Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Mobile data with wi-fi hotspot / Tethering

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Mobile data with wi-fi hotspot / Tethering

Dear all,

I'm moving to Geneva next week, and won't have an option for a landline internet for at least 6-8 weeks. So I'm looking for mobile data plans, with the option that I can use my phone as a wi-fi hotspot to connect my laptop as well.

Providers such as Lycamobile and Sunrise do have decent data plans, but I'm not sure if they block wifi hotspots / tethering. Does anybody have experience with that? If somebody has a mobile data plan and could test the wifi hotspot option then that would be nice too.

Very best wishes,

Stan.

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

I'm moving to Geneva next week, and won't have an option for a landline internet for at least 6-8 weeks. So I'm looking for mobile data plans, with the option that I can use my phone as a wi-fi hotspot to connect my laptop as well.

Providers such as Lycamobile and Sunrise do have decent data plans, but I'm not sure if they block wifi hotspots / tethering. Does anybody have experience with that? If somebody has a mobile data plan and could test the wifi hotspot option then that would be nice too.

Very best wishes,

Stan.

Stanislav SchmidtMar 7, 2019 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1638 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Mobile data with wi-fi hotspot / Tethering
Post 1

Lyca blocks tehering, at least in prepaid.

Maybe yallo is better...

Lyca blocks tehering, at least in prepaid.

Maybe yallo is better...

Kris R, Mar 7, 2019 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Mobile data with wi-fi hotspot / Tethering
Post 2

You might wanna try Swisscom.. I rented a dongle from them during a house move before, wi-fi hotspot type thing ..

I can't remeber the price and it was a couple of years ago.. but I got the little device with SIM installed, rented it for 3 weeks or so, all data was included and it even came with a pre-paid envelope to return it. Very convenient.

It was from the branch just off Rue de Rive, up a few steps, near confederation center. .Rue de Marche?

You might wanna try Swisscom.. I rented a dongle from them during a house move before, wi-fi hotspot type thing ..

I can't remeber the price and it was a couple of years ago.. but I got the little device with SIM installed, rented it for 3 weeks or so, all data was included and it even came with a pre-paid envelope to return it. Very convenient.

It was from the branch just off Rue de Rive, up a few steps, near confederation center. .Rue de Marche?

John H, Mar 7, 2019 @ 20:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1638 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form