Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Call for Geneva Trivia Ideas

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Call for Geneva Trivia Ideas
I'm trying to devise a trivia game about factoids of living in Geneva. For example, did you know that there's a 100 CHF fine for putting more than one Autoroute vignette sticker on your car?!? Here's another one . . . Apparently, there are only two streets in Geneva named after women.

This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for - Anyone have anything true and interesting?

Thanks,
Michele
The text you are quoting:
I'm trying to devise a trivia game about factoids of living in Geneva. For example, did you know that there's a 100 CHF fine for putting more than one Autoroute vignette sticker on your car?!? Here's another one . . . Apparently, there are only two streets in Geneva named after women.

This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for - Anyone have anything true and interesting?

Thanks,
Michele
3PuttBogeyMar 6, 2006 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 942 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Call for Geneva Trivia Ideas
Post 1
- if you pass certain speed limits, you can get fined up to 5% of your monthly salsary!

- when you want to become a Swiss citizen they put you throgh a test to see if you have adopted the 'swiss spirit'. this test includes knowing how to cook a fondue.
- if you pass certain speed limits, you can get fined up to 5% of your monthly salsary!

- when you want to become a Swiss citizen they put you throgh a test to see if you have adopted the 'swiss spirit'. this test includes knowing how to cook a fondue.

Nir Ofek, Mar 7, 2006 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks, and more trivia appreciated!
Thanks, and more trivia appreciated!
3PuttBogey, Mar 8, 2006 @ 14:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
if you pass certain speed limits, you can get fined up to 5% of your monthly salsary!

I've been told from more the 1 swiss that ... this is not true!!
Mistery

Val
if you pass certain speed limits, you can get fined up to 5% of your monthly salsary!

I've been told from more the 1 swiss that ... this is not true!!
Mistery

Val
Hoiling, Mar 8, 2006 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Following on from the trivia set out above....I heard that it can be up to 25% of annual salary... but you really have to be racing and probably drunk.
In any event the first is a fine calculated at a set rate per KMPH over the set limit...then you get a caution for 2 yrs, then you get a jail term and fine, which they calculate from salary as "ability to pay".

Drink driving carries the predictably harsh jail term and huge fines.

(I'm on a [cough] 2 yr caution, which I got in conjunction with a CHF300 fine... I was doing 70 in a 50 zone... 3am ... fair and square caught on camera.)

The fines also go up if you are pictured "on the phone" and without seat belt etc..)
Following on from the trivia set out above....I heard that it can be up to 25% of annual salary... but you really have to be racing and probably drunk.
In any event the first is a fine calculated at a set rate per KMPH over the set limit...then you get a caution for 2 yrs, then you get a jail term and fine, which they calculate from salary as "ability to pay".

Drink driving carries the predictably harsh jail term and huge fines.

(I'm on a [cough] 2 yr caution, which I got in conjunction with a CHF300 fine... I was doing 70 in a 50 zone... 3am ... fair and square caught on camera.)

The fines also go up if you are pictured "on the phone" and without seat belt etc..)
Charlie, Mar 8, 2006 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 942 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form