Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Choising a French collège for a non-French speaker

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Choising a French collège for a non-French speaker

We are looking for the best place in France near Geneva to move to. Our main priority is to find a school with some support for our 13-year old daughter, who has two years of French as a foreign language but clearly is not at the same level as 13-year old native speakers. She will need support, and I know there are schools that provide some support for allophones. We will choose the place to live based on where there is a school for her. We would prefer not to put her in a Catholic school so it seems public schools are the real option. I am aware of the Cité Scolaire in Ferney-Voltaire and the Jacques Rousseau in Saint-Julien; does anyone have recent experiences of those two or other recommendations near Geneva?

The text you are quoting:

We are looking for the best place in France near Geneva to move to. Our main priority is to find a school with some support for our 13-year old daughter, who has two years of French as a foreign language but clearly is not at the same level as 13-year old native speakers. She will need support, and I know there are schools that provide some support for allophones. We will choose the place to live based on where there is a school for her. We would prefer not to put her in a Catholic school so it seems public schools are the real option. I am aware of the Cité Scolaire in Ferney-Voltaire and the Jacques Rousseau in Saint-Julien; does anyone have recent experiences of those two or other recommendations near Geneva?

Leif RJun 20, 2020 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 545 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 545 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form