Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Hairdresser Pain...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hairdresser Pain...
Warning: this can be considered as a stupid thread from all the male population of GOL - so if u belong to the cathegory don't read it.

I went to the hairdresser today - to revamp my haircut. It was cool and funky so it just needed to be revamped and shortened a bit.
First thing to say I DO speak french (not that good, but I manage with longer, shorter, in front on the back..) ... so I went in, and explained him what I wanted and how I wanted.
After 1h of terror while I was watching him cutting here and there shorter and shorter till the very limit (not shorter then ... doesn't mean - 1mm longer then!!!) ... I came out with something that is NOT what I wanted, and it's way to short to be changed in what I want anyway. It;s high manteinance and made me look like I came out of a Japanese Manga. Sorry but I needed to write down my frustration. Anyone with the same experience? do they do it on purpose cause they love seeing us suffering??
Argh - I am not going out for the next 2 months...
mangaVal
The text you are quoting:
Warning: this can be considered as a stupid thread from all the male population of GOL - so if u belong to the cathegory don't read it.

I went to the hairdresser today - to revamp my haircut. It was cool and funky so it just needed to be revamped and shortened a bit.
First thing to say I DO speak french (not that good, but I manage with longer, shorter, in front on the back..) ... so I went in, and explained him what I wanted and how I wanted.
After 1h of terror while I was watching him cutting here and there shorter and shorter till the very limit (not shorter then ... doesn't mean - 1mm longer then!!!) ... I came out with something that is NOT what I wanted, and it's way to short to be changed in what I want anyway. It;s high manteinance and made me look like I came out of a Japanese Manga. Sorry but I needed to write down my frustration. Anyone with the same experience? do they do it on purpose cause they love seeing us suffering??
Argh - I am not going out for the next 2 months...
mangaVal
HoilingFeb 13, 2006 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 1176 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hairdresser Pain...
Post 1
Honey, I know exactly how you feel. I tried 4 hairdressers here, each one obviously thought I was a sheep that needed shearing.... It was so bad that for 2 years after that I used to fly home to England to get it cut! Now, however, I have a fabulous hairdresser here in Geneva who is great and just makes me feel a million dollars whenever I go to see him! Let me know if you need his number!!!
It will grow back........eventually! Or...you could buy a wig!
Honey, I know exactly how you feel. I tried 4 hairdressers here, each one obviously thought I was a sheep that needed shearing.... It was so bad that for 2 years after that I used to fly home to England to get it cut! Now, however, I have a fabulous hairdresser here in Geneva who is great and just makes me feel a million dollars whenever I go to see him! Let me know if you need his number!!!
It will grow back........eventually! Or...you could buy a wig!
Serena, Feb 14, 2006 @ 00:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...after 2 years of trying to find a decent hairdresser here. I was starting to suspect there was a hairdresser conspiracy to make me look like that woman out of the movie "The Ring". Now I just get my haircut in London.
...after 2 years of trying to find a decent hairdresser here. I was starting to suspect there was a hairdresser conspiracy to make me look like that woman out of the movie "The Ring". Now I just get my haircut in London.
tweety, Feb 14, 2006 @ 01:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
ok, a guys expirience for a change. i hardly speak any french and i am so scared of getting a haircut here. i used to travel back and forth between geneva and d?sseldorf for quite a while so i got my hair cut there, but now that i am more or less permanent here in geneva i have to face it. i am postponing it further and further and in the meantime my hair is turning more and more into something not being able to describe.
my husband calls me yoko ono, taxidrivers are calling me madamme and i am close to suicide. wish me luck, i think i will have it done tomorrow.

Sark in beatles disguise
ok, a guys expirience for a change. i hardly speak any french and i am so scared of getting a haircut here. i used to travel back and forth between geneva and d?sseldorf for quite a while so i got my hair cut there, but now that i am more or less permanent here in geneva i have to face it. i am postponing it further and further and in the meantime my hair is turning more and more into something not being able to describe.
my husband calls me yoko ono, taxidrivers are calling me madamme and i am close to suicide. wish me luck, i think i will have it done tomorrow.

Sark in beatles disguise
Mister_Sark, Feb 14, 2006 @ 01:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
U did see me using ur electric thingy, didn't u??...
(hi hi hi ------------->evil chinese laugh)

LOL
U did see me using ur electric thingy, didn't u??...
(hi hi hi ------------->evil chinese laugh)

LOL
Phoebe, Feb 14, 2006 @ 02:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
2 people already saw me with the new hair cut and the comment where: U look more grown up (OHMEGOD) and ... they are ok (from a man. ... argh) ... I really think that hairdresser here are either forming a conspirancy or think that they are way too cool cause they speak french and they know better what's good for you.

They'll grow back - and I'll waste money in hair product in the meantime.

Val - never ever go to a hairdresser withtout a Picture!
2 people already saw me with the new hair cut and the comment where: U look more grown up (OHMEGOD) and ... they are ok (from a man. ... argh) ... I really think that hairdresser here are either forming a conspirancy or think that they are way too cool cause they speak french and they know better what's good for you.

They'll grow back - and I'll waste money in hair product in the meantime.

Val - never ever go to a hairdresser withtout a Picture!
Hoiling, Feb 14, 2006 @ 12:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
i don´t like the prison look that much. ;)
i don´t like the prison look that much. ;)
Mister_Sark, Feb 14, 2006 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Ulli, You are not alone, every time I come back from the hairdresser here, I am an object of ridicule in the office , for some reason they think it's cool to make me look like sonic the hedgehog! But I take comfort in the fact that it grows quickly. Actually I'm on the way there now, I've held out for another trip to the UK but it's not until Easter and I can't wait. I'll update on the result when I return.
Ulli, You are not alone, every time I come back from the hairdresser here, I am an object of ridicule in the office , for some reason they think it's cool to make me look like sonic the hedgehog! But I take comfort in the fact that it grows quickly. Actually I'm on the way there now, I've held out for another trip to the UK but it's not until Easter and I can't wait. I'll update on the result when I return.
britabroad, Feb 14, 2006 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Okay, So I've returned from the Hairdressers now, and I don't look like Sonic this time, instead I have a passing resemblance to a member of Kraftwerk (She got carried away with the Gel!!)
Okay, So I've returned from the Hairdressers now, and I don't look like Sonic this time, instead I have a passing resemblance to a member of Kraftwerk (She got carried away with the Gel!!)
britabroad, Feb 14, 2006 @ 16:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Cumbing my hair takes me... 0 second, and shaving, hum... 5 min a month ?
Cumbing my hair takes me... 0 second, and shaving, hum... 5 min a month ?
Hobbes, Feb 14, 2006 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
and u are just being jealous of our hair-problems here :)
But u are right, after a party your hair can never smell of smoke!!
Quite practical in the end.

Val
and u are just being jealous of our hair-problems here :)
But u are right, after a party your hair can never smell of smoke!!
Quite practical in the end.

Val
Hoiling, Feb 14, 2006 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
hmm kraftwerk, i remember them as always looking kind of weird, speaking of hair. i postponed it, again, and am now considering if i should wear my hair in a bun, a ponytail or a chignon twist.
hmm kraftwerk, i remember them as always looking kind of weird, speaking of hair. i postponed it, again, and am now considering if i should wear my hair in a bun, a ponytail or a chignon twist.
Mister_Sark, Feb 14, 2006 @ 18:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Some people will love it, I swear!
Some people will love it, I swear!
Hobbes, Feb 15, 2006 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
it's in your blood!!

Val
it's in your blood!!

Val
Hoiling, Feb 15, 2006 @ 13:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
i just came back from the hairdresser. her english was as limited as my french but eventually i walked out with a prim and proper hair cut.

i guess she was way to scared to f*** it up since i was aiming a silenced walther at her all the time.
i just came back from the hairdresser. her english was as limited as my french but eventually i walked out with a prim and proper hair cut.

i guess she was way to scared to f*** it up since i was aiming a silenced walther at her all the time.
Mister_Sark, Feb 16, 2006 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
15 Replies | 1176 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form