Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Cafe Cristallina (across from Holmes Place) Rue de Rhone

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cafe Cristallina (across from Holmes Place) Rue de Rhone
Went there this morning. I ride the bus past it every day on the way to work and have always wanted to stop and have a coffee for two reasons. It's open and there are always lots of people inside. So, today I met a friend of mine there.

It opens at 6h30 in the morning and has a mix of workmen to bankers and everything in between. It's not too small inside, but smoky even if people aren't smoking.

Price-wise, probably average. For a tea, renverse and a croissant, it was eight francs something. My renverse was pretty good, not the best, but not bad by any stretch.

He had a decent selection of herbal teas and the croissant was pretty good, too. You can either order your drinks at the bar or order them from the man when he comes around to your table, but the selection of croissants, bread spread with jam, pain au chocolat (at least I think that's what they were) and other stuff, you serve yourself from the top of the counter by the door.

The opening hours definitely recommend it as a morning meeting place. I'll go back.

The text you are quoting:
Went there this morning. I ride the bus past it every day on the way to work and have always wanted to stop and have a coffee for two reasons. It's open and there are always lots of people inside. So, today I met a friend of mine there.

It opens at 6h30 in the morning and has a mix of workmen to bankers and everything in between. It's not too small inside, but smoky even if people aren't smoking.

Price-wise, probably average. For a tea, renverse and a croissant, it was eight francs something. My renverse was pretty good, not the best, but not bad by any stretch.

He had a decent selection of herbal teas and the croissant was pretty good, too. You can either order your drinks at the bar or order them from the man when he comes around to your table, but the selection of croissants, bread spread with jam, pain au chocolat (at least I think that's what they were) and other stuff, you serve yourself from the top of the counter by the door.

The opening hours definitely recommend it as a morning meeting place. I'll go back.

misskateJan 18, 2006 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1111 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 1111 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form