Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Family reunification visa

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Family reunification visa

My wife is in Geneva for six months at one of the NGO's so has a proper visa.  Since it's 6 months, a regular visa would only work for 90 days and I applied for a family reunification visa on June 11.  The web site said it could take up to 12 weeks, but it's been 16.  I now have only another week until my 90 days are up.

1. If I leave for the UK until it's approved, will there be a problem coming back since there are so few days left on the original 90-day visa (I'll need to get the approved one in Geneva, assuming all goes well...)?

2. Has anyone had this situation?  How long did it take to get approved?  Any experience with it being rejected?

3. Is there anything I can do to help the process?  I don't want to just hassle them on the phone.  Is there anything I can say that would potentially increase the urgency (without making things worse!)?

I came here knowing my 90 days could expire before things came through, but it really didn't seem likely.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, etc.

The text you are quoting:

My wife is in Geneva for six months at one of the NGO's so has a proper visa.  Since it's 6 months, a regular visa would only work for 90 days and I applied for a family reunification visa on June 11.  The web site said it could take up to 12 weeks, but it's been 16.  I now have only another week until my 90 days are up.

1. If I leave for the UK until it's approved, will there be a problem coming back since there are so few days left on the original 90-day visa (I'll need to get the approved one in Geneva, assuming all goes well...)?

2. Has anyone had this situation?  How long did it take to get approved?  Any experience with it being rejected?

3. Is there anything I can do to help the process?  I don't want to just hassle them on the phone.  Is there anything I can say that would potentially increase the urgency (without making things worse!)?

I came here knowing my 90 days could expire before things came through, but it really didn't seem likely.

Arian KOct 4, 2018 @ 23:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 964 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Family reunification visa
Post 1

Contact OCP Geneve. To get best answer.

Regards

Contact OCP Geneve. To get best answer.

Regards

Sam D, Oct 5, 2018 @ 07:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Oct 4, 18 23:34

Hi Arian - were you able to resolve your Family Reunification Issue in Geneva? I am going through the same process and looking for support / advice if you can help share your story I'd really appreciate it

thanks

Joe

Hi Arian - were you able to resolve your Family Reunification Issue in Geneva? I am going through the same process and looking for support / advice if you can help share your story I'd really appreciate it

thanks

Joe

Joseph P, Mar 13, 2020 @ 18:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I emailed Arian to find out what happened, here's what he said in case it helps someone in the future:

"Hi Joe.

After making a few visits to the immigration office, I got to redo various forms and provide information a few times.  For as long as papers were in process, I was allowed to stay and even got an exit visa stamped so I could leave and come back while it was still under review.  I was there during my wife's internship at WHO which lasted for six months.  Amazingly, the three month initial visa ended up lasting for the whole six months.  About two weeks after returning to the US I got an official email that my application had been denied.  What an experience!  I hope things out for you."

I emailed Arian to find out what happened, here's what he said in case it helps someone in the future:

"Hi Joe.

After making a few visits to the immigration office, I got to redo various forms and provide information a few times.  For as long as papers were in process, I was allowed to stay and even got an exit visa stamped so I could leave and come back while it was still under review.  I was there during my wife's internship at WHO which lasted for six months.  Amazingly, the three month initial visa ended up lasting for the whole six months.  About two weeks after returning to the US I got an official email that my application had been denied.  What an experience!  I hope things out for you."
Joseph P, Mar 13, 2020 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 964 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form