Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Online orders delivered to Divonne post office?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Online orders delivered to Divonne post office?

Has anyone any experience of having online orders delivered to Divonne post office in France ( when companies do not deliver to Switzerland)? I have a friend who is willing to try and pick something up from me in Divonne but we have no idea of what the procedure is ( and, looking at the website , neither of us can work out which section to look under - and the website has a lot of sections :-)

Can anyone help?Anyone ever done this through the post office?

Any advice gratefully received .

The text you are quoting:

Has anyone any experience of having online orders delivered to Divonne post office in France ( when companies do not deliver to Switzerland)? I have a friend who is willing to try and pick something up from me in Divonne but we have no idea of what the procedure is ( and, looking at the website , neither of us can work out which section to look under - and the website has a lot of sections :-)

Can anyone help?Anyone ever done this through the post office?

Any advice gratefully received .

buzzcocksAug 28, 2019 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 3113 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Online orders delivered to Divonne post office?
Post 1

https://www.laposte.fr/produits/article/recevoir-ses-courriers-et-colis-dans-le-bureau-de-poste-de-son-choix

"Vous devez vous faire envoyer un courrier ou un colis, mais vous n’êtes pas à votre domicile ? Avec La Poste, vous pouvez recevoir vos courriers et colis en Poste restante dans le bureau de poste de votre choix.

Cette solution simple et pratique ne nécessite aucune démarche préalable

Il suffit que votre expéditeur vous adresse les courriers et colis en indiquant vos nom et prénom suivis de la mention "Poste restante" et de l’adresse complète du bureau de poste de votre choix."

La Poste
Place de l'Église
01220 Divonne-les-Bains
France

https://www.laposte.fr/produits/article/recevoir-ses-courriers-et-colis-dans-le-bureau-de-poste-de-son-choix

"Vous devez vous faire envoyer un courrier ou un colis, mais vous n’êtes pas à votre domicile ? Avec La Poste, vous pouvez recevoir vos courriers et colis en Poste restante dans le bureau de poste de votre choix.

Cette solution simple et pratique ne nécessite aucune démarche préalable

Il suffit que votre expéditeur vous adresse les courriers et colis en indiquant vos nom et prénom suivis de la mention "Poste restante" et de l’adresse complète du bureau de poste de votre choix."

La Poste
Place de l'Église
01220 Divonne-les-Bains
France

Karin E, Aug 29, 2019 @ 11:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you SOoooo much!

Thank you SOoooo much!

buzzcocks, Aug 29, 2019 @ 20:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

It certainly works very well for Amazon purchases.. With amazon you simply add the post office as a new address, you get an email when it arrives, take ID and Ref No to collect..

I've tried a few other sites who don't accept to send stuff to the post office or the delivery address doesn't match billing address so card payment fails.. etc.. Guess it depends on the seller.

It certainly works very well for Amazon purchases.. With amazon you simply add the post office as a new address, you get an email when it arrives, take ID and Ref No to collect..

I've tried a few other sites who don't accept to send stuff to the post office or the delivery address doesn't match billing address so card payment fails.. etc.. Guess it depends on the seller.

John H, Aug 30, 2019 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

And remember for the address ..  It would be : 

Cocks, Buzz - Poste restante
La Poste
Place de l'Église

01220 Divonne-les-Bains
France

And remember for the address ..  It would be : 

Cocks, Buzz - Poste restante
La Poste
Place de l'Église

01220 Divonne-les-Bains
France

John H, Aug 30, 2019 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nice to know Glocals still works well as a source of helpful info.

Nice to know Glocals still works well as a source of helpful info.

buzzcocks, Sep 1, 2019 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Another option for purchases from amazon.fr is to use their own pickup locations. I know there is one at the Carrefour in Ferney Voltaire.

Another option for purchases from amazon.fr is to use their own pickup locations. I know there is one at the Carrefour in Ferney Voltaire.

kathyl, Sep 2, 2019 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

My son is in the sixth form and participating in a schools partnership program with a school in Cambodia. It is the first time his school has been involved in a project in Cambodia, but you can view some of the other partnership projects it has previously been involved in on the following link https://www.canford.com/prospective-parents/life-at-canford/community-action

He will be going to Cambodia at Easter to teach at the school and also to help with construction projects.  As part of the project, he is required to raise a minimum £500 donation which will go to support the school and the local community in Cambodia.

As we live in France (5 minutes from Val Thoiry and 5 minutes from the Dardagny border), we often take in parcels for friends living in Geneva. He thought it would be a good idea to offer to do this over the Christmas holidays for people, in exchange for a small donation to his Just Giving page for the school.

He would collect your parcels, email you when they arrive and hold them safely until you have the opportunity to come and collect them. Please bear in mind he is just a 17 old trying to fundraise, and hoping to provide a useful service just before Christmas – he can’t take responsibility for parcels which may have been damaged in transit, or wrongly delivered!

If this is of any interest to you, or if you need any further information, feel free to IM me through the glocals site and I will provide you with his e-mail address and any other details required.

My son is in the sixth form and participating in a schools partnership program with a school in Cambodia. It is the first time his school has been involved in a project in Cambodia, but you can view some of the other partnership projects it has previously been involved in on the following link https://www.canford.com/prospective-parents/life-at-canford/community-action

He will be going to Cambodia at Easter to teach at the school and also to help with construction projects.  As part of the project, he is required to raise a minimum £500 donation which will go to support the school and the local community in Cambodia.

As we live in France (5 minutes from Val Thoiry and 5 minutes from the Dardagny border), we often take in parcels for friends living in Geneva. He thought it would be a good idea to offer to do this over the Christmas holidays for people, in exchange for a small donation to his Just Giving page for the school.

He would collect your parcels, email you when they arrive and hold them safely until you have the opportunity to come and collect them. Please bear in mind he is just a 17 old trying to fundraise, and hoping to provide a useful service just before Christmas – he can’t take responsibility for parcels which may have been damaged in transit, or wrongly delivered!

If this is of any interest to you, or if you need any further information, feel free to IM me through the glocals site and I will provide you with his e-mail address and any other details required.

Kym F, Dec 7, 2019 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thank you Kym - I actually solved my problem a while ago.

But your son's idea seems like a good one.

Thank you Kym - I actually solved my problem a while ago.

But your son's idea seems like a good one.

buzzcocks, Dec 11, 2019 @ 14:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 3113 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form