Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Mobility car-sharing?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Mobility car-sharing?
Does anyone have personal experience using he car-sharing services offered on mobility.ch? A friend and I were recommended their services, but we were wondering how well it works .

Thanks!
Ann-Marie
The text you are quoting:
Does anyone have personal experience using he car-sharing services offered on mobility.ch? A friend and I were recommended their services, but we were wondering how well it works .

Thanks!
Ann-Marie
amsevFeb 15, 2006 @ 13:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1040 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Mobility car-sharing?
Post 1
A friend of mine used it quite frequently and loved it. I signed up for the four month trial, didn't use it once. Check the prices of mileage carefully, plus the hourly charge for the car that you would like to use. I think it's a phenomenal idea, but I'm not sure they have enough cars. At least, in Eaux Vives I had the problem that you had to book pretty far in advance. No spur of the moment driving allowed!
A friend of mine used it quite frequently and loved it. I signed up for the four month trial, didn't use it once. Check the prices of mileage carefully, plus the hourly charge for the car that you would like to use. I think it's a phenomenal idea, but I'm not sure they have enough cars. At least, in Eaux Vives I had the problem that you had to book pretty far in advance. No spur of the moment driving allowed!

misskate, Feb 15, 2006 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
when you first arrive and just need a car every now and again to do a large shop or to visit friends who live where there is no public transport etc. At least that's how I used it when I first got here before I got my own. I definitely agree with misskate re checking the mileage though. It's NOT economical for long distances and if you want to have a car near you, you DO need to book in advance. However, they have a lot of cars at the station and usually at least one of those is free at the last minute. It's also handy if you travel to other towns by train and then just want the use of a car while you there.
when you first arrive and just need a car every now and again to do a large shop or to visit friends who live where there is no public transport etc. At least that's how I used it when I first got here before I got my own. I definitely agree with misskate re checking the mileage though. It's NOT economical for long distances and if you want to have a car near you, you DO need to book in advance. However, they have a lot of cars at the station and usually at least one of those is free at the last minute. It's also handy if you travel to other towns by train and then just want the use of a car while you there.
lentil, Feb 16, 2006 @ 01:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Yes - the comments above are spot on - it can be really useful, but long journeys might start to hurt the pocket. I have not had a problem getting a car at the last moment (maybe not at the closest pickup point though). Another possible benefit - you can go to another city by train without hassle and be able to pick up a car when you arrive if you need it.
Yes - the comments above are spot on - it can be really useful, but long journeys might start to hurt the pocket. I have not had a problem getting a car at the last moment (maybe not at the closest pickup point though). Another possible benefit - you can go to another city by train without hassle and be able to pick up a car when you arrive if you need it.

Richard, Feb 16, 2006 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I know how you feel, you have to be really organized to know when exaclty you need a car...and I'm just not like that...so that wouldn't work for me. It's the same thing renting a car. But...I was wanting to buy a car, but I really haven't gotten around to it..I don't know much about cars, although I'd love to be one of those cool chics who can change tires and look at the engine and know what its all about...
I know how you feel, you have to be really organized to know when exaclty you need a car...and I'm just not like that...so that wouldn't work for me. It's the same thing renting a car. But...I was wanting to buy a car, but I really haven't gotten around to it..I don't know much about cars, although I'd love to be one of those cool chics who can change tires and look at the engine and know what its all about...
Sole, Feb 16, 2006 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1040 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form