Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Free (almost) Breast Cancer Screening - did you know?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Free (almost) Breast Cancer Screening - did you know?

Ladies of Canton Vaud

I wanted to alert you (if you didn't already know) that if you are over 50, you are eligible for an "almost free" (you pay CHF20 instead of CHF200), 2-yearly breast cancer screening.

Only criteria is that you have basic (LAMAL) health insurance and live in the canton of Vaud.

It's a scheme operated by CHUV and you can find more information here:  www.pvdc.ch or by calling 0848 990990.  

Once registered, you will be able to make an appointment at one of their approved Clinics (22 in the Canton), and have the mammography at a time that suits you.

You will then be mailed every 2 years with an invitation for an updated screening.

It's all super-easy, uncomplicated, takes 15 minutes, and your Doctor will be kept informed of all results.

I have no vested interest in posting this, other than to make others aware of this very important service, so I hope it helps.

Stay safe, stay healthy. xx

The text you are quoting:

Ladies of Canton Vaud

I wanted to alert you (if you didn't already know) that if you are over 50, you are eligible for an "almost free" (you pay CHF20 instead of CHF200), 2-yearly breast cancer screening.

Only criteria is that you have basic (LAMAL) health insurance and live in the canton of Vaud.

It's a scheme operated by CHUV and you can find more information here:  www.pvdc.ch or by calling 0848 990990.  

Once registered, you will be able to make an appointment at one of their approved Clinics (22 in the Canton), and have the mammography at a time that suits you.

You will then be mailed every 2 years with an invitation for an updated screening.

It's all super-easy, uncomplicated, takes 15 minutes, and your Doctor will be kept informed of all results.

I have no vested interest in posting this, other than to make others aware of this very important service, so I hope it helps.

Stay safe, stay healthy. xx

Carolyn CMay 27, 2020 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 718 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Free (almost) Breast Cancer Screening - did you know?
Post 1

Thank you for sharing this. Is this a relatively new programme, or something that existed since long ago but that recently came to your attention and you wanted to share?

I wonder if other cantons offer the same possibility or not.

Thank you for sharing this. Is this a relatively new programme, or something that existed since long ago but that recently came to your attention and you wanted to share?

ajimenezp, May 28, 2020 @ 10:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think this is very positive. In general, the Swiss health system, with the system of deductibles and paying for everything, doesn't do much in the front of prevention.

I think this is very positive. In general, the Swiss health system, with the system of deductibles and paying for everything, doesn't do much in the front of prevention.

ajimenezp, May 28, 2020 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

May 28, 20 10:42

It's been going for some time, but I only became aware of it (about 4 years ago) when my boss at the time, asked me to call and make an appointment for her.

Then proceeded to tell me "oh and don't forget to tell them i have implants".

Didn't see that coming....Surprised

It's been going for some time, but I only became aware of it (about 4 years ago) when my boss at the time, asked me to call and make an appointment for her.

Then proceeded to tell me "oh and don't forget to tell them i have implants".

Didn't see that coming....Surprised

Carolyn C, May 28, 2020 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

May 28, 20 10:42

I don't know about other cantons in Switzerland, but most countries with a public health system have similar programs, usually free. I have gotten mail informing me about a couple of times in the last 13 years, though I don't have natural (nor implanted) breasts Laughing

I don't know about other cantons in Switzerland, but most countries with a public health system have similar programs, usually free. I have gotten mail informing me about a couple of times in the last 13 years, though I don't have natural (nor implanted) breasts Laughing

JR M, May 28, 2020 @ 15:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

May 28, 20 15:44

If your “J” stands for the unisex name of “Joan”, that might well be the reason why you receive such interesting mail.

If your “J” stands for the unisex name of “Joan”, that might well be the reason why you receive such interesting mail.

Ritchie, May 28, 2020 @ 17:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 718 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form