Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Looking for long term parking space- Champel area

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for long term parking space- Champel area

Hi,

We are looking for a long term parking space (to be used for a year) in the Champel area. We have approached the local regies, but unfortuantely there doesnt seem to be one. Any ideas or recommendations?

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

We are looking for a long term parking space (to be used for a year) in the Champel area. We have approached the local regies, but unfortuantely there doesnt seem to be one. Any ideas or recommendations?

Nikhil BadheMay 11, 2020 @ 13:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 693 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for long term parking space- Champel area
Post 1

Well,, a good start would be an advertisement in the Classifieds where you will also be able to browse the   latest offers every day.

Good luck!

R.

Well,, a good start would be an advertisement in the Classifieds where you will also be able to browse the   latest offers every day.

Good luck!

R.

Ritchie, May 11, 2020 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

great thanks will give it a go

great thanks will give it a go

Nikhil Badhe, May 11, 2020 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I think you will find it dicfficult. I am renting one out in Champel at cost price 130 per month and I have a waiting list.  The current user has been renting it for four years. There is a garage on avenue de Miremont obiously more expensive and you could also drop notes into the letter boxes in convenient blocks of flats.  When I rented my space out I dropped notes through the letter boxes of my block.  To continue being totally unhelpful I do not think there is any free parking anywhere near Champel.  There is Bout du Monde and Plateau de Vessy but there could be overnight restrictions and any way not sure I would want to leafve my car there overnight.  Have j ust thought a bit more.  Why do you not get a macaron from the parking authorities - cheaper than a garage space.  It is not clear if you are here for a year with a car or you are going away for a year and leaving a caqr here.  If the later you need a garage parking space were they will runn the engine for a while every month to keep the battery charged

I think you will find it dicfficult. I am renting one out in Champel at cost price 130 per month and I have a waiting list.  The current user has been renting it for four years. There is a garage on avenue de Miremont obiously more expensive and you could also drop notes into the letter boxes in convenient blocks of flats.  When I rented my space out I dropped notes through the letter boxes of my block.  To continue being totally unhelpful I do not think there is any free parking anywhere near Champel.  There is Bout du Monde and Plateau de Vessy but there could be overnight restrictions and any way not sure I would want to leafve my car there overnight.  Have j ust thought a bit more.  Why do you not get a macaron from the parking authorities - cheaper than a garage space.  It is not clear if you are here for a year with a car or you are going away for a year and leaving a caqr here.  If the later you need a garage parking space were they will runn the engine for a while every month to keep the battery charged

Paul E, May 11, 2020 @ 17:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

maybe on anibis.ch or other similar websites?

You can also check the websites of regies or go to their front desk. 

I don't know about Champel, but in other parts of the city, there are many vacant parking spaces in modern buildings.

maybe on anibis.ch or other similar websites?

You can also check the websites of regies or go to their front desk. 

I don't know about Champel, but in other parts of the city, there are many vacant parking spaces in modern buildings.

Alexandre P, May 11, 2020 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thansk Paul. We live in Champel and already have one with the macaron. It works, but am looking for something more convienent (otherwise you have to keep circling around- sometimes for awhile). 

Thansk Paul. We live in Champel and already have one with the macaron. It works, but am looking for something more convienent (otherwise you have to keep circling around- sometimes for awhile). 

Nikhil Badhe, May 11, 2020 @ 17:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

You can google something like champel parking box: first entry: homegate.ch

You can google something like champel parking box: first entry: homegate.ch

Casuistik, May 11, 2020 @ 18:22