Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Hikes in and around Nyon

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hikes in and around Nyon

Recently moved to Nyon; enjoying discovering hikes in the region if anyone would care to join me/make suggestions. Cheers

The text you are quoting:

Recently moved to Nyon; enjoying discovering hikes in the region if anyone would care to join me/make suggestions. Cheers

ElizabethMH HSep 24, 2020 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 990 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hikes in and around Nyon
Post 1

hi Eliyabeth, i live in Geneva and i'm also interested in hiking in jura vaudois, next to Nyon, we could arrange it, i'm thinking to go to nature park, what do you think?

https://parcjuravaudois.ch/

greatings Kasia

hi Eliyabeth, i live in Geneva and i'm also interested in hiking in jura vaudois, next to Nyon, we could arrange it, i'm thinking to go to nature park, what do you think?

https://parcjuravaudois.ch/

greatings Kasia

Katarzyna Z, Sep 26, 2020 @ 12:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi both! I'm in Nyon and I'm always happy to go hiking or to do anything in the region! :-)

I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast because it's not looking too good for the weekend, but if it holds it'd be nice to organize something!

Hi both! I'm in Nyon and I'm always happy to go hiking or to do anything in the region! :-)

I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast because it's not looking too good for the weekend, but if it holds it'd be nice to organize something!

Irene C, Sep 28, 2020 @ 22:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello all, I would love to go hiking. Let me know when you are free to go. Thanks!

Hello all, I would love to go hiking. Let me know when you are free to go. Thanks!

Louise M, Sep 29, 2020 @ 07:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello, i'm very happy that here is a nice group of people who want to go explore the region. So last saturday i couldn't wait for company so i went alone on hike to St George Village, down in Nyon was raining and when i go up there was a nice chilly weather and sometimes sunny too. I did quite a nice hike of four hours, visiting forests, and villages near by. There is glacier to visit, so maybe next time with all of you :)

https://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/wanderland/services/places-of-interest/sehenswuerdigkeit-0161.html

Hello, i'm very happy that here is a nice group of people who want to go explore the region. So last saturday i couldn't wait for company so i went alone on hike to St George Village, down in Nyon was raining and when i go up there was a nice chilly weather and sometimes sunny too. I did quite a nice hike of four hours, visiting forests, and villages near by. There is glacier to visit, so maybe next time with all of you :)

https://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/wanderland/services/places-of-interest/sehenswuerdigkeit-0161.html

Katarzyna Z, Sep 29, 2020 @ 10:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Am assuming you want to do this with a small group of friends rather than joining a club.  I can give all sorts of suggestions in the area going up as far as the Jura plus links to maps which show the footpaths and difficulties.  But I would need to know your level of walking, how much up and down, how many hours, whether it is a jolly where you would want to buy a lunch or just take a picnic.  Rather than put this on glocals, send me an email to [email protected]

Am assuming you want to do this with a small group of friends rather than joining a club.  I can give all sorts of suggestions in the area going up as far as the Jura plus links to maps which show the footpaths and difficulties.  But I would need to know your level of walking, how much up and down, how many hours, whether it is a jolly where you would want to buy a lunch or just take a picnic.  Rather than put this on glocals, send me an email to [email protected]

Paul E, Sep 29, 2020 @ 10:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I'm, thinking just about relaxing hiking with no rush, enjoying the nature, not to make kilometers. But i'm open also for other suggestions. So i would ask about some nice paths for beginners :)

I'm, thinking just about relaxing hiking with no rush, enjoying the nature, not to make kilometers. But i'm open also for other suggestions. So i would ask about some nice paths for beginners :)

Katarzyna Z, Sep 29, 2020 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello Elisabeth,

There is a "Nyon making new friends group" on facebook  where you can post your ideas and to find like-minded people. Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236850971069649

I am also new in Nyon and looking for new friends. I like hiking a lot (easy to intermediate)

Hope to meet you soon!

Nat

Hello Elisabeth,

There is a "Nyon making new friends group" on facebook  where you can post your ideas and to find like-minded people. Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236850971069649

I am also new in Nyon and looking for new friends. I like hiking a lot (easy to intermediate)

Hope to meet you soon!

Nat

Nat S, Sep 29, 2020 @ 11:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I am interested in any other activities either if you organise other activities other than hiking. Thanks! Cool

I am interested in any other activities either if you organise other activities other than hiking. Thanks! Cool

Louise M, Sep 29, 2020 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

If you go on to this website it gets you to the map of Switzerland with all the marked footpaths on it.  By marked footpaths, these are the ones with the yellow signposts.  In the canton of Vaud for instance there are 3736 km of footpaths marked with yellow signposts of which 1538 are on hard surfaces (eg pavements/agricultural roads) and 547 moutain paths. Then in Geneva there are 340km and Fribourg 1844km - enough to be getting on with.  In the whole of Switzerland there are 66477km and there is a guy currently trying to walk them all.

But back to your question.  If you open the map in the link below you can see the paths marked in green or yellow.  You can also draw down all the bus stops etc.

There are easy walks in the vineyards If you go up as far as St Cergue you have the forest walks and beyond St Cergue it is forest and open areas.

https://www.schweizmobil.ch/fr/suisse-a-pied/plus-wl/reseau-de-chemins-de-randonnee-pedestre.html

If you go on to this website it gets you to the map of Switzerland with all the marked footpaths on it.  By marked footpaths, these are the ones with the yellow signposts.  In the canton of Vaud for instance there are 3736 km of footpaths marked with yellow signposts of which 1538 are on hard surfaces (eg pavements/agricultural roads) and 547 moutain paths. Then in Geneva there are 340km and Fribourg 1844km - enough to be getting on with.  In the whole of Switzerland there are 66477km and there is a guy currently trying to walk them all.

But back to your question.  If you open the map in the link below you can see the paths marked in green or yellow.  You can also draw down all the bus stops etc.

There are easy walks in the vineyards If you go up as far as St Cergue you have the forest walks and beyond St Cergue it is forest and open areas.

https://www.schweizmobil.ch/fr/suisse-a-pied/plus-wl/reseau-de-chemins-de-randonnee-pedestre.html

Paul E, Sep 29, 2020 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi, I would be interested in hiking around Nyon too if you organise something. I'm also looking at the moment at geneverando.ch (which is not limited to Geneva) though the majority of hikes there are either a little long or on weekdays.

Cycling could also be a possibility for the Nyon area, I'm more familiar with it in that way rather than hikes.

Hi, I would be interested in hiking around Nyon too if you organise something. I'm also looking at the moment at geneverando.ch (which is not limited to Geneva) though the majority of hikes there are either a little long or on weekdays.

Cycling could also be a possibility for the Nyon area, I'm more familiar with it in that way rather than hikes.

Francois F, Sep 29, 2020 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 990 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form