Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Etat des lieux tomorrow. Suggestions?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Etat des lieux tomorrow. Suggestions?

Hi,

Unfortunately today is my last full day in Geneva and I will have my etat des lieux tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions for this on things I need to be careful about? I have heard some horror stories from friends who left Switzerland and were sent huge bills for repair works by their regies, so I am really paranoid about this. 

I lived alone in the flat for about four years, do not have any pets, did not put any posters on the walls and was away quite a lot, so I would say that I probably my wear and tear was below average. But of course there are some small marks on the floor and the walls. We had a preliminary inspection a few weeks ago and the lady who did this only listed a few minor repair works (exchanging broken ligtbulbs and lightswitches, etc.) which I have done. However, this was a very quick inspection (less than 10mins) and I guess tomorrow will be a lot more thorough. A cleaning company is currently doing the final cleaning and they will send someone tomorrow to respond to any concerns the regie might have about the cleaning. They already found a new tenant and I think the person will be present at the inspection tomorrow as well.

Anything else I need to worry about? Also what do I do if they write something about the marks on the floor on the protocol? Should I add something like "normal wear and tear"? At the preliminary inspection the lady said that indeed the marks are normal and she will not recommend any repair works. 

Thanks for your help!

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

Unfortunately today is my last full day in Geneva and I will have my etat des lieux tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions for this on things I need to be careful about? I have heard some horror stories from friends who left Switzerland and were sent huge bills for repair works by their regies, so I am really paranoid about this. 

I lived alone in the flat for about four years, do not have any pets, did not put any posters on the walls and was away quite a lot, so I would say that I probably my wear and tear was below average. But of course there are some small marks on the floor and the walls. We had a preliminary inspection a few weeks ago and the lady who did this only listed a few minor repair works (exchanging broken ligtbulbs and lightswitches, etc.) which I have done. However, this was a very quick inspection (less than 10mins) and I guess tomorrow will be a lot more thorough. A cleaning company is currently doing the final cleaning and they will send someone tomorrow to respond to any concerns the regie might have about the cleaning. They already found a new tenant and I think the person will be present at the inspection tomorrow as well.

Anything else I need to worry about? Also what do I do if they write something about the marks on the floor on the protocol? Should I add something like "normal wear and tear"? At the preliminary inspection the lady said that indeed the marks are normal and she will not recommend any repair works. 

Thanks for your help!

Ben KJul 30, 2018 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 803 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Etat des lieux tomorrow. Suggestions?
Post 1

It is always best to pay for a professional cleaner [I know, it's horribly expensive, but probably less in the long run] but it would appear you have probably left it too late.

Make certain you clean around and under all taps in bathroom and kitchen with white vinegar - best to leave it there for a half hour soaked in loo paper or tissue paper.

Good luck - horror stories are about rightYell

It is always best to pay for a professional cleaner [I know, it's horribly expensive, but probably less in the long run] but it would appear you have probably left it too late.

Make certain you clean around and under all taps in bathroom and kitchen with white vinegar - best to leave it there for a half hour soaked in loo paper or tissue paper.

Good luck - horror stories are about rightYell

sheila c, Jul 30, 2018 @ 12:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Etat des lieux tomorrow. Suggestions?
Post 2

Thanks. I actually did book a professional cleaning company and they will be there tomorrow at the inspection to deal with any of the regie' s concerns .So cleanliness will not be an issue. However I heard further horror stories during the day today so I'm even more worried. There are some small marks on the floor and wall but this is really just normal wear and tear in my opinion. 

Thanks. I actually did book a professional cleaning company and they will be there tomorrow at the inspection to deal with any of the regie' s concerns .So cleanliness will not be an issue. However I heard further horror stories during the day today so I'm even more worried. There are some small marks on the floor and wall but this is really just normal wear and tear in my opinion. 

Ben K, Jul 30, 2018 @ 19:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 803 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form