Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Keys Copied in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Keys Copied in Geneva?

Where can I get my keys copied in Geneva?

The text you are quoting:

Where can I get my keys copied in Geneva?

Jill GJun 8, 2010 @ 00:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 5762 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Keys Copied in Geneva?
Post 1

Hi, not all keys can be copied, check if your key isn't numbered. Depending in which part of the city you live or work,  you can go to any "cordonier". I know a nice little man on Rue de Villereuse 1, "Cordonerie Rosa Adélio". He cut keyes, repairs shoes and leather bags etc... A nice man!

Hi, not all keys can be copied, check if your key isn't numbered. Depending in which part of the city you live or work,  you can go to any "cordonier". I know a nice little man on Rue de Villereuse 1, "Cordonerie Rosa Adélio". He cut keyes, repairs shoes and leather bags etc... A nice man!

Raphy, Jun 8, 2010 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Raphy,

Is there any way t get a key copied if it does have a number on it? I'm guessing I'll have to go to the land lord, but any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Raphy,

Is there any way t get a key copied if it does have a number on it? I'm guessing I'll have to go to the land lord, but any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Kirsten Martin, Mar 26, 2014 @ 21:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There are key cutters everywhere but depends where you live

There are key cutters everywhere but depends where you live

Paul E, Mar 26, 2014 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

If you want a duplicate of a coded key, you need to have a letter from your Régie and then go to an accredited locksmith and pay a fixed price. 

In the case of a private rental, contact the landlord.

For non-coded keys, you can go to any shoe repair shop including the many “Mister Minute” outlets all over town.

Best, R.

If you want a duplicate of a coded key, you need to have a letter from your Régie and then go to an accredited locksmith and pay a fixed price. 

In the case of a private rental, contact the landlord.

For non-coded keys, you can go to any shoe repair shop including the many “Mister Minute” outlets all over town.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Mar 26, 2014 @ 23:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Anyone know how much to copy a non coded key in Geneva? (compared to getting it done in France?)

Cheers

Chris

Anyone know how much to copy a non coded key in Geneva? (compared to getting it done in France?)

Cheers

Chris

Chris Barker, Sep 1, 2016 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Cheers

Chris

Sep 1, 16 09:49

The tariff varies according to the type of key.  I paid 30 francs on one occasion but I did get the key immediately.

Why not ask at a shoe repair shop and then go to a “Mister Minute” to compare prices.

The tariff varies according to the type of key.  I paid 30 francs on one occasion but I did get the key immediately.

Why not ask at a shoe repair shop and then go to a “Mister Minute” to compare prices.

Ritchie, Sep 1, 2016 @ 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

For numbered keys, the price for a duplicate really is your smallest problem. According to my exerience, indeed  no key cutter in switzerland will copy numbered keys without authorization letter from the regie, as richie pointed out.  I took my keys to germany where i had copies made without any problems (not entirely legal on my part, obviously).

For numbered keys, the price for a duplicate really is your smallest problem. According to my exerience, indeed  no key cutter in switzerland will copy numbered keys without authorization letter from the regie, as richie pointed out.  I took my keys to germany where i had copies made without any problems (not entirely legal on my part, obviously).

giselina, Sep 1, 2016 @ 18:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Sep 1, 16 18:09

It would be good to know if anyone has successfully used  Giselina’s solution in nearby France.

Thanks for any input.

R.

It would be good to know if anyone has successfully used  Giselina’s solution in nearby France.

Thanks for any input.

R.

Ritchie, Sep 1, 2016 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Ok  went to mr minit in Blandonnet, Geneva and for a simple , non coded key copy they charge CHF20. Needless to say I'll be checking across the border as this is a ridiculous price for a 30 second job. 

Ok  went to mr minit in Blandonnet, Geneva and for a simple , non coded key copy they charge CHF20. Needless to say I'll be checking across the border as this is a ridiculous price for a 30 second job. 

Chris Barker, Sep 1, 2016 @ 22:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

At Carrefour in Segny they do it for 6EUR

tawb, Sep 2, 2016 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Coded keys .. Well they "should not" be copied without authorisation .. But I've had it done twice now, once for each place i've lived. I just wanted a spare in case of loss, rather than losing it then have to tell the regie and potentially pay for new locks for the building :)

Go in, ask, if they say no, go somewhere else.. I had it done in the first place i tried.

Coded keys .. Well they "should not" be copied without authorisation .. But I've had it done twice now, once for each place i've lived. I just wanted a spare in case of loss, rather than losing it then have to tell the regie and potentially pay for new locks for the building :)

Go in, ask, if they say no, go somewhere else.. I had it done in the first place i tried.

John H, Sep 2, 2016 @ 11:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Sep 2, 16 11:23

Just as an update, and to confirm, the cordonniere at this Carrefour is still in operation. I had my "normal" keys copied for 7EUR each; I chose not to have my "special" front door key copied, as it was a few EUR more and the digicode will do for that.

Just as an update, and to confirm, the cordonniere at this Carrefour is still in operation. I had my "normal" keys copied for 7EUR each; I chose not to have my "special" front door key copied, as it was a few EUR more and the digicode will do for that.

Claire F, Mar 15, 2023 @ 10:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 5762 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form