Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > English Speaking Doctors in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
English Speaking Doctors in Geneva

Hello, 

I am looking for an English speaking general practice doctor for when I move to Switzerland at the end of April. Does anybody have any recommendations? 

Thanks in advance!

The text you are quoting:

Hello, 

I am looking for an English speaking general practice doctor for when I move to Switzerland at the end of April. Does anybody have any recommendations? 

Thanks in advance!

Carson SprockMar 18, 2024 @ 00:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 213 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: English Speaking Doctors in Geneva
Post 1

check Onedoc, you can filter by way of languages. Magellan at te Butini stop has English-speaking GP's 

check Onedoc, you can filter by way of languages. Magellan at te Butini stop has English-speaking GP's 

Timothy S, Mar 18, 2024 @ 10:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The Assocation des médecins du canton de Genève (https://amge.ch/medecins/annuaire-des-medecins/) lists registered practitioners. You can look for the respective language spoken.

The Assocation des médecins du canton de Genève (https://amge.ch/medecins/annuaire-des-medecins/) lists registered practitioners. You can look for the respective language spoken.

Marvin S, Mar 20, 2024 @ 15:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

hi, yes ,it is indeed dificulty to find a good and compentent doctors here, I had my experience here, for example Dr gay in champel he is alone in his cabinet doing everything basically alone no fixed secretary so when he is consulting  he takes as well the phone call s horrible after while he losses concentration on what he has got in front of him...so it happened so many times with me ! So I gave up him beside he is getting old , out of date ... after bad memories with the generalist dr HAsani in Carouge uhau it is amasing so much incompentence, crazy guy, he looks youtube and google all the time , at that time me and my son had , wrong diagnostic for asthma and many gaffs! His cabinet always empty and his wife sometimes is there to take blood but even so I let her doing just one , because she pushed 3 times, how is it possible in geneva , yes here no control , it is free market, even so they do as they want and no control they are there to make points for the insurance and making more money... 

then after going around , I took one that follow my husband she looks competentent and reads the dossier of the patients and try to follow selon the rules ... In Geneva you need to be careful  what y get ..it is amazing because we pay alot in insurance , most of them are interesting in making the points for the LAML  ... so now I have  Dr Besa Zenalaj , very interested lady , read the patients dossiers  and it has 2 secretaries one is a medical care secretary assitance she does a lot of technical medical protocol , takes well blood,  and other techniques. That's a RELEVANT POINT OK  a generalist need a people to help in medical technical, take blood , to some prelimary examens in the cabinet  and so on  !! so I hope that I ve given a orientation what is the INternational Geneva  hahaha good luck 

hi, yes ,it is indeed dificulty to find a good and compentent doctors here, I had my experience here, for example Dr gay in champel he is alone in his cabinet doing everything basically alone no fixed secretary so when he is consulting  he takes as well the phone call s horrible after while he losses concentration on what he has got in front of him...so it happened so many times with me ! So I gave up him beside he is getting old , out of date ... after bad memories with the generalist dr HAsani in Carouge uhau it is amasing so much incompentence, crazy guy, he looks youtube and google all the time , at that time me and my son had , wrong diagnostic for asthma and many gaffs! His cabinet always empty and his wife sometimes is there to take blood but even so I let her doing just one , because she pushed 3 times, how is it possible in geneva , yes here no control , it is free market, even so they do as they want and no control they are there to make points for the insurance and making more money... 

then after going around , I took one that follow my husband she looks competentent and reads the dossier of the patients and try to follow selon the rules ... In Geneva you need to be careful  what y get ..it is amazing because we pay alot in insurance , most of them are interesting in making the points for the LAML  ... so now I have  Dr Besa Zenalaj , very interested lady , read the patients dossiers  and it has 2 secretaries one is a medical care secretary assitance she does a lot of technical medical protocol , takes well blood,  and other techniques. That's a RELEVANT POINT OK  a generalist need a people to help in medical technical, take blood , to some prelimary examens in the cabinet  and so on  !! so I hope that I ve given a orientation what is the INternational Geneva  hahaha good luck 

MERIVANE DE MELO, Mar 26, 2024 @ 07:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

not only speak english but competent important creteria !! be careful!!

not only speak english but competent important creteria !! be careful!!

MERIVANE DE MELO, Mar 26, 2024 @ 07:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 213 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form