Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Entering Schengen area from outside Europe (not CH) with a CDL

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Entering Schengen area from outside Europe (not CH) with a CDL

Hi members,

I'm a UN staff member in Geneva with a valid carte de légitimation (CDL). Usually, when I travel to the Schengen area from Switzerland, there's no problem at all when I bring my passport and CDL together. This time, I've been on leave in my home country in Asia for a while, and I'm planning to travel to France from my country some time in September. By the rules, the CDL should grant a stay of up to 3 months in the Schengen area each time I enter it, but since this time I'm entering from outside Europe, I wonder if French customs may raise an eyebrow about that.

Has anyone here been in the same situation? It'd be great to hear from your experience.

Best,

M.

The text you are quoting:

Hi members,

I'm a UN staff member in Geneva with a valid carte de légitimation (CDL). Usually, when I travel to the Schengen area from Switzerland, there's no problem at all when I bring my passport and CDL together. This time, I've been on leave in my home country in Asia for a while, and I'm planning to travel to France from my country some time in September. By the rules, the CDL should grant a stay of up to 3 months in the Schengen area each time I enter it, but since this time I'm entering from outside Europe, I wonder if French customs may raise an eyebrow about that.

Has anyone here been in the same situation? It'd be great to hear from your experience.

Best,

M.

Michael NJul 9, 2022 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1135 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1135 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form