Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Disposing old electric household stuff

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Disposing old electric household stuff

Please could someone tell me where to dispose of damanaged  or old electric household stuff? Also damaged laptop. Thanks 

The text you are quoting:

Please could someone tell me where to dispose of damanaged  or old electric household stuff? Also damaged laptop. Thanks 

Kay MathyeMar 6, 2021 @ 15:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 779 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Disposing old electric household stuff
Post 1

If you’re in Geneva you can go to La Praille.

I think there are also a couple of other depots as well.

If you’re in Geneva you can go to La Praille.

I think there are also a couple of other depots as well.

Ritchie, Mar 6, 2021 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

https://www.geneve.ch/fr/themes/environnement-urbain-espaces-verts/recyclage-dechets-menagers

https://www.geneve.ch/fr/themes/environnement-urbain-espaces-verts/recyclage-dechets-menagers

mbgoldst, Mar 7, 2021 @ 03:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You can return them to any store that sells electrical appliances (e.g. MediaMarkt), even if you did not buy them there. This because in Switzerland a recycling tax is automatically applied to the price of an appliance and paid by the buyer.

Remember to wipe the laptop's hard drive, or remove it, before throwing it away.

You can return them to any store that sells electrical appliances (e.g. MediaMarkt), even if you did not buy them there. This because in Switzerland a recycling tax is automatically applied to the price of an appliance and paid by the buyer.

Remember to wipe the laptop's hard drive, or remove it, before throwing it away.

TheOmegaMan, Mar 8, 2021 @ 15:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Great - thank you all for the pointers and tips. Much appreciated. 

Great - thank you all for the pointers and tips. Much appreciated. 

Kay Mathye, Mar 8, 2021 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I have taken several times broken electronics to my local Interdiscount and they happily accepted them, even though I didn't buy them there.

Does anyone know if this also applies to larger appliances? My washing machine finally gave out after 10 years. I think it can be fixed (needs new brushes apparently), but I am moving and don't need it. 

Can it something as a large as this be brought to any shop? It is not clear on the document https://www.geneve.ch/fr/themes/environnement-urbain-espaces-verts/recyclage-dechets-menagers 

I have taken several times broken electronics to my local Interdiscount and they happily accepted them, even though I didn't buy them there.

Does anyone know if this also applies to larger appliances? My washing machine finally gave out after 10 years. I think it can be fixed (needs new brushes apparently), but I am moving and don't need it. 

Can it something as a large as this be brought to any shop? It is not clear on the document https://www.geneve.ch/fr/themes/environnement-urbain-espaces-verts/recyclage-dechets-menagers 

Sean C, Mar 9, 2021 @ 08:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 779 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form