Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Cannot extend drivers license

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cannot extend drivers license

Good aftenoon,

I found out a few days ago that my Dutch drivers license expired beginning this month while applying for a Swiss one. I've contacted the Dutch authorities and they mentioned I cannot extend it, because I currently don't live in the Netherlands. They can only extend it if I would live outside of Europe. They offered to provide a document that states that I'm a registered driver, but the Dutch embassy mentioned that Swiss authorities don't recognize that. 

The Swiss authorities indicate that I can only provide a valid license to be eligable for a Swiss license. The only solution I've found now is to re-take a driving exam. Clearly not a favourable one...

Did anyone ever experience something similar and how did you resolve it? 

Appreciate your input.

The text you are quoting:

Good aftenoon,

I found out a few days ago that my Dutch drivers license expired beginning this month while applying for a Swiss one. I've contacted the Dutch authorities and they mentioned I cannot extend it, because I currently don't live in the Netherlands. They can only extend it if I would live outside of Europe. They offered to provide a document that states that I'm a registered driver, but the Dutch embassy mentioned that Swiss authorities don't recognize that. 

The Swiss authorities indicate that I can only provide a valid license to be eligable for a Swiss license. The only solution I've found now is to re-take a driving exam. Clearly not a favourable one...

Did anyone ever experience something similar and how did you resolve it? 

Appreciate your input.

Erik Jan VFeb 12, 2021 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 833 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cannot extend drivers license
Post 1

Yup, you are going to have to pass the swiss exam!  You can't provide them with a valid license, so .....oh well.  I think its called school fees ;)

Yup, you are going to have to pass the swiss exam!  You can't provide them with a valid license, so .....oh well.  I think its called school fees ;)

hucklewoo, Feb 15, 2021 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Cannot extend drivers license
Post 2

Hello i tried to write you an explanation it was long and  i lost it. I feel lazy to write it again so please call me and i give some information about your driving licence. Take care sana. Mobile 077 458.43 25.

Hello i tried to write you an explanation it was long and  i lost it. I feel lazy to write it again so please call me and i give some information about your driving licence. Take care sana. Mobile 077 458.43 25.

Sana S, Feb 20, 2021 @ 19:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 833 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form