Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Help with OCPM- movement from on canton to another

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help with OCPM- movement from on canton to another

I just arrived in Switzerland on the 11th September for University in Geneva, because I could not find housing, I stayed with a family memeber in Vaud. Her address is what I used for my visa application as she wrote a letter that she will house me until i found housing in Geneva. Today I went to the OCPM as I have not recieved an appointment letter and was told that my authorisation was given in Lausanne so I have to register my entry (?)  in Lausanne apply for the residents permit there as well and then transfer to it to geneva (?- this what i roughly understood).

However I was told the residendence permit can come in months, by then my housing which I have found and my lease begins on the 6th of October will be available. Will I be allowed to move to the housing while waiting for my lausanne permit to make the transfer or is this illegal? Has anyone been in a similar situation? The only documents I have recieved is my authorisation letter.

The text you are quoting:

I just arrived in Switzerland on the 11th September for University in Geneva, because I could not find housing, I stayed with a family memeber in Vaud. Her address is what I used for my visa application as she wrote a letter that she will house me until i found housing in Geneva. Today I went to the OCPM as I have not recieved an appointment letter and was told that my authorisation was given in Lausanne so I have to register my entry (?)  in Lausanne apply for the residents permit there as well and then transfer to it to geneva (?- this what i roughly understood).

However I was told the residendence permit can come in months, by then my housing which I have found and my lease begins on the 6th of October will be available. Will I be allowed to move to the housing while waiting for my lausanne permit to make the transfer or is this illegal? Has anyone been in a similar situation? The only documents I have recieved is my authorisation letter.

Obaa Yaa YSep 17, 2020 @ 19:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 601 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 601 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form