Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Help with Swiss practical driving test

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help with Swiss practical driving test

Hi All,

I will be taking the Swiss practical driving test next week and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this.  Specifically:

- Where does the instructor typically take you to drive during the test?  I've heard Carouge is quite common.

- Does the instructor ask you any questions about the car, or about the driving code?

If anyone has any other tips that could help me pass please let me know. 

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

I will be taking the Swiss practical driving test next week and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this.  Specifically:

- Where does the instructor typically take you to drive during the test?  I've heard Carouge is quite common.

- Does the instructor ask you any questions about the car, or about the driving code?

If anyone has any other tips that could help me pass please let me know. 

Thanks!

Paul CJul 25, 2013 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 4716 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help with Swiss practical driving test
Post 1

Yes, Carouge, Champel, Perly are very common.

The examiner doesn't normally ask questions about the car. He will ask you to go left right or tell you to follow a certain direction and you should be able to follow the signs. 

My advise is to go to the office des automobiles and practice the different exists so you know the roads and signs. Be very careful with "priority to the right", pedestrian crossings and looking over your shoulders. You have to do RTI (rétroviseur-tête-indicateur) before changing directions in that order. Make a complete stop at stop signs, they really hate the rolling stops. 

Good luck and if you have more questions do ask!

Yes, Carouge, Champel, Perly are very common.

The examiner doesn't normally ask questions about the car. He will ask you to go left right or tell you to follow a certain direction and you should be able to follow the signs. 

My advise is to go to the office des automobiles and practice the different exists so you know the roads and signs. Be very careful with "priority to the right", pedestrian crossings and looking over your shoulders. You have to do RTI (rétroviseur-tête-indicateur) before changing directions in that order. Make a complete stop at stop signs, they really hate the rolling stops. 

Good luck and if you have more questions do ask!

Maurizio G, Jul 25, 2013 @ 20:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Maurizio - quote helpful post out there even though 5 years old. I got my licence exchange test in couple of days and now I am getting a bit stressed about it. 

Thanks Maurizio - quote helpful post out there even though 5 years old. I got my licence exchange test in couple of days and now I am getting a bit stressed about it. 

Rahul Jha, Aug 14, 2018 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I hope you passed. Do you have any feedback on your experience or tips for future drivers? Did you present yourself independantly for the practical test? or did you use a driving school car with an introduction by your driving instructor? Some say this makes a difference.

I hope you passed. Do you have any feedback on your experience or tips for future drivers? Did you present yourself independantly for the practical test? or did you use a driving school car with an introduction by your driving instructor? Some say this makes a difference.

Shirley T, Aug 18, 2018 @ 07:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

TCS in Meyrin is very good for driving lessons  and also they have instructors in English. 

TCS in Meyrin is very good for driving lessons  and also they have instructors in English. 

Dave G, Aug 18, 2018 @ 18:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 4716 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form