Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Local (Geneva) Furniture Repair Shop?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Local (Geneva) Furniture Repair Shop?

Long story short - a bunch of our furniture was damaged in transit (container from NYC to Switzerland). To make an insurance claim, the insurance company is asking us to submit a quote/estimate for repairs.

Anyone know a company/person that would be able to provide something of this sort for us?

Preferrably in/around Geneva

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Long story short - a bunch of our furniture was damaged in transit (container from NYC to Switzerland). To make an insurance claim, the insurance company is asking us to submit a quote/estimate for repairs.

Anyone know a company/person that would be able to provide something of this sort for us?

Preferrably in/around Geneva

Thank you!

CH KAug 11, 2014 @ 19:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 2684 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Local (Geneva) Furniture Repair Shop?
Post 1

Hi Kim

Did you find a furniture repair company to provide you with repair quotes for your insurance claim?  I am now in the same situation with my removal company Pickfords who strapped ropes so tightly around all my wooden tables!

Many thanks

Hi Kim

Did you find a furniture repair company to provide you with repair quotes for your insurance claim?  I am now in the same situation with my removal company Pickfords who strapped ropes so tightly around all my wooden tables!

Many thanks

Charlotte H, Nov 17, 2014 @ 10:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Kim

Many thanks

Nov 17, 14 10:31

Charlotte,

Unfortunately I have not, and have almost given up on the situation. However, if you find something could you please let us know?

Thanks!

Charlotte,

Unfortunately I have not, and have almost given up on the situation. However, if you find something could you please let us know?

Thanks!

CH K, Nov 17, 2014 @ 11:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There is a man in Geneva called Bachmann [I think he may be called Christophe but am no longer sure]. You might be able to find his name and number in the Geneva telephone book. He is a private restorer of furniture - or he was when we moved to the area 7 years ago. However, he is very busy, but it is always worth a try. Good luck to you both. If nothing comes of the above, contact me again please and I will try to find a qualified restorer here in France who might be willing to travel the 45 kms to Geneva.

There is a man in Geneva called Bachmann [I think he may be called Christophe but am no longer sure]. You might be able to find his name and number in the Geneva telephone book. He is a private restorer of furniture - or he was when we moved to the area 7 years ago. However, he is very busy, but it is always worth a try. Good luck to you both. If nothing comes of the above, contact me again please and I will try to find a qualified restorer here in France who might be willing to travel the 45 kms to Geneva.

sheila c, Nov 17, 2014 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Sheila,

Thanks for the reply. Problem is unless Mr. Bachman is willing to give me/my insurance company a formal estimate/quote, it will not be accepted. I've found a few individuals who appear to restore furniture as a hobby/side job, but none that are willing to provide a written estimate.

Sheila,

Thanks for the reply. Problem is unless Mr. Bachman is willing to give me/my insurance company a formal estimate/quote, it will not be accepted. I've found a few individuals who appear to restore furniture as a hobby/side job, but none that are willing to provide a written estimate.

CH K, Nov 17, 2014 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Sheila,

Nov 17, 14 13:55

Well our's was an insurance claim too, so you could always try him

Well our's was an insurance claim too, so you could always try him

sheila c, Nov 17, 2014 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Sheila,

Nov 17, 14 13:55

You should contact

Jean-Pierre BACHMANN in Versoix at 022 7551283 

He is a well-known furniture restauration master craftsman and he is usually called by removalists for such damages.

He must be the person you are looking for.

You should contact

He is a well-known furniture restauration master craftsman and he is usually called by removalists for such damages.

alfi K, Nov 18, 2014 @ 10:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

You should contact

Nov 18, 14 10:08

Yes, He must be the one.

Many thanks for that - he's the person whom I meant.

Good one Alfi

Yes, He must be the one.

Many thanks for that - he's the person whom I meant.

Good one Alfi

sheila c, Nov 18, 2014 @ 10:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks everyone,

Does he speak English by any chance?

Desole, je parle pas bien français...

Thanks everyone,

Does he speak English by any chance?

Desole, je parle pas bien français...

CH K, Nov 19, 2014 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

saw a few furniture restoration stalls at the Saturday Market in Ferney Voltaire - not sure if they do what it is you are asking though - looked more like just new covers etc on chairs and the likes, but professional to a degree.

saw a few furniture restoration stalls at the Saturday Market in Ferney Voltaire - not sure if they do what it is you are asking though - looked more like just new covers etc on chairs and the likes, but professional to a degree.

Lez Levick, Nov 19, 2014 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

You need to look for an ébéniste.  a quick search in google and I came up with many of them.  Not sure if they speak English though.

Here is a link to a list of them.

http://www.les-ebenistes.ch/1200/25/list.htm

You need to look for an ébéniste.  a quick search in google and I came up with many of them.  Not sure if they speak English though.

Jonathan S, Nov 19, 2014 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Nov 19, 14 15:02

Hi Kim, Charlotte, Jonathan

I saw this thread. I offer furniture repair services alongisde our custom furniture & fitted cupboard builds. I enclose a link to my website & Facebook page so you can see broadly the kind of work I do:

http://www.wood-house.ch/

https://www.facebook.com/WoodhouseCarpentry

Feel free to email me at sam(at)wood-house(dot)ch or message me though Glocals if you would like me to visit & provide a quote. I live in St Jean, Geneva and the workshop is in Vernier.

Regards

Sam

Hi Kim, Charlotte, Jonathan

I saw this thread. I offer furniture repair services alongisde our custom furniture & fitted cupboard builds. I enclose a link to my website & Facebook page so you can see broadly the kind of work I do:

http://www.wood-house.ch/

https://www.facebook.com/WoodhouseCarpentry

Feel free to email me at sam(at)wood-house(dot)ch or message me though Glocals if you would like me to visit & provide a quote. I live in St Jean, Geneva and the workshop is in Vernier.

Regards

Sam

SamW, Nov 29, 2014 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi Sam,

I saw your response on this thread and have a similar request. If I send you the photographs of the damage — could you possibly give me your quotation for a repair work? Thanks a lot, Diya

Hi Sam,

I saw your response on this thread and have a similar request. If I send you the photographs of the damage — could you possibly give me your quotation for a repair work? Thanks a lot, Diya

Diya Banerjee, Jun 6, 2019 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 2684 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form