Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > European Adapter for US appliances

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
European Adapter for US appliances

Where can I purchase heavy duty adapters for my US small and large appliances?(120 v)

The text you are quoting:

Where can I purchase heavy duty adapters for my US small and large appliances?(120 v)

Susan GOct 23, 2022 @ 20:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 556 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: European Adapter for US appliances
Post 1

If you have heavy-duty appliances that support 230V, you should change the plugs, otherwise they become fire risks. (And heavy-duty equipment frequently need to be grounded, which many adapters don't support)

If they don't support 230V, you need a transformer or power converter, not just a simple adapter. Probably not worthwhile.

For normal light-weigth stuff (again, if they support 230V), you can get adapters at Interdiscount and similar places.

The text you are quoting:

If you have heavy-duty appliances that support 230V, you should change the plugs, otherwise they become fire risks. (And heavy-duty equipment frequently need to be grounded, which many adapters don't support)

If they don't support 230V, you need a transformer or power converter, not just a simple adapter. Probably not worthwhile.

For normal light-weigth stuff (again, if they support 230V), you can get adapters at Interdiscount and similar places.

tawb, Oct 23, 2022 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 556 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form