Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Internet shopping

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Internet shopping
The internet is great. Especially when shopping. It’s cheap… I like cheap. More money for fun :) But when a company like www.techmania.ch don’t deliver what they promise, what do you do then? I placed and pay the order over a month ago, and I still need my Graphic card. They won’t answer my e-mails and you can’t reach them by phone. What to do then? What are your possibilities in Switzerland? I never experienced any problems with internet shopping before. Did you? Let’s make a list, where not to shop.

Best regards
MartinX
The text you are quoting:
The internet is great. Especially when shopping. It’s cheap… I like cheap. More money for fun :) But when a company like www.techmania.ch don’t deliver what they promise, what do you do then? I placed and pay the order over a month ago, and I still need my Graphic card. They won’t answer my e-mails and you can’t reach them by phone. What to do then? What are your possibilities in Switzerland? I never experienced any problems with internet shopping before. Did you? Let’s make a list, where not to shop.

Best regards
MartinX

MartinXMar 17, 2006 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 973 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Internet shopping
Post 1
I don't know how this kind of stuff works here, but in the US you threaten to contact (or really do contact, if it gets to be terrible) the Better Business Bureau. In my experience, just the threat does the trick. Or maybe you can file a police report. That should get their attention. Keep all of your correspondence so you can prove that you've been trying!
I don't know how this kind of stuff works here, but in the US you threaten to contact (or really do contact, if it gets to be terrible) the Better Business Bureau. In my experience, just the threat does the trick. Or maybe you can file a police report. That should get their attention. Keep all of your correspondence so you can prove that you've been trying!
tiffany, Mar 17, 2006 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I'll try to call them on monday and see what happens. Is there any where in switzerland where you can file a complaint?
I'll try to call them on monday and see what happens. Is there any where in switzerland where you can file a complaint?
MartinX, Mar 17, 2006 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
The FRC has an ombudsman you can, and should, complain to.

But (any Swiss lawyers here please correct me) on a more practical "get a refund" level, perhaps you can send them a "bill" for the money they took from you, and if they don't pay it, within the 30 day period, you can then poursuite them for it.

There is a legal recourse for such things. Always!

And then you can tell us all not to shop there. :)
The FRC has an ombudsman you can, and should, complain to.

But (any Swiss lawyers here please correct me) on a more practical "get a refund" level, perhaps you can send them a "bill" for the money they took from you, and if they don't pay it, within the 30 day period, you can then poursuite them for it.

There is a legal recourse for such things. Always!

And then you can tell us all not to shop there. :)
Jennifer, Mar 19, 2006 @ 23:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
They have an ombudsman, which you can use for free, if you join (50 CHF per year) and they will tell you what to do. Else maybe there is some other agency in the local Geneva Government.

I think that the FRC is better though.
They have an ombudsman, which you can use for free, if you join (50 CHF per year) and they will tell you what to do. Else maybe there is some other agency in the local Geneva Government.

I think that the FRC is better though.
Jennifer, Mar 19, 2006 @ 23:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thanks for the help. They have now promised to transfer my money back!
- Martin
Thanks for the help. They have now promised to transfer my money back!
- Martin

MartinX, Mar 20, 2006 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
just call the credit card service center and ask to have a refund/credit and show proof that the product was : returned by you, not received yet billed, etc etc. Visa for example will return your money and handle the dealings with the faulty company.
just call the credit card service center and ask to have a refund/credit and show proof that the product was : returned by you, not received yet billed, etc etc. Visa for example will return your money and handle the dealings with the faulty company.

epicure, Mar 20, 2006 @ 19:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 973 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form