Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > It doesn't do what it says on the box... a Phonehouse rant

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
It doesn't do what it says on the box... a Phonehouse rant
An upfront admission, I did not read the fine print that Phonehouse doesn't accept returns or exchanges.

Also, if you don't want to read the whole thing, any tips or ideas for how to deal with a company that doesn't accept returns or exchanges would be appreciated. If you have a contact at Phonehouse who can help me, even better!

I have a phone. It's a good phone. It holds all my numbers, notes, bus times, mailing addresses, it has cool wallpaper, ringtones and screensavers. I can text or call from and to anywhere. It's a great phone. It even has a cute, little Swiss flag on the screen.

The one downside to my phone as some of my friends have discovered is that the keyboard lock is not great. I've gotten numerous calls from the friend at the top of the phone book, "Kate you're texting me again." Other friends have texted to let me know that I'm calling their house from my handbag. It's a pain. Not a huge one, but still it's inconvenient.

So, one friend said, "get a flip phone" I thought about it. And kind of put it off, 'cause my phone is a good phone. BUT, THEN! I saw the phone (also now known as piece of crap!) It was a flip phone or in "phonespeak" a clamshell. AND IT WAS PINK!!!!

So, I called swisscom mobile, no they only sell it on-line in silver or black. I went to swisscom (and for the first time ever was served in less than two minutes) and the guy said, "no, we only sell it in silver or black, but it's not that great a phone; we've had a lot of complaints about it, but if you want pink, you can go to PHONEHOUSE!"

Yeah, so 18h30, Tuesday night I'm at PHONEHOUSE. I got my pink phone and I took it home and charged it just like I was supposed to. Wednesday night, I took it off the charger and started playing with it, adding numbers, trying to figure out where I can add little notes to myself. Yeah, so the phonebook sucks. If I have multiple numbers per person, that person's name shows up in the list for each time I have a number for them. I used the alarm clock this morning, there's no snooze button, so you've got one chance to get out of bed AND the battery is already halfway down. What the hell!

It's supposed to have 7 hours of talk time and 230 hours of standby. It's half-way down after being off the charger for less than ten hours! What the hell!

So, I call into school, explain that I need to go run an errand and head off to Phonehouse. I stand in line. I stand in line, I look through the catalogue, find another Sony Ericsson that is a flip phone and ask if I can exchange it. She explains to me that unless it is a technical problem in which case I will be given the same damn phone, I have no hope of getting a new one. But, if I can wait until ten, I can talk to the technician. I leave 'cause I have to go to work. Not a happy bunny. I wanted to like the phone, I really did. I figured out how to change the language on it, I put in all the phone numbers, but it's a crap interface with a crap battery. There is no redemption for it, even if it is pink.

AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!! So, anyone have any suggestions or tips or ideas?

The text you are quoting:
An upfront admission, I did not read the fine print that Phonehouse doesn't accept returns or exchanges.

Also, if you don't want to read the whole thing, any tips or ideas for how to deal with a company that doesn't accept returns or exchanges would be appreciated. If you have a contact at Phonehouse who can help me, even better!

I have a phone. It's a good phone. It holds all my numbers, notes, bus times, mailing addresses, it has cool wallpaper, ringtones and screensavers. I can text or call from and to anywhere. It's a great phone. It even has a cute, little Swiss flag on the screen.

The one downside to my phone as some of my friends have discovered is that the keyboard lock is not great. I've gotten numerous calls from the friend at the top of the phone book, "Kate you're texting me again." Other friends have texted to let me know that I'm calling their house from my handbag. It's a pain. Not a huge one, but still it's inconvenient.

So, one friend said, "get a flip phone" I thought about it. And kind of put it off, 'cause my phone is a good phone. BUT, THEN! I saw the phone (also now known as piece of crap!) It was a flip phone or in "phonespeak" a clamshell. AND IT WAS PINK!!!!

So, I called swisscom mobile, no they only sell it on-line in silver or black. I went to swisscom (and for the first time ever was served in less than two minutes) and the guy said, "no, we only sell it in silver or black, but it's not that great a phone; we've had a lot of complaints about it, but if you want pink, you can go to PHONEHOUSE!"

Yeah, so 18h30, Tuesday night I'm at PHONEHOUSE. I got my pink phone and I took it home and charged it just like I was supposed to. Wednesday night, I took it off the charger and started playing with it, adding numbers, trying to figure out where I can add little notes to myself. Yeah, so the phonebook sucks. If I have multiple numbers per person, that person's name shows up in the list for each time I have a number for them. I used the alarm clock this morning, there's no snooze button, so you've got one chance to get out of bed AND the battery is already halfway down. What the hell!

It's supposed to have 7 hours of talk time and 230 hours of standby. It's half-way down after being off the charger for less than ten hours! What the hell!

So, I call into school, explain that I need to go run an errand and head off to Phonehouse. I stand in line. I stand in line, I look through the catalogue, find another Sony Ericsson that is a flip phone and ask if I can exchange it. She explains to me that unless it is a technical problem in which case I will be given the same damn phone, I have no hope of getting a new one. But, if I can wait until ten, I can talk to the technician. I leave 'cause I have to go to work. Not a happy bunny. I wanted to like the phone, I really did. I figured out how to change the language on it, I put in all the phone numbers, but it's a crap interface with a crap battery. There is no redemption for it, even if it is pink.

AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!! So, anyone have any suggestions or tips or ideas?

misskateDec 1, 2005 @ 12:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1387 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: It doesn't do what it says on the box... a Phonehouse rant
Post 1
Federation Romande des consommateurs.

Many countries have a consumer law giving the right to return a product up to 3 days. I am not sure if in switzerland is like that, but you might want to check with them.
Federation Romande des consommateurs.

Many countries have a consumer law giving the right to return a product up to 3 days. I am not sure if in switzerland is like that, but you might want to check with them.
zenbrain, Dec 1, 2005 @ 13:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
you can return a product within 14 days without giving a reason.
when i bought my powerbook at fnac here in geneva, they said that i could return it within the next 14 days if i am not satisfied. but i have no clue what the regulations by law are.
you can return a product within 14 days without giving a reason.
when i bought my powerbook at fnac here in geneva, they said that i could return it within the next 14 days if i am not satisfied. but i have no clue what the regulations by law are.
Mister_Sark, Dec 1, 2005 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Apparently consumers have no rights here. I looked at the website you gave me, I looked at a cantonal website which was even more disheartening and then I went back to Phone House.
The guy gave me a new battery and pink "think pink" bracelet.
So, anyone want to buy V3 Razr in Pink? I got one still in the box!

I'm so irritated with me. Blech, I'm sure I'll get over this in a day or two.
Apparently consumers have no rights here. I looked at the website you gave me, I looked at a cantonal website which was even more disheartening and then I went back to Phone House.
The guy gave me a new battery and pink "think pink" bracelet.
So, anyone want to buy V3 Razr in Pink? I got one still in the box!

I'm so irritated with me. Blech, I'm sure I'll get over this in a day or two.
misskate, Dec 1, 2005 @ 19:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
No kidding... are you really selling it? How much would you ask for it?
No kidding... are you really selling it? How much would you ask for it?
afrochick, Dec 2, 2005 @ 19:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1387 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form