Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Posting things to France for pick up?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Posting things to France for pick up?

I'm trying to figure out how to avoid the issue of paying import tax with items sent to Switzerland from within the EU. Does anyone know of any pick up places in France (Divonne area), that I can send parcels / packages for pick up? Thanks for any advice!

The text you are quoting:

I'm trying to figure out how to avoid the issue of paying import tax with items sent to Switzerland from within the EU. Does anyone know of any pick up places in France (Divonne area), that I can send parcels / packages for pick up? Thanks for any advice!

Paul_DoubleAug 18, 2019 @ 20:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 943 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Posting things to France for pick up?
Post 1

Check this thread.

Check this thread.

Casuistik, Aug 19, 2019 @ 02:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you!

Thank you!

Paul_Double, Aug 19, 2019 @ 04:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You're doing it all wrong. Amazon has outrages shipping charges.

Almost anything you want can be obtained at Aliexpress, Banggood, Gearbest, etc. with no, or very small, shipping charges to Switzerland.

Almost anything you want can be obtained at Aliexpress, Banggood, Gearbest, etc. with no, or very small, shipping charges to Switzerland.

Basil F, Aug 19, 2019 @ 16:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Aug 19, 19 16:18

And how do you do when ordering from those sites to avoid the charges for processing at the border?

With Amazon, they take care of everything and you know in advance how much you will pay: they remove the VAT and give you a final estimate including all expenses and processing at the border, no surprises. If in the end it is slightly less, they reimbourse you the difference; if it is slightly more, Amazon takes care of the difference. At least it is quite a transparent system.

Do Aliexpress, Gearbest, etc. offer a similar service? Or will you be hit by surprise taxes at the border if you order above a certain amount? (i.e., more than 5 CHF of TVA value)

And how do you do when ordering from those sites to avoid the charges for processing at the border?

With Amazon, they take care of everything and you know in advance how much you will pay: they remove the VAT and give you a final estimate including all expenses and processing at the border, no surprises. If in the end it is slightly less, they reimbourse you the difference; if it is slightly more, Amazon takes care of the difference. At least it is quite a transparent system.

Do Aliexpress, Gearbest, etc. offer a similar service? Or will you be hit by surprise taxes at the border if you order above a certain amount? (i.e., more than 5 CHF of TVA value)

ajimenezp, Aug 19, 2019 @ 23:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

On amazon.fr, you can very easily have your stuff shipped to the post in Divonne.

this is the adress I have in my amazon acocunt:

BUREAU DE POSTE DIVONNE LES BAINS BP

PLACE DE L EGLISE
DIVONNE LES BAINS, 01220
France

On amazon.fr, you can very easily have your stuff shipped to the post in Divonne.

this is the adress I have in my amazon acocunt:

BUREAU DE POSTE DIVONNE LES BAINS BP

PLACE DE L EGLISE
DIVONNE LES BAINS, 01220
France

RemyS, Aug 26, 2019 @ 09:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 943 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form