Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Exporting a car from france

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Exporting a car from france

Me and my husband have been living in Geneva on the french side for 5 years, and now we are moving back to Norway. We bought a car in France when we moved here 5 years ago, and we are going to take it with us. The steps to import it seems easy, but we are trying to figure out the steps we need to take in order to export it out of France. Has anyone gone trough this process and know the steps we need to take in order to inform the french authorities that the car should no longer be registered as a french car? 

The text you are quoting:

Me and my husband have been living in Geneva on the french side for 5 years, and now we are moving back to Norway. We bought a car in France when we moved here 5 years ago, and we are going to take it with us. The steps to import it seems easy, but we are trying to figure out the steps we need to take in order to export it out of France. Has anyone gone trough this process and know the steps we need to take in order to inform the french authorities that the car should no longer be registered as a french car? 

helga holmestadJul 19, 2019 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 783 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Exporting a car from france
Post 1

You shouldn't need to inform the French authorities. If Norway is anything similar to Denmark.  You have to declare the car in Norway pay your VAT and go through the process of registering it in Norway.  Then the Norwegian authorities take care of returning the plaque to France.  Here is a site from Norway on importing a car.

https://www.toll.no/en/goods/motor-vehicles/importing-cars-and-other-vehicles/

The text you are quoting:

You shouldn't need to inform the French authorities. If Norway is anything similar to Denmark.  You have to declare the car in Norway pay your VAT and go through the process of registering it in Norway.  Then the Norwegian authorities take care of returning the plaque to France.  Here is a site from Norway on importing a car.

https://www.toll.no/en/goods/motor-vehicles/importing-cars-and-other-vehicles/

john m, Sep 9, 2019 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 783 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form