Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > No answer!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
No answer!

Sometimes [read often] wonder why it is that people contact you in answer to an advertisement placed, they sometimes even write a second time, and after you have taken the trouble to send them emails, photographs, addresses, facts etc. you never hear from them again? Very frustrating. Do other Glocalers find this rude? Saying thank you, or sorry it's not for me, takes so little time, costs nothing, and means so much.

At least you know where you stand and can perhaps offer the item to other folks.

The text you are quoting:

Sometimes [read often] wonder why it is that people contact you in answer to an advertisement placed, they sometimes even write a second time, and after you have taken the trouble to send them emails, photographs, addresses, facts etc. you never hear from them again? Very frustrating. Do other Glocalers find this rude? Saying thank you, or sorry it's not for me, takes so little time, costs nothing, and means so much.

At least you know where you stand and can perhaps offer the item to other folks.

sheila cAug 25, 2018 @ 18:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 942 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: No answer!
Post 1

Yes some people find it rude. There will always people who doesn't reply including the seller. Once i was very interested to purchase a washing machine and the seller said he will send me the measurement after his vacations. Two weeks later, i messaged him and he told me he already sold it. Oh well, it happens! I can't say I'm somebody who always reply and therefore, I don't expect others especially strangers to always reply. 

Yes some people find it rude. There will always people who doesn't reply including the seller. Once i was very interested to purchase a washing machine and the seller said he will send me the measurement after his vacations. Two weeks later, i messaged him and he told me he already sold it. Oh well, it happens! I can't say I'm somebody who always reply and therefore, I don't expect others especially strangers to always reply. 

Melissa Wong, Aug 26, 2018 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Aug 26, 18 12:43

Pity

Pity

sheila c, Aug 26, 2018 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey Sheila,

if it gives you some comfort: you're not alone!

I know that problem from craigslist.com in the U.S. - it happens even if you give away things for free!

After being terribly frustrated for a while I decided to just forget about it. It's the best you can do besides (if you do not necessarily need the money, of course) donate it to a professional organisation.

Have a nice evening

Herbert

Hey Sheila,

if it gives you some comfort: you're not alone!

I know that problem from craigslist.com in the U.S. - it happens even if you give away things for free!

After being terribly frustrated for a while I decided to just forget about it. It's the best you can do besides (if you do not necessarily need the money, of course) donate it to a professional organisation.

Have a nice evening

Herbert

Herbert D, Sep 3, 2018 @ 22:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 942 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form