Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Come and help me spend it!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Come and help me spend it!!!

Wow and double wow! Have received a 2.00 increase in my pension = want yaw'll to come on over and help me spend it, despite that the OH was heard to say "don't spend it all at once". This is the second increase of 2.00 in 13 years - lucky meInnocent

The text you are quoting:

Wow and double wow! Have received a 2.00 increase in my pension = want yaw'll to come on over and help me spend it, despite that the OH was heard to say "don't spend it all at once". This is the second increase of 2.00 in 13 years - lucky meInnocent

sheila cJan 28, 2019 @ 14:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 714 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Come and help me spend it!!!
Post 1

Jan 28, 19 14:32

Is that 2.00 an hour or 2.00 a year? Sealed

You mean, they increased your pension even after they learned you splurged your last increase on a trip to Sri Lanka?

Is that 2.00 an hour or 2.00 a year? Sealed

You mean, they increased your pension even after they learned you splurged your last increase on a trip to Sri Lanka?

JR M, Jan 28, 2019 @ 15:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Jan 28, 19 14:32

Hearty congratulations, Sheila.  I’m green with envy ‘cos I could do with an extra 2.00.

I suggest that you put your well-deserved raise in a savings account until the fine weather comes when I’ll pop over the border and help you squander what’s left after the bank’s deduction(s) for safe-guardianship.

So mind how you go in the interim,

R.

Hearty congratulations, Sheila.  I’m green with envy ‘cos I could do with an extra 2.00.

I suggest that you put your well-deserved raise in a savings account until the fine weather comes when I’ll pop over the border and help you squander what’s left after the bank’s deduction(s) for safe-guardianship.

So mind how you go in the interim,

R.

Ritchie, Jan 28, 2019 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yes, apropos Sri Lanka: fascinating island to visit. Full of beauty with undulating hills, mountain streams, lush forests, exotic flowers, women with exquisite hair but oh the plastic! Island is totally ruined [IMHO] by lack of litter bins and therefore plastic bags, bottles, et al strewn everywhere. Took a rambling train ride [6.5 hours] from Kandy to Ella, which the OH loved of course. Parts of the country have been spoiled by mass tourism now sporting burgers, pizza, beer 24/7 and loud western thumping music until 03.00 = this in Ella.

But if one goes to Anuradhapura and Tissa, as well as other out of the way places, then the country is magical. Siguriya was grossly overcrowded and a real tourist trap, therefore we went with our guide up to the top of the adjacent mountain which has marvellous views and fewer people trekking in vast columns.

Didn't like Colombo much - here again, somewhat ruined by mass tourism but the people in general are extremely likeable, friendly, amenable and smiling and the food is exceptionally cheap, although having said that, we are living without curry and rice for the foreseeable future, having been offered this dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the tour.

All in all, the island is one of those venues where one has a super time, but wouldn't necessarily go again, but then this is just our opinion of course. Bon voyage if you decide to go, and let us know so that we can recommend a flexible, likeable guide.

Yes, apropos Sri Lanka: fascinating island to visit. Full of beauty with undulating hills, mountain streams, lush forests, exotic flowers, women with exquisite hair but oh the plastic! Island is totally ruined [IMHO] by lack of litter bins and therefore plastic bags, bottles, et al strewn everywhere. Took a rambling train ride [6.5 hours] from Kandy to Ella, which the OH loved of course. Parts of the country have been spoiled by mass tourism now sporting burgers, pizza, beer 24/7 and loud western thumping music until 03.00 = this in Ella.

But if one goes to Anuradhapura and Tissa, as well as other out of the way places, then the country is magical. Siguriya was grossly overcrowded and a real tourist trap, therefore we went with our guide up to the top of the adjacent mountain which has marvellous views and fewer people trekking in vast columns.

Didn't like Colombo much - here again, somewhat ruined by mass tourism but the people in general are extremely likeable, friendly, amenable and smiling and the food is exceptionally cheap, although having said that, we are living without curry and rice for the foreseeable future, having been offered this dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the tour.

All in all, the island is one of those venues where one has a super time, but wouldn't necessarily go again, but then this is just our opinion of course. Bon voyage if you decide to go, and let us know so that we can recommend a flexible, likeable guide.

sheila c, Jan 28, 2019 @ 18:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks for the travel review of Sri Lanka. A couple of co-workers went not too long ago and they loved it. For some reason, they could not stop talking about elephants. Really.

Now, that is what I call making the most out of your X+2.00 pension: travel to exotic places and daily baths in Evian water How can you beat that?

Thanks for the travel review of Sri Lanka. A couple of co-workers went not too long ago and they loved it. For some reason, they could not stop talking about elephants. Really.

Now, that is what I call making the most out of your X+2.00 pension: travel to exotic places and daily baths in Evian water How can you beat that?

JR M, Jan 28, 2019 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 714 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form