Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > I don't get it. Where are you???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
I don't get it. Where are you???
When I look at the stats for this site, there are now over 260 members. BUT, while there are over 14000 views of the posts on these forae, there are only 562 posts. Those 562 posts are made mostly by a handful of people. Iolly has arranged two different meet-ups (personifying the point of Geneva on-line!) and at each there were maybe 15-20 people tops. AND yet, the number of people moaning about there being nothing to do and no one to do it with is probably half to two thirds of the people on here (just go back and re-read your own profile!). Someone else has done all the legwork and all you have to do is show-up and you don't. I've met some lovely people already from this site because all I did was show-up. And all I did was post. You don't even have to post something useful, just post!

I know that there are some really great people out there who I haven't met, yet, so start joining in! Take advantage of this great site. We didn't have to do anything for it; best way to say thank you is to exploit it and meet people and do stuff in Geneva.
The text you are quoting:
When I look at the stats for this site, there are now over 260 members. BUT, while there are over 14000 views of the posts on these forae, there are only 562 posts. Those 562 posts are made mostly by a handful of people. Iolly has arranged two different meet-ups (personifying the point of Geneva on-line!) and at each there were maybe 15-20 people tops. AND yet, the number of people moaning about there being nothing to do and no one to do it with is probably half to two thirds of the people on here (just go back and re-read your own profile!). Someone else has done all the legwork and all you have to do is show-up and you don't. I've met some lovely people already from this site because all I did was show-up. And all I did was post. You don't even have to post something useful, just post!

I know that there are some really great people out there who I haven't met, yet, so start joining in! Take advantage of this great site. We didn't have to do anything for it; best way to say thank you is to exploit it and meet people and do stuff in Geneva.
misskateSep 19, 2005 @ 17:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

14 Replies | 1379 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: I don't get it. Where are you???
Post 1
While reading ur posting, all kind of "excuses" / explanations were running through my head (like tough week schedule, charged evenings, not the best organisation), but at the end of the day - u r right!
While reading ur posting, all kind of "excuses" / explanations were running through my head (like tough week schedule, charged evenings, not the best organisation), but at the end of the day - u r right!
Lexy, Sep 19, 2005 @ 17:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I agree, many people never seem to post, just checked the members and loads have little to no messages to their name. Why the hassel (not much anyway)of signing up and not joining in on the forums?

Obviously others have nothing better to do and post very regularly. Go work you lazy bastards! LOL

Diversity is needed!
I agree, many people never seem to post, just checked the members and loads have little to no messages to their name. Why the hassel (not much anyway)of signing up and not joining in on the forums?

Obviously others have nothing better to do and post very regularly. Go work you lazy bastards! LOL

Diversity is needed!
munkypint, Sep 19, 2005 @ 18:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Great message from Misskate.

I am one of the guys who helped plan this site. i also agree with when Misskate and Lexy noted. We noticed it too: out of almost 300 members, there are maybe 30 who are very active, and the rest are there (so far) to watch.

We think it might take time until more people get involved. Some people are waiting to see how it works out on others before jumping in, some people are just shy, and some people like to find excuses (like Lexy...(-:

We are sure that with time, and as people see that this ACTUALLY WORKS, more and more people will get involved.

Great message from Misskate.

I am one of the guys who helped plan this site. i also agree with when Misskate and Lexy noted. We noticed it too: out of almost 300 members, there are maybe 30 who are very active, and the rest are there (so far) to watch.

We think it might take time until more people get involved. Some people are waiting to see how it works out on others before jumping in, some people are just shy, and some people like to find excuses (like Lexy...(-:

We are sure that with time, and as people see that this ACTUALLY WORKS, more and more people will get involved.

Nir Ofek, Sep 19, 2005 @ 18:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
...actually, the "excuses"-part was about "showing up" (not posting) cos for posting - no probs, Nir: i promise you will read from me ;-)
...actually, the "excuses"-part was about "showing up" (not posting) cos for posting - no probs, Nir: i promise you will read from me ;-)
Lexy, Sep 19, 2005 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Lexy, Sep 19, 2005 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
but you didn t need to post twice the same thing to prove your point!!
but you didn t need to post twice the same thing to prove your point!!
munkypint, Sep 19, 2005 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
sorry guys! my mistake!
sorry guys! my mistake!
Lexy, Sep 19, 2005 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
just don t do it again....
just don t do it again....
munkypint, Sep 19, 2005 @ 19:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
I think a general chat would help bring in some people to the forum....
I think a general chat would help bring in some people to the forum....
zenbrain, Sep 19, 2005 @ 19:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
I agree get them to be more interested in participating by pulicising the positives of the site. Additionally you could also bribe them into participating by saying we are talking behind their backs all the time lol
I agree get them to be more interested in participating by pulicising the positives of the site. Additionally you could also bribe them into participating by saying we are talking behind their backs all the time lol
munkypint, Sep 19, 2005 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Just posted this up in the feedback forum to ask if it was possible. Good thinking!
Just posted this up in the feedback forum to ask if it was possible. Good thinking!
misskate, Sep 19, 2005 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Another great idea from the think tank.

Its in the planning. In the meantime- take alot of photos so you have something to post when the gallery is added.

The Admin
Another great idea from the think tank.

Its in the planning. In the meantime- take alot of photos so you have something to post when the gallery is added.

The Admin
SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 20, 2005 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
14 Replies | 1379 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form