Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Lebara and Intrum justitia

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Lebara and Intrum justitia

Hello, 

I hope someone can advise me, I have just received a bill for over 700CHF from Intrum supposedly for a Lebara SIM card. 

I have not requested or received a SIM card or any prior correspondence, Lebara customer services and Lebara complaints claim they cannot (won't more like) withdraw this claim. 

I don't know what to do and don't want to get into a bad situation in Geneva, 

Please can anyone suggest what to do? 

Thank you 

The text you are quoting:

Hello, 

I hope someone can advise me, I have just received a bill for over 700CHF from Intrum supposedly for a Lebara SIM card. 

I have not requested or received a SIM card or any prior correspondence, Lebara customer services and Lebara complaints claim they cannot (won't more like) withdraw this claim. 

I don't know what to do and don't want to get into a bad situation in Geneva, 

Please can anyone suggest what to do? 

Thank you 

Rachael EJul 1, 2020 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 708 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Lebara and Intrum justitia
Post 1

If you have not requested a SIM card, how do they have your contact details? Are you sure this is not a scam?

If you have not requested a SIM card, how do they have your contact details? Are you sure this is not a scam?

monica m, Jul 1, 2020 @ 16:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Lebara confirmed on the phone they had sent a SIM card, and said I should have cancelled it, but I told them I can't cancel something if I don't know it exists ..? 

Frustrating

Lebara confirmed on the phone they had sent a SIM card, and said I should have cancelled it, but I told them I can't cancel something if I don't know it exists ..? 

Frustrating

Rachael E, Jul 1, 2020 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I suggest that you go to a Permanence juridique asap.

All the best, R.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Jul 1, 2020 @ 17:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

my point is that Lebara does not send SIM cards randomly, if they have your details you must have orderd a card and then maybe you  changed your mind?

how do they have your contac details otherwise?

my point is that Lebara does not send SIM cards randomly, if they have your details you must have orderd a card and then maybe you  changed your mind?

how do they have your contac details otherwise?

monica m, Jul 1, 2020 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I have a pre-paid phone with them, that I have used since I arrived. I have not requested a new one

I have a pre-paid phone with them, that I have used since I arrived. I have not requested a new one

Rachael E, Jul 1, 2020 @ 17:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

All the best, R.

Jul 1, 20 17:06

Thank you, I will try them 

Thank you, I will try them 

Rachael E, Jul 1, 2020 @ 17:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

> if they have your details you must have orderd a card and then maybe you  changed your mind? how do they have your contac details otherwise?

I find hard to believe that you ordered a SIM and then forgot about that...

Not to alarm you, but it is possible that this is a case of identity theft and someone ordered a SIM (and is using it) on your behalf. Ritchie's advice is spot on, go to a permanence juridique (or call your assurance juridique -- you should have one!) ASAP.

I would also push Lebara to give all the info about the SIM (phone number, date of emission, numbers called etc.) since they claim it's in your name. This should clarify the situation a bit. Please keep us posted on how this problem is going. 

> if they have your details you must have orderd a card and then maybe you  changed your mind? how do they have your contac details otherwise?

I find hard to believe that you ordered a SIM and then forgot about that...

Not to alarm you, but it is possible that this is a case of identity theft and someone ordered a SIM (and is using it) on your behalf. Ritchie's advice is spot on, go to a permanence juridique (or call your assurance juridique -- you should have one!) ASAP.

I would also push Lebara to give all the info about the SIM (phone number, date of emission, numbers called etc.) since they claim it's in your name. This should clarify the situation a bit. Please keep us posted on how this problem is going. 

TheOmegaMan, Jul 2, 2020 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Rachael,

I also suggest you go ASAP to the permanence juridique. OmegaMan has a point about identity theft. Have you had your ID card or ppt stolen recently? THey could've used that to have your details and somehow find your address to send the card to. That happened to me 10 years ago and thankfully I had entered a police claim. Few months later I started getting bills for several thousands francs worth of merch from Manor GLobus etc. THey had just sent a copy of my ID card with the credit card application etc. So get somebody legal on this so you have things in hand.

Good luck!

Hi Rachael,

I also suggest you go ASAP to the permanence juridique. OmegaMan has a point about identity theft. Have you had your ID card or ppt stolen recently? THey could've used that to have your details and somehow find your address to send the card to. That happened to me 10 years ago and thankfully I had entered a police claim. Few months later I started getting bills for several thousands francs worth of merch from Manor GLobus etc. THey had just sent a copy of my ID card with the credit card application etc. So get somebody legal on this so you have things in hand.

Good luck!

Tina B, Jul 2, 2020 @ 11:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 708 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form