Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Holders of CDL / Ci moving to France possible?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Holders of CDL / Ci moving to France possible?

Hello,

I am a French citizen and I am soon going to be a holder of a CDL with a 2-year validity. My non-EU husband will have a Ci once he finds a job. He will soon become a French (through marriage) and I was wondering if then it would be possible for us to move to France and continue with our jobs in Geneva? Of course we would have no problem living in France as we would both be French by then, but in terms of the CDL / Ci, are these able to be transferred to border permits or would my husband lose his right to continue his Swiss job that he got as a result of me being a CDL holder living in Switzerland? Or would I lose that right too?

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Marie

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I am a French citizen and I am soon going to be a holder of a CDL with a 2-year validity. My non-EU husband will have a Ci once he finds a job. He will soon become a French (through marriage) and I was wondering if then it would be possible for us to move to France and continue with our jobs in Geneva? Of course we would have no problem living in France as we would both be French by then, but in terms of the CDL / Ci, are these able to be transferred to border permits or would my husband lose his right to continue his Swiss job that he got as a result of me being a CDL holder living in Switzerland? Or would I lose that right too?

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Marie

Marie QJul 27, 2019 @ 21:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 932 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Holders of CDL / Ci moving to France possible?
Post 1

The best answer would be coming from the Mission Suisse which is responsible for all CDL and Ci permit holders. However, from experience, I've seen that Ci work permits are always associated to a swiss address. If your husband wishes to work in an international organization, he would ten be getting his own CDL which would allow him you to work in Switzerland and live in France. But the Ci permit would limit you to live in Switzerland.

Hope it helps, and make sure these details are correct with the Mission Suisse in Geneva. Good luck !

The text you are quoting:

The best answer would be coming from the Mission Suisse which is responsible for all CDL and Ci permit holders. However, from experience, I've seen that Ci work permits are always associated to a swiss address. If your husband wishes to work in an international organization, he would ten be getting his own CDL which would allow him you to work in Switzerland and live in France. But the Ci permit would limit you to live in Switzerland.

Hope it helps, and make sure these details are correct with the Mission Suisse in Geneva. Good luck !

Clarice F, Jul 29, 2019 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 932 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form