Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Moving Companies for International Moves

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving Companies for International Moves

Does anyone have any positives to share on a moving company that they used to get here from an international move?  We are looking for a company to move us back to the US and want to get some feedback.  I have been talking to several including: Hersch, Pearson, Packimpex and waiting for quotes from others as well.  The overall prices are all within 10% so not a big cost driver, but if someone has some good stories about their experience, it would be nice to hear.  Thanks

The text you are quoting:

Does anyone have any positives to share on a moving company that they used to get here from an international move?  We are looking for a company to move us back to the US and want to get some feedback.  I have been talking to several including: Hersch, Pearson, Packimpex and waiting for quotes from others as well.  The overall prices are all within 10% so not a big cost driver, but if someone has some good stories about their experience, it would be nice to hear.  Thanks

drleblancJan 3, 2013 @ 09:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 6058 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving Companies for International Moves
Post 1

Hello,

I am moving back to the USA too and used Pearson.  I highly recommend them. Their staff was highly proffessional, efficent and courteous.  This was my first personal move and so far Pearson has made it a pleasant experience. 

I shipped mostly (self packed)boxes and a few furniture items.  Pearsons' quote was not the cheapest, but they were one of the quickest to respond. 

Hello,

I am moving back to the USA too and used Pearson.  I highly recommend them. Their staff was highly proffessional, efficent and courteous.  This was my first personal move and so far Pearson has made it a pleasant experience. 

I shipped mostly (self packed)boxes and a few furniture items.  Pearsons' quote was not the cheapest, but they were one of the quickest to respond. 

Mobeen Imran, Jan 3, 2013 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

© the Swiss Moving Company SA
Route des Avouillons 30 – 1196 Gland - Switzerland
Tel. + 41 21 807 2686 - Fax +41 21 807 2685

www.thesmc.com

Ask for Alexandre Brito

© the Swiss Moving Company SA
Route des Avouillons 30 – 1196 Gland - Switzerland
Tel. + 41 21 807 2686 - Fax +41 21 807 2685

www.thesmc.com

Ask for Alexandre Brito

Jack B, Jan 3, 2013 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Harsch Henri HH SA

Archives
Transport
Furniture storage
Warehouse
Packaging and packaging materials
Movers

Déménagement, Garde-meubles, Transport d'oeuvres d'art, Manutention de bureaux, Archivage

rue Baylon 10
1227 Carouge GE

Phone:
*022 300 43 00

Phone:
0800 HA RS CH

Phone:
*0800 42 77 24

Fax:
*022 343 24 55

*[email protected]

Harsch Henri HH SA

Archives
Transport
Furniture storage
Warehouse
Packaging and packaging materials
Movers

Déménagement, Garde-meubles, Transport d'oeuvres d'art, Manutention de bureaux, Archivage

rue Baylon 10
1227 Carouge GE

Phone:
*022 300 43 00

Phone:
0800 HA RS CH

Phone:
*0800 42 77 24

Fax:
*022 343 24 55

*[email protected]

Dave G, Jan 3, 2013 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I also think if oyu tell them your a member of AIC or AIWCA they will give a discount, but not sure.

I also think if oyu tell them your a member of AIC or AIWCA they will give a discount, but not sure.

Dave G, Jan 3, 2013 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jan 3, 13 09:20

We used Interdean: their service between Antwerp where it took three full days to pack all our goods and then from Bruxelles and Geneva was fantastic with nothing broken. However, have to say that the Geneva team badly let them down, they were a little slapdash resulting in there being some damage. Also, the follow-up was not too good either. So if any recommends them, think carefully!

We used Interdean: their service between Antwerp where it took three full days to pack all our goods and then from Bruxelles and Geneva was fantastic with nothing broken. However, have to say that the Geneva team badly let them down, they were a little slapdash resulting in there being some damage. Also, the follow-up was not too good either. So if any recommends them, think carefully!

sheila c, Jan 3, 2013 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Ho, used Harsch to move from CH to USA in 2006 and then back to Geneva on 2008. They were great both ways! Not the cheapest but fantastic service and on the way back there was a glass cracked and they immediately took care. Very good response! Would highly recommend them. Cheere and good luck!

Ho, used Harsch to move from CH to USA in 2006 and then back to Geneva on 2008. They were great both ways! Not the cheapest but fantastic service and on the way back there was a glass cracked and they immediately took care. Very good response! Would highly recommend them. Cheere and good luck!

Maria C, Jan 3, 2013 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

It's Harsch who are moving me from ecosse to CH next month..  I havn't moved yet but my company use them often to move employees to CH, so they must be doing something right.. 

I note by the way that the local side here in scotland is sub-contracted to a local company who will do the packing and groupage, harsch then take over and move the stuff to CH and store it etc.. Then they will move it to my place in CH, unpack, build, cleanup etc etc.

It's Harsch who are moving me from ecosse to CH next month..  I havn't moved yet but my company use them often to move employees to CH, so they must be doing something right.. 

I note by the way that the local side here in scotland is sub-contracted to a local company who will do the packing and groupage, harsch then take over and move the stuff to CH and store it etc.. Then they will move it to my place in CH, unpack, build, cleanup etc etc.

John H, Jan 3, 2013 @ 23:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

You may want to look into: http://movecorp.co.uk/ (a friend used it and was very happy about it, don't hesitate to negociate the price ;] )

Maybe this one too: http://voovit.com/

Good luck!

Adrien

You may want to look into: http://movecorp.co.uk/ (a friend used it and was very happy about it, don't hesitate to negociate the price ;] )

Maybe this one too: http://voovit.com/

Good luck!

Adrien

Adrien Be, Jan 4, 2013 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Jan 3, 13 14:16

Agree with Maria, above. I've used Harsch 6 times since originally moving to Geneva in 1994. I've never had a problem with them. The quality of their service is stellar.

Ken

Agree with Maria, above. I've used Harsch 6 times since originally moving to Geneva in 1994. I've never had a problem with them. The quality of their service is stellar.

Ken

intlrep1, Jan 5, 2013 @ 08:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Moved from Chicago to Geneva one year ago with Pelichet and all went smooth and fast. However, it might not be a bad idea to do it through a US moving company that has a physical office and an agent at your destination. The reason is that if something goes wrong (slower delivery than expected, custom issues, etc) you will have somebody local there to talk to and get things ironed out, rather than having to deal with clueless sub-contractors or, worst, by phone with Switzerland.

Moved from Chicago to Geneva one year ago with Pelichet and all went smooth and fast. However, it might not be a bad idea to do it through a US moving company that has a physical office and an agent at your destination. The reason is that if something goes wrong (slower delivery than expected, custom issues, etc) you will have somebody local there to talk to and get things ironed out, rather than having to deal with clueless sub-contractors or, worst, by phone with Switzerland.

Diego T, Jan 9, 2013 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi,

I can recommend Keller Swiss Group. Have recently moved with them within the canton and it was very well organized. If you mention me you get a discount of 10%. They are not the cheapest but in my last job as a Global Mobility Leader I booked them regularly for international moves and never had a complaint.

http://www.keller-swiss-group.ch/

You may email Philipp Messerli 

[email protected]

Cheers

Angie

Hi,

I can recommend Keller Swiss Group. Have recently moved with them within the canton and it was very well organized. If you mention me you get a discount of 10%. They are not the cheapest but in my last job as a Global Mobility Leader I booked them regularly for international moves and never had a complaint.

http://www.keller-swiss-group.ch/

You may email Philipp Messerli 

[email protected]

Cheers

Angie

Angie Weinberger, Jan 9, 2013 @ 15:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Older post I know, but I wanted to shout out a good international I used to get to the area, Three Men and a truck. As the initial poster mentioned, the costs should be in the same neighborhood, relatively speaking, but they came in significantly under the bids we received. As for their service, I had no complaints. Everything got done as agreed and they were good about communicating throughout the process, including some help in getting situated with some of the necessary documents needed when moving from another country. Would definitely use them again. 

Older post I know, but I wanted to shout out a good international I used to get to the area, Three Men and a truck. As the initial poster mentioned, the costs should be in the same neighborhood, relatively speaking, but they came in significantly under the bids we received. As for their service, I had no complaints. Everything got done as agreed and they were good about communicating throughout the process, including some help in getting situated with some of the necessary documents needed when moving from another country. Would definitely use them again. 

Richard R, May 9, 2021 @ 18:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I know it's an older post, but I think it's important always to share good experiences to help others.

I did my international move with the company Muvzilla, and it was a great experience. They are doing an awesome job and offer an all-in-on-service.

I know it's an older post, but I think it's important always to share good experiences to help others.

I did my international move with the company Muvzilla, and it was a great experience. They are doing an awesome job and offer an all-in-on-service.

Cedric Meier, Mar 23, 2022 @ 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 6058 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form