Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Car Sharing Idea

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Car Sharing Idea

Apparently, this recently formed car sharing business is expanding to the Romandie :

http://www.thelocal.ch/20150710/swiss-private-car-sharing-programme-expands

The text you are quoting:

Apparently, this recently formed car sharing business is expanding to the Romandie :

http://www.thelocal.ch/20150710/swiss-private-car-sharing-programme-expands

sheila cJul 10, 2015 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1198 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Car Sharing Idea
Post 1

Absolutely no way in hell I would let someone I didn't know use my car. I don't even let friends use it because if they crashed it or damaged it then I am temporarily disadvantaged whilst I don't have a car and they feel bad and have to pay for the car. All round, it's not worth it.

Absolutely no way in hell I would let someone I didn't know use my car. I don't even let friends use it because if they crashed it or damaged it then I am temporarily disadvantaged whilst I don't have a car and they feel bad and have to pay for the car. All round, it's not worth it.

nickg_44, Jul 23, 2015 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Jul 23, 15 15:51

Couldn't agree more!  This is the most bizarre bit though:

Sharoo says that what makes its programme unique is the “Access Kit” conceived and developed by m-way that enables users with an app to locate and book the vehicles they want using their cellphones.

Once the kit is installed — a 30-minute procedure at partner garages — “users can even unlock and lock the vehicles they rent without a key, making it unnecessary for the owner and user to arrange a meeting to exchange the key,” 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!  Seriously?  

I can see it now - one Roma beggar to another:

"See this new iphone that I knicked - well it now has an app that tells us where a car is and we can even unlock it ourselves - vroom vroom!!"

Makes "Mobility" cars suddenly seem a very sensible proposition.

Bonkers.....Laughing

Couldn't agree more!  This is the most bizarre bit though:

Sharoo says that what makes its programme unique is the “Access Kit” conceived and developed by m-way that enables users with an app to locate and book the vehicles they want using their cellphones.

Once the kit is installed — a 30-minute procedure at partner garages — “users can even unlock and lock the vehicles they rent without a key, making it unnecessary for the owner and user to arrange a meeting to exchange the key,” 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!  Seriously?  

I can see it now - one Roma beggar to another:

"See this new iphone that I knicked - well it now has an app that tells us where a car is and we can even unlock it ourselves - vroom vroom!!"

Makes "Mobility" cars suddenly seem a very sensible proposition.

Bonkers.....Laughing

Carolyn C, Jul 23, 2015 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

An old post - but still relevant. 

I was discussing car sharing costs today with a friend, who like me, is always happy to offer a lift, and I came across this:  https://www.calculator.net/fuel-cost-calculator.html?tripdistance=100&tripdistanceunit=kilometers&fuelefficiency=10&fuelefficiencyunit=lp100k&gasprice=2&gaspriceunit=liter&x=67&y=22

Whilst I'm always happy to car share, with rising petrol costs and car maintenance costs, I've always calculated a minimum of CHF5 per person (CHF 20, based on a car of 4 people including me, the driver) for every 100 kms.  The above link confirms this.

For those friends/acquaintances reading this, the CHF5 is also welcome in a coffee at the end of the hike, a bottle on plonk thrown in the boot of the car, any small measure of appreciation (monetary or otherwise) is always valued.

An old post - but still relevant. 

I was discussing car sharing costs today with a friend, who like me, is always happy to offer a lift, and I came across this:  https://www.calculator.net/fuel-cost-calculator.html?tripdistance=100&tripdistanceunit=kilometers&fuelefficiency=10&fuelefficiencyunit=lp100k&gasprice=2&gaspriceunit=liter&x=67&y=22

Whilst I'm always happy to car share, with rising petrol costs and car maintenance costs, I've always calculated a minimum of CHF5 per person (CHF 20, based on a car of 4 people including me, the driver) for every 100 kms.  The above link confirms this.

For those friends/acquaintances reading this, the CHF5 is also welcome in a coffee at the end of the hike, a bottle on plonk thrown in the boot of the car, any small measure of appreciation (monetary or otherwise) is always valued.

Carolyn C, Apr 21, 2023 @ 19:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1198 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form