Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Naturalisation - getting the swiss passport - help needed

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Naturalisation - getting the swiss passport - help needed

Hello everyone,

I am currently applying for the swiss passport and already passed the written multiple choice test.

I now received a letter with an invitation for an interview about my motivations and general knowledge about Switzerland. Does someone have experience with this and can let me know what type of questions they will ask and how difficult it is in comparison with the written test?

How long will it last? Is there anything I can do to prepare, websites, book?

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,

Nina

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I am currently applying for the swiss passport and already passed the written multiple choice test.

I now received a letter with an invitation for an interview about my motivations and general knowledge about Switzerland. Does someone have experience with this and can let me know what type of questions they will ask and how difficult it is in comparison with the written test?

How long will it last? Is there anything I can do to prepare, websites, book?

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,

Nina

ninabFeb 7, 2018 @ 11:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 3069 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Naturalisation - getting the swiss passport - help needed
Post 1

The naturalisaton are carried out by the communal authorities, and they vary hugely from one place to another. When I became swiss (a veeeeeery long time ago) in Geneva city, I even didn't have one. Butr 20 km away, in Nyon, it's a real exam based on wether you learned the brochure that they send you by heart or not. Thus, if you want an informed answer to your question, you need to specifiy in which commune you are applying

Anyway, good luck !

The naturalisaton are carried out by the communal authorities, and they vary hugely from one place to another. When I became swiss (a veeeeeery long time ago) in Geneva city, I even didn't have one. Butr 20 km away, in Nyon, it's a real exam based on wether you learned the brochure that they send you by heart or not. Thus, if you want an informed answer to your question, you need to specifiy in which commune you are applying

Anyway, good luck !

Bustan_A, Feb 7, 2018 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

We can help prep for the exam:

We are expert teachers and can assist in preparing for these important exams.

See what our clients say about us:
http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/learn-french-geneva/
http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/French-Learning-Marathon/

Geneva and around.

Helping with all aspects of sitting the Swiss naturalisation exam: we cover all aspects of the exam in order to get you ready to take the test : French, history, geography, politics, demographics, culture and more. We can give you important pointers for you to pass with flying colors. We are Swiss citizens by birth or by choice and know our stuff.

Preparation to DILF, DELF and DALF. 

We currently work for several local and international companies. 
We teach our clients at their work place, in the comfort of their home, or the place of their choice. We tutor their spouses as well. 
We teach private customers and well as company employees, one-on-one or in groups. 
We have been teaching French as free-lances for the last 20 years, are Swiss or French natives. 

We can teach anywhere in Geneva from 8.00 to 21.00, from Monday to Friday (Saturday upon request). ON-SITE INTERNET ACCESS IS COMPULSORY.

We can help prep for the exam:

We are expert teachers and can assist in preparing for these important exams.

See what our clients say about us:
http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/learn-french-geneva/
http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/French-Learning-Marathon/

Geneva and around.

Helping with all aspects of sitting the Swiss naturalisation exam: we cover all aspects of the exam in order to get you ready to take the test : French, history, geography, politics, demographics, culture and more. We can give you important pointers for you to pass with flying colors. We are Swiss citizens by birth or by choice and know our stuff.

Preparation to DILF, DELF and DALF. 

We currently work for several local and international companies. 
We teach our clients at their work place, in the comfort of their home, or the place of their choice. We tutor their spouses as well. 
We teach private customers and well as company employees, one-on-one or in groups. 
We have been teaching French as free-lances for the last 20 years, are Swiss or French natives. 

We can teach anywhere in Geneva from 8.00 to 21.00, from Monday to Friday (Saturday upon request). ON-SITE INTERNET ACCESS IS COMPULSORY.

hay_, Feb 8, 2018 @ 22:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Nina,

I went through this process and Aced the test. After that i didnt prepare anything for the meeting. Basically, the person will just talk to you and ask you a couple of questions from the test only and they are very nice and friendly so dont worry.

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

Hi Nina,

I went through this process and Aced the test. After that i didnt prepare anything for the meeting. Basically, the person will just talk to you and ask you a couple of questions from the test only and they are very nice and friendly so dont worry.

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

Rachelle P, Feb 9, 2018 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nina,

How did you interview go? did you pass?

I have my interview next week.

can you please help me out and give some insight?

what did they ask? i havent been studying much, anything to really keep an eye out on?

many thanks.

Olaf

Hi Nina,

How did you interview go? did you pass?

I have my interview next week.

can you please help me out and give some insight?

what did they ask? i havent been studying much, anything to really keep an eye out on?

many thanks.

Olaf

Olaf Lugard, Dec 4, 2018 @ 16:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 3069 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form