Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Geneva ain't THAT bad...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva ain't THAT bad...
Yes, ok, I was crazy enough to leave for an extended week end and miss the great nights of debauchery Geneva has on offer! Anyway, I went to Strasbourg where it turns out evenings are even more tedious then in Geneva. Yes, it’s possible.

Examples of situations we encountered:

- Had to leave the hotel rooms by 9 the next morning, even when staying the next day in the same hotel.

- Heater on in the Hotel (sure I smelt some roasted chicken!)

- If a table was only half used we could not use those seats to sit down ourselves. And if two tables were put together they would be separated again in no time by the staff. Obviously the patrons of these institutions prefer there not to be any interaction between people!

- And we were unable to get into ANY club there. Not financial reasons or lack of places; but because they don t know us! “Sorry only regulars” was the answer we got anywhere we went.

So if you go to Strasbourg, which it must be said is an absolutely beautiful town, don’t expect to have a great time. Maybe by Catharsis it’ll make Geneva look better. Here is to wishful thinking!

The text you are quoting:
Yes, ok, I was crazy enough to leave for an extended week end and miss the great nights of debauchery Geneva has on offer! Anyway, I went to Strasbourg where it turns out evenings are even more tedious then in Geneva. Yes, it’s possible.

Examples of situations we encountered:

- Had to leave the hotel rooms by 9 the next morning, even when staying the next day in the same hotel.

- Heater on in the Hotel (sure I smelt some roasted chicken!)

- If a table was only half used we could not use those seats to sit down ourselves. And if two tables were put together they would be separated again in no time by the staff. Obviously the patrons of these institutions prefer there not to be any interaction between people!

- And we were unable to get into ANY club there. Not financial reasons or lack of places; but because they don t know us! “Sorry only regulars” was the answer we got anywhere we went.

So if you go to Strasbourg, which it must be said is an absolutely beautiful town, don’t expect to have a great time. Maybe by Catharsis it’ll make Geneva look better. Here is to wishful thinking!

munkypintSep 12, 2005 @ 14:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1259 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Geneva ain't THAT bad...
Post 1
Very amusing and puts things in a good perspective. Thanks Munkypint.

it's true if we go far enough and find the right comparison base, we may even conclude that Geneva's opening times are great!!!

But if we compare our lovely Geneva to other capitals, we end up looking not too good..(-:

But I still love Geneva.
Very amusing and puts things in a good perspective. Thanks Munkypint.

it's true if we go far enough and find the right comparison base, we may even conclude that Geneva's opening times are great!!!

But if we compare our lovely Geneva to other capitals, we end up looking not too good..(-:

But I still love Geneva.
Nir Ofek, Sep 13, 2005 @ 00:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Geneva ain't THAT bad...
Post 2
Don t mean to be fussy, but it ain t a capital, so can t compare it correctly with them. But its frustrating to go to some countries and even smaller towns are more animated. Just an annecdote about my weekend in Strasbourg.
Don t mean to be fussy, but it ain t a capital, so can t compare it correctly with them. But its frustrating to go to some countries and even smaller towns are more animated. Just an annecdote about my weekend in Strasbourg.
munkypint, Sep 13, 2005 @ 13:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1259 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form