Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Looking for advice - moved to a different canton without deregistering....

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for advice - moved to a different canton without deregistering....

Hello.

First of all apologies for this being my first post, but I am stressing out and would really appreciate someone's advice until I hear back officially. 

I moved to Zug last week with my new apartment lease starting on the 6th Jan. My Geneva apartment lease ended on the 8th Jan, and since then I have now moved and don't intend to go back to Geneva. 

However, I realised that is has been completely my mistake to not send off for the Geneva deregistration process. As soon as I realised my mistake I sent off immediately all my documents and forms to the Geneva offices on 7th Jan with written explanations apologising for the delay, and then also went to the Zug immigration office to register. They said they could not do anything until Geneva has confirmed my deregistration, however they took my permit and all my documents and said that they will just automatically post my new one once it's complete.

My question is - what will happen considering I was meant to do this 2 weeks before leaving Geneva and I have now effectively already left? And also the Geneva tax deregistration file says to only be handed in person.... In my letters I explained my personal situation to why I am delayed. However, I am very much worried that the tax form will 100% needed to be handed in person, which means that the deregistration can't be done until that happens, which therefore means I cannot be registered in Zug either. Especially considering the Zug office now holds my permit.

I am very aware of the 14 days deadline to register in a new canton, so have preemptively sent a letter to the Zug office offering my apologies and an explanation of the delay.

Of course, I admit this is completely my fault so will save the personal reasons/excuses, I simply am just wanting to know what actually happens now? As there seems to be very little info on this circumstance online, although I am sure I am not the first person to do it.

Thanks again,

The text you are quoting:

Hello.

First of all apologies for this being my first post, but I am stressing out and would really appreciate someone's advice until I hear back officially. 

I moved to Zug last week with my new apartment lease starting on the 6th Jan. My Geneva apartment lease ended on the 8th Jan, and since then I have now moved and don't intend to go back to Geneva. 

However, I realised that is has been completely my mistake to not send off for the Geneva deregistration process. As soon as I realised my mistake I sent off immediately all my documents and forms to the Geneva offices on 7th Jan with written explanations apologising for the delay, and then also went to the Zug immigration office to register. They said they could not do anything until Geneva has confirmed my deregistration, however they took my permit and all my documents and said that they will just automatically post my new one once it's complete.

My question is - what will happen considering I was meant to do this 2 weeks before leaving Geneva and I have now effectively already left? And also the Geneva tax deregistration file says to only be handed in person.... In my letters I explained my personal situation to why I am delayed. However, I am very much worried that the tax form will 100% needed to be handed in person, which means that the deregistration can't be done until that happens, which therefore means I cannot be registered in Zug either. Especially considering the Zug office now holds my permit.

I am very aware of the 14 days deadline to register in a new canton, so have preemptively sent a letter to the Zug office offering my apologies and an explanation of the delay.

Of course, I admit this is completely my fault so will save the personal reasons/excuses, I simply am just wanting to know what actually happens now? As there seems to be very little info on this circumstance online, although I am sure I am not the first person to do it.

Thanks again,

Elliot FJan 11, 2020 @ 12:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 556 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 556 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form