Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Quarantine experience in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Quarantine experience in Geneva

Hi there,

Just curious to know how has been quarantine for anyone here in Geneva. Suggestions on - groceries/supplies, checks from authorities, and any other is welcome. Also, how do the cantonal authorities do their checks. So far haven't received any calls or visits and I am wondering why. 

Stay safe everyone and be responsible!

This year is almost winding down.

Diya 

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

Just curious to know how has been quarantine for anyone here in Geneva. Suggestions on - groceries/supplies, checks from authorities, and any other is welcome. Also, how do the cantonal authorities do their checks. So far haven't received any calls or visits and I am wondering why. 

Stay safe everyone and be responsible!

This year is almost winding down.

Diya 

Diya BanerjeeOct 16, 2020 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 253 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Quarantine experience in Geneva
Post 1

Hi Diya,

My girlfriend and I made a quarantine together at the end of August - beginning of September. We didn't receive any calls from the authorities either. Apparently, they are overloaded and fight to keep up with the vital tasks.

As for groceries, we had bought a lot beforehand and cooked delicious meals that we washed down with good wine. We took it as an opportunitiy for cocooning. Doing a quarantine in a nice appartment in very good company was a truly nice experience.

What about you?

Hi Diya,

My girlfriend and I made a quarantine together at the end of August - beginning of September. We didn't receive any calls from the authorities either. Apparently, they are overloaded and fight to keep up with the vital tasks.

As for groceries, we had bought a lot beforehand and cooked delicious meals that we washed down with good wine. We took it as an opportunitiy for cocooning. Doing a quarantine in a nice appartment in very good company was a truly nice experience.

What about you?

Bustan_A, Oct 17, 2020 @ 18:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Bustan,

That's lovely to hear. I did stock up before my travel so that kind of worked. And now relying on a friend to just drop anything I need on a SOS basis. Can't complain really, given the situation at large. I focused on meditation, reading, working and writing. However, I did get worried once when I left my grocery calls unanswered as they came to do an early delivery (go figure).  I often tend to keep my phone on silent mode when working on my writing. Had a mild meltdown wondering if I missed any authorities' surprise check. Barring these little anxieties, all good. And just wanted a sense of how people are coping in these rather extraordinary times. Thanks for sharing your experience. And stay safe. Diya 

Hi Bustan,

That's lovely to hear. I did stock up before my travel so that kind of worked. And now relying on a friend to just drop anything I need on a SOS basis. Can't complain really, given the situation at large. I focused on meditation, reading, working and writing. However, I did get worried once when I left my grocery calls unanswered as they came to do an early delivery (go figure).  I often tend to keep my phone on silent mode when working on my writing. Had a mild meltdown wondering if I missed any authorities' surprise check. Barring these little anxieties, all good. And just wanted a sense of how people are coping in these rather extraordinary times. Thanks for sharing your experience. And stay safe. Diya 

Diya Banerjee, Oct 17, 2020 @ 20:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

No such thing as quarantine fro all yet again Diya. I doubt it happens again due to gouvernement focus more on econimic then health situation. 

When you're sick, you stay in for you and others;-)

Take care,

W.

No such thing as quarantine fro all yet again Diya. I doubt it happens again due to gouvernement focus more on econimic then health situation. 

When you're sick, you stay in for you and others;-)

Take care,

W.

Wojtek W, Oct 19, 2020 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 253 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form