Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Extension of permit of stay

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Extension of permit of stay

Dear leaders. 

I was currently holding a CDL through my work and it expired yesterday on 12.09.2020. However I sent a letter to OCPMrequesting an extension. I live with my Fiancée and we are preparing to get married and traveling back home to Rwanda during travel restrictions would interfere with our plans. I sent a request late because I was suppose to be starting a new contract (with the new contract I would have renewed my CDL with no issue) which was delayed due to administrative issue.

My question is, Is this going to be regarded as an overstay since I applied one day before?

I am reay stressed over this. 

Anyonr who were in similar case where they applied for a  t-permit extension late?

Please share you insights. 

I don't want to be considered an overstay. 

The text you are quoting:

Dear leaders. 

I was currently holding a CDL through my work and it expired yesterday on 12.09.2020. However I sent a letter to OCPMrequesting an extension. I live with my Fiancée and we are preparing to get married and traveling back home to Rwanda during travel restrictions would interfere with our plans. I sent a request late because I was suppose to be starting a new contract (with the new contract I would have renewed my CDL with no issue) which was delayed due to administrative issue.

My question is, Is this going to be regarded as an overstay since I applied one day before?

I am reay stressed over this. 

Anyonr who were in similar case where they applied for a  t-permit extension late?

Please share you insights. 

I don't want to be considered an overstay. 

Aboniyo JSep 13, 2020 @ 08:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 703 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Extension of permit of stay
Post 1

We legally, today you are overstaying your expired permit.  If you want to get any goodwill at all with the authorities personally i would suggest that you go directly to the OCP in person on Monday and see what can be done.  Their paperwork backlog may be so long that it takes many weeksfor them to even deal with your letter and that could have massive repercussions for you in the meantime. 

We legally, today you are overstaying your expired permit.  If you want to get any goodwill at all with the authorities personally i would suggest that you go directly to the OCP in person on Monday and see what can be done.  Their paperwork backlog may be so long that it takes many weeksfor them to even deal with your letter and that could have massive repercussions for you in the meantime. 

hucklewoo, Sep 13, 2020 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: Extension of permit of stay
Post 2

Thank you. I will do that

Thank you. I will do that

Aboniyo J, Sep 13, 2020 @ 14:22