch in Geneva..
Post 1
Guys,
Do not whatever you do forget about brunch at the new hot spot near servette..

Now some of you might have already seen "Faim" mentioned on these forums before but i thought i would remind you all.

Faim is not only getting a pretty funky reputation for great cocktails including the best Cosmo's in Geneva but their food rocks too.

Their Sunday brunch served from 11am to 2.30pm is amazing, and the cool thing is they have vegetarian options and lots of cool extras for when a huge plate (which i have had difficulty to finish)just doesn't suffice.

The venue is spacious, light and airy, and the staff make you feel totally at home, so much so that a group of GOL people spent 7 hours there on sunday without even realising.

have a look at the following website: http://www.faim.ch for more info and don't forget to go and introduce yourself to Niels (A.K.A Dinkel on GOL)who runs the place.

enjoy..
Guys,
Do not whatever you do forget about brunch at the new hot spot near servette..

Now some of you might have already seen "Faim" mentioned on these forums before but i thought i would remind you all.

Faim is not only getting a pretty funky reputation for great cocktails including the best Cosmo's in Geneva but their food rocks too.

Their Sunday brunch served from 11am to 2.30pm is amazing, and the cool thing is they have vegetarian options and lots of cool extras for when a huge plate (which i have had difficulty to finish)just doesn't suffice.

The venue is spacious, light and airy, and the staff make you feel totally at home, so much so that a group of GOL people spent 7 hours there on sunday without even realising.

have a look at the following website: http://www.faim.ch for more info and don't forget to go and introduce yourself to Niels (A.K.A Dinkel on GOL)who runs the place.

enjoy..
Luca, Jan 9, 2006 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
You are right, here we go:
I will be happy to offer 1 glass of Prosecco together with a brunch.
If you order 2 courses per person from our evening menu (not snacks) you get 2.5 dl of house wine for FREE (per person).
And to top it up, for any organized "New GOL member drink" (like the ones Sherri use to organize) I will give you 33% on cocktails.
This is valid from now till 1/3/06.
Now that is a pretty good discount if I might say so :-)
Just say you are a GOL member when you order.

You are right, here we go:
I will be happy to offer 1 glass of Prosecco together with a brunch.
If you order 2 courses per person from our evening menu (not snacks) you get 2.5 dl of house wine for FREE (per person).
And to top it up, for any organized "New GOL member drink" (like the ones Sherri use to organize) I will give you 33% on cocktails.
This is valid from now till 1/3/06.
Now that is a pretty good discount if I might say so :-)
Just say you are a GOL member when you order.

Dinkel, Jan 13, 2006 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Sadly the term "brunch" has entered the local culinary vernacular in the similar confused manner in which "loft" was popularised (yes, your 10m2, windowless studio in a charmless HLM IS a loft!). Brunch does not mean 9am, or midday, or three sittings - nor is it a 60 franc buffet at a lakeside fivestar with coco the clown and kinder surprises all round.

With that off my chest, I could recommend the Calimar (British/Iberian) on Carl Vogt if faux vieux is your thing or the Alhambar on Sundays for eggs & tunes (after 10 mind).
Sadly the term "brunch" has entered the local culinary vernacular in the similar confused manner in which "loft" was popularised (yes, your 10m2, windowless studio in a charmless HLM IS a loft!). Brunch does not mean 9am, or midday, or three sittings - nor is it a 60 franc buffet at a lakeside fivestar with coco the clown and kinder surprises all round.

With that off my chest, I could recommend the Calimar (British/Iberian) on Carl Vogt if faux vieux is your thing or the Alhambar on Sundays for eggs & tunes (after 10 mind).
Fukamidori, Feb 16, 2006 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
My favorite brunch place. And would highly recommend it. It's an all you can eat buffet with various salty and sweet dishes, as well as one portion of eggs of your choice and the orange juice. Coffee is extra. All for around CHF 20 if I remember correctly.

Oh yes, where to find it... it's on pl. du Bourg-de-Four.

Enjoy

Andrej
My favorite brunch place. And would highly recommend it. It's an all you can eat buffet with various salty and sweet dishes, as well as one portion of eggs of your choice and the orange juice. Coffee is extra. All for around CHF 20 if I remember correctly.

Oh yes, where to find it... it's on pl. du Bourg-de-Four.

Enjoy

Andrej
spqr, Mar 8, 2006 @ 18:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2504 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form