Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Quarantine experience in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Quarantine experience in Geneva

Hi there,

Just curious to know how has been quarantine for anyone here in Geneva. Suggestions on - groceries/supplies, checks from authorities, and any other is welcome. Also, how do the cantonal authorities do their checks. So far haven't received any calls or visits and I am wondering why. 

Stay safe everyone and be responsible!

This year is almost winding down.

Diya 

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

Just curious to know how has been quarantine for anyone here in Geneva. Suggestions on - groceries/supplies, checks from authorities, and any other is welcome. Also, how do the cantonal authorities do their checks. So far haven't received any calls or visits and I am wondering why. 

Stay safe everyone and be responsible!

This year is almost winding down.

Diya 

Diya BanerjeeOct 16, 2020 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

46 Replies | 2757 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Quarantine experience in Geneva
Post 1

Hi Diya,

My girlfriend and I made a quarantine together at the end of August - beginning of September. We didn't receive any calls from the authorities either. Apparently, they are overloaded and fight to keep up with the vital tasks.

As for groceries, we had bought a lot beforehand and cooked delicious meals that we washed down with good wine. We took it as an opportunitiy for cocooning. Doing a quarantine in a nice appartment in very good company was a truly nice experience.

What about you?

Hi Diya,

My girlfriend and I made a quarantine together at the end of August - beginning of September. We didn't receive any calls from the authorities either. Apparently, they are overloaded and fight to keep up with the vital tasks.

As for groceries, we had bought a lot beforehand and cooked delicious meals that we washed down with good wine. We took it as an opportunitiy for cocooning. Doing a quarantine in a nice appartment in very good company was a truly nice experience.

What about you?

Bustan_A, Oct 17, 2020 @ 18:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Bustan,

That's lovely to hear. I did stock up before my travel so that kind of worked. And now relying on a friend to just drop anything I need on a SOS basis. Can't complain really, given the situation at large. I focused on meditation, reading, working and writing. However, I did get worried once when I left my grocery calls unanswered as they came to do an early delivery (go figure).  I often tend to keep my phone on silent mode when working on my writing. Had a mild meltdown wondering if I missed any authorities' surprise check. Barring these little anxieties, all good. And just wanted a sense of how people are coping in these rather extraordinary times. Thanks for sharing your experience. And stay safe. Diya 

Hi Bustan,

That's lovely to hear. I did stock up before my travel so that kind of worked. And now relying on a friend to just drop anything I need on a SOS basis. Can't complain really, given the situation at large. I focused on meditation, reading, working and writing. However, I did get worried once when I left my grocery calls unanswered as they came to do an early delivery (go figure).  I often tend to keep my phone on silent mode when working on my writing. Had a mild meltdown wondering if I missed any authorities' surprise check. Barring these little anxieties, all good. And just wanted a sense of how people are coping in these rather extraordinary times. Thanks for sharing your experience. And stay safe. Diya 

Diya Banerjee, Oct 17, 2020 @ 20:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

No such thing as quarantine fro all yet again Diya. I doubt it happens again due to gouvernement focus more on econimic then health situation. 

When you're sick, you stay in for you and others;-)

Take care,

W.

No such thing as quarantine fro all yet again Diya. I doubt it happens again due to gouvernement focus more on econimic then health situation. 

When you're sick, you stay in for you and others;-)

Take care,

W.

Wojtek W, Oct 19, 2020 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

We use leshop.ch or smood.ch for groceries or we visit the shops at opening time to avoid the crowds.We walk around the not so crowded forests around Geneva if the weather is nice equip with disinfectant and mask.

We use leshop.ch or smood.ch for groceries or we visit the shops at opening time to avoid the crowds.We walk around the not so crowded forests around Geneva if the weather is nice equip with disinfectant and mask.

gerald m, Oct 27, 2020 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

With the change in the laws on 28 October, is it still necessary to continue quarantine? I started mine on the 23rd, and I didn't arrive from the new list of high-risk countries. Has anything official been posted about this? 

With the change in the laws on 28 October, is it still necessary to continue quarantine? I started mine on the 23rd, and I didn't arrive from the new list of high-risk countries. Has anything official been posted about this? 

Paul M, Oct 29, 2020 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

As far as I know, despite many countries being barred from the black list, if you are in the middle of your 10 day quarantine, you still have to finish it, cannot be interrupted mid-way because the country you came from is not any more in the list. It is the list at the moment of your arrival and where have you been during the previous 14 days that counts.

I know controls are rare, but who want to risk a fee of up to 10000 CHF?I know of someone who got fined 2700 CHF because he was surprised breaking the quarantine on his 10th day ...

As far as I know, despite many countries being barred from the black list, if you are in the middle of your 10 day quarantine, you still have to finish it, cannot be interrupted mid-way because the country you came from is not any more in the list. It is the list at the moment of your arrival and where have you been during the previous 14 days that counts.

I know controls are rare, but who want to risk a fee of up to 10000 CHF?I know of someone who got fined 2700 CHF because he was surprised breaking the quarantine on his 10th day ...

ajimenezp, Oct 31, 2020 @ 16:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Oct 31, 20 16:33

Yes, after other comments like this, I'm sticking out my full 10 days. As you say, better than the alternative.

Yes, after other comments like this, I'm sticking out my full 10 days. As you say, better than the alternative.

Paul M, Oct 31, 2020 @ 17:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Good morning All,

Any of you living in Nyon like me?

We are still authorized to go out, walk, hike. I am looking for like minded people to go on "distant walks ".

Have a safe & happy Friday,

Liv

Good morning All,

Any of you living in Nyon like me?

We are still authorized to go out, walk, hike. I am looking for like minded people to go on "distant walks ".

Have a safe & happy Friday,

Liv

Yogagirl, Nov 6, 2020 @ 08:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Liv,

Not available this weekend but next week, why not. Thanks for the idea as we have to all take a big breath from what's going on worldwide.

Regards,

W.

Hi Liv,

Not available this weekend but next week, why not. Thanks for the idea as we have to all take a big breath from what's going on worldwide.

Regards,

W.

Wojtek W, Nov 6, 2020 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Near Nyon would love to explore Sentir des Toblerones. Let me know if this works for anyone here? And stay safe.

Near Nyon would love to explore Sentir des Toblerones. Let me know if this works for anyone here? And stay safe.

Diya Banerjee, Nov 7, 2020 @ 15:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Diya's suggestion about a walk on the Sentier des Toblerones sounds lovely, as do the three of you who have expressed interest. I would normally join, but unfortunately, I am not sure Liv is correct that: "We are still authorized to go out, walk, hike."

You should be aware that, as of 1 November:

"The cantonal government reminded people that gatherings of more than five people in public spaces, particularly in public squares, busy walkways, parks and near bodies water were banned.

Also banned were public and private events involving more than five people, both inside and outside, including within the family circle."

More important than whether we "are allowed" or not to get together, is the question of what we can do to bring this pandemic under control, so that we can get back to some semblance of normality sooner rather than later.

Diya's suggestion about a walk on the Sentier des Toblerones sounds lovely, as do the three of you who have expressed interest. I would normally join, but unfortunately, I am not sure Liv is correct that: "We are still authorized to go out, walk, hike."

You should be aware that, as of 1 November:

"The cantonal government reminded people that gatherings of more than five people in public spaces, particularly in public squares, busy walkways, parks and near bodies water were banned.

Also banned were public and private events involving more than five people, both inside and outside, including within the family circle."

More important than whether we "are allowed" or not to get together, is the question of what we can do to bring this pandemic under control, so that we can get back to some semblance of normality sooner rather than later.

JR M, Nov 7, 2020 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hiking, walking or doing anything in a public space is limited to 5 in Geneva and Vaud and am assuming it will stay like that until the end of the month and maybe longer.  A public place is anywhere which is accessible to the public so would include a footpath, or even the middle of the forest on no track, or the bottom of the lake preferably with scuba equipment. 

The advice is try to avoid long distance travellingas trains, buses and cars even with masks are not ideal. . Many clubs have simply cancelled their planned activites until the end of the year. I am being irresponsible in that I am continuing to organise walks in Geneva rsestricted of course to 5 people (myself included)

Site for Vaud
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/switzerland-imposes-early-closing-time-for-bars-and-restaurants/46125392
page 17 paragraph 1.7.1
Site for Geneva
https://www.ge.ch/document/lutte-contre-covid-19-conseil-etat-declare-etat-necessite-met-place-mesures-plus-strictes-geneve
Go to the section bars and restaurants paragraph 8

The federal restriction is 10 but some cantons have restricted to 5 including GE/VD/NE/JU

You can click on the map of this link to get the latest in the cantons but it is not always that easy to find.

https://www.ch.ch/fr/coronavirus/

Hiking, walking or doing anything in a public space is limited to 5 in Geneva and Vaud and am assuming it will stay like that until the end of the month and maybe longer.  A public place is anywhere which is accessible to the public so would include a footpath, or even the middle of the forest on no track, or the bottom of the lake preferably with scuba equipment. 

The advice is try to avoid long distance travellingas trains, buses and cars even with masks are not ideal. . Many clubs have simply cancelled their planned activites until the end of the year. I am being irresponsible in that I am continuing to organise walks in Geneva rsestricted of course to 5 people (myself included)

Site for Vaud
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/switzerland-imposes-early-closing-time-for-bars-and-restaurants/46125392
page 17 paragraph 1.7.1
Site for Geneva
https://www.ge.ch/document/lutte-contre-covid-19-conseil-etat-declare-etat-necessite-met-place-mesures-plus-strictes-geneve
Go to the section bars and restaurants paragraph 8

The federal restriction is 10 but some cantons have restricted to 5 including GE/VD/NE/JU

You can click on the map of this link to get the latest in the cantons but it is not always that easy to find.

https://www.ch.ch/fr/coronavirus/

Paul E, Nov 8, 2020 @ 20:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Paul, not quite: 

...lors de rassemblements de cinq personnes au plus, celles-ci doivent se tenir à au moins un mètre cinquante les unes des autres à l'exception des personnes faisant ménage commun...

For those who don't speak french, it is possible to meet others people (more then 5) in open space but only if you stay 1.5 m from one another. 

Regards,

W.

Paul, not quite: 

...lors de rassemblements de cinq personnes au plus, celles-ci doivent se tenir à au moins un mètre cinquante les unes des autres à l'exception des personnes faisant ménage commun...

For those who don't speak french, it is possible to meet others people (more then 5) in open space but only if you stay 1.5 m from one another. 

Regards,

W.

Wojtek W, Nov 8, 2020 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Wojtech I assume thar Polish is better than your French

According to google translate

cinque personnes au plus means najwyżej pięć osób

cinque personnes de plus =  jeszcze pięć osób

plus de cinque personnes = więcej niż pięć osób

I think yo0u should ask the administrators to remove your post,

Wojtech I assume thar Polish is better than your French

According to google translate

cinque personnes au plus means najwyżej pięć osób

cinque personnes de plus =  jeszcze pięć osób

plus de cinque personnes = więcej niż pięć osób

I think yo0u should ask the administrators to remove your post,

Paul E, Nov 9, 2020 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

For those who do not seak French or Polish please note the previous poster is mistaken 'cinq personnes au plus' means five people maximum.  That means you cannot go for a hike or walk with more than five people.  Splitting into 2 or 3 groups of five defeats the object of the exercise. 

For those who do not seak French or Polish please note the previous poster is mistaken 'cinq personnes au plus' means five people maximum.  That means you cannot go for a hike or walk with more than five people.  Splitting into 2 or 3 groups of five defeats the object of the exercise. 

Paul E, Nov 9, 2020 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

First, Paul is right:

Means:

"...in gatherings of up to five people, they must stand at least one meter and fifty from each other with the exception of people living together ..."

Again:

"gatherings of more than five people in public spaces, particularly in public squares, busy walkways, parks and near bodies water were banned.

But these are the details. The central fact is that we are dealing with a highly infectious disease, which is mostly transmitted when people are not displaying symptoms, and the best way to control it under current circumstances is to avoid contact with others, stay away, wear a mask if you must go out where there are other people, and remove any virus you may have picked up from surfaces with your hands by washing them often.

Why is it so hard to understand?

People in New Zealand, most of Australia, China, Taiwan, Vietnam and South Korea understood it, and life is back to normal in most (not all) of them.

First, Paul is right:

Means:

"...in gatherings of up to five people, they must stand at least one meter and fifty from each other with the exception of people living together ..."

Again:

"gatherings of more than five people in public spaces, particularly in public squares, busy walkways, parks and near bodies water were banned.

But these are the details. The central fact is that we are dealing with a highly infectious disease, which is mostly transmitted when people are not displaying symptoms, and the best way to control it under current circumstances is to avoid contact with others, stay away, wear a mask if you must go out where there are other people, and remove any virus you may have picked up from surfaces with your hands by washing them often.

Why is it so hard to understand?

People in New Zealand, most of Australia, China, Taiwan, Vietnam and South Korea understood it, and life is back to normal in most (not all) of them.

JR M, Nov 9, 2020 @ 14:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

I understand the point you are making that rally we should be self isolating as much as possible and I have to admit that I am not doing this.  DSuring the first wave I did this which even involved drawing up baskets of food to may balcony with a rope and not going out on my bicycle in case I fell off it and took up a hospital bed.

I am very wary of the infection rate and probably have the cleanest handds in Geneva but with a group of five meeting up at the start point of the hike I am minimising the contact.  And during th walk distasnces are maintained.  I do not make up two groups of 5 people as this defeats the object. 

So I have a resoect for the virus and think I am minimising the risk - the problem is that I do not know how the group behaveswith regard to social distancing  before and after the walk.  Once thew restrictions are lifted I doubt very much that is will increase the number of participants above 5. I am very sceptical of government 'health' decisions which are possibly based on economic reasoning.

I understand the point you are making that rally we should be self isolating as much as possible and I have to admit that I am not doing this.  DSuring the first wave I did this which even involved drawing up baskets of food to may balcony with a rope and not going out on my bicycle in case I fell off it and took up a hospital bed.

I am very wary of the infection rate and probably have the cleanest handds in Geneva but with a group of five meeting up at the start point of the hike I am minimising the contact.  And during th walk distasnces are maintained.  I do not make up two groups of 5 people as this defeats the object. 

So I have a resoect for the virus and think I am minimising the risk - the problem is that I do not know how the group behaveswith regard to social distancing  before and after the walk.  Once thew restrictions are lifted I doubt very much that is will increase the number of participants above 5. I am very sceptical of government 'health' decisions which are possibly based on economic reasoning.

Paul E, Nov 9, 2020 @ 21:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Thank you for this lesson Paul;-)

Thank you for this lesson Paul;-)

Wojtek W, Nov 11, 2020 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Not me - google translate

Not me - google translate

Paul E, Nov 11, 2020 @ 20:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

I should have been more focus...at now I'm humiliated in front of large audience...

Anyway, it's smart to not take any risk and follow the instructions but...personally I think that you can't get covid from person beeing 2 meters away from you, doesn't matter if you are 5 or 10 but the law is the law and it should be respected.

Also, if you see in the park 10 people 2 meters from each other, would you call it "gathering"? 

I guess we can continue like that but not sure if it's sens to do it.

I should have been more focus...at now I'm humiliated in front of large audience...

Anyway, it's smart to not take any risk and follow the instructions but...personally I think that you can't get covid from person beeing 2 meters away from you, doesn't matter if you are 5 or 10 but the law is the law and it should be respected.

Also, if you see in the park 10 people 2 meters from each other, would you call it "gathering"? 

Wojtek W, Nov 11, 2020 @ 21:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Nov 11, 20 21:46

My intention was not to humilate but only to point out in a way that drew people's attention to the fact that the limit is five max. Do not worry I am not French and before posting I had to double check the meaning of au plus.  I went in a bit hard not to shame but to get the message across. I have had know-it-alls complaining that I am posting information that is obvious and everybody knows what to do.  Unfortunately the case is that people do not know or specifically try to bypass the rules and you cannot imagine the number of times I have had to point out that a group of hikers is a gathering and a footpath is a public space like a park.

Groups of hikers are dividing themselves into two or three groups of 5 and not keeping apart.  This defeats the idea.  I am pleased to say that I did a 5 hour walk in the Geneva canton today and met  a group of 1, two groups of 2 and a group of 3 - a total of 8 people.  Yesterday on a longer walk I met maximum 10 people and no more than 3 in a group.  So in general people are following the rules

With regard to your comment above, the rule is that a gathering is a group of people who are intentionally together and this is limited to 5 max keeping a distance of 2 metres.  So if you see 10 people together you must assume is is one group pretending to be two groups.  But all this is academic because apparently these restrictionsd do not cover political meetings where the limit is much higher!!  One should also remember that when the restrictions are lifted the decision will be partly economic and I certainly will not follow the goverment guideline and will impose stricter limits on gatherings (hikes) that I organise,

My intention was not to humilate but only to point out in a way that drew people's attention to the fact that the limit is five max. Do not worry I am not French and before posting I had to double check the meaning of au plus.  I went in a bit hard not to shame but to get the message across. I have had know-it-alls complaining that I am posting information that is obvious and everybody knows what to do.  Unfortunately the case is that people do not know or specifically try to bypass the rules and you cannot imagine the number of times I have had to point out that a group of hikers is a gathering and a footpath is a public space like a park.

Groups of hikers are dividing themselves into two or three groups of 5 and not keeping apart.  This defeats the idea.  I am pleased to say that I did a 5 hour walk in the Geneva canton today and met  a group of 1, two groups of 2 and a group of 3 - a total of 8 people.  Yesterday on a longer walk I met maximum 10 people and no more than 3 in a group.  So in general people are following the rules

With regard to your comment above, the rule is that a gathering is a group of people who are intentionally together and this is limited to 5 max keeping a distance of 2 metres.  So if you see 10 people together you must assume is is one group pretending to be two groups.  But all this is academic because apparently these restrictionsd do not cover political meetings where the limit is much higher!!  One should also remember that when the restrictions are lifted the decision will be partly economic and I certainly will not follow the goverment guideline and will impose stricter limits on gatherings (hikes) that I organise,

Paul E, Nov 11, 2020 @ 22:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

What puzzles me is why some hikers appear to need the company of several  people in order to enjoy their pastime.

In other words, why is a group of only four or five less enticing than a group of, say, 20 or more?

What puzzles me is why some hikers appear to need the company of several  people in order to enjoy their pastime.

In other words, why is a group of only four or five less enticing than a group of, say, 20 or more?

Ritchie, Nov 12, 2020 @ 12:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Nov 12, 20 12:22

:-):-P

:-):-P

Wojtek W, Nov 12, 2020 @ 20:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Nov 11, 20 22:59

A part from all that, I've checked the numbers yeasterday and today and...it is still not great...:-( Today less then yesterday but still more then it was while decisions of partial lockdown have been made.

A part from all that, I've checked the numbers yeasterday and today and...it is still not great...:-( Today less then yesterday but still more then it was while decisions of partial lockdown have been made.

Wojtek W, Nov 12, 2020 @ 20:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

JR M, Nov 12, 2020 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

I really do not know what to say except it would appear that if less than 100% of people do not take precautions the virus is here to stay.  I assume a vaccine will help but it is not clear yet how often we will have to take the vaccine and what percentage of people will agree to take the vaccine.  There are those idiots who will refuse on the basis that is counter to their civil liberties. 

I really do not know what to say except it would appear that if less than 100% of people do not take precautions the virus is here to stay.  I assume a vaccine will help but it is not clear yet how often we will have to take the vaccine and what percentage of people will agree to take the vaccine.  There are those idiots who will refuse on the basis that is counter to their civil liberties. 

Paul E, Nov 13, 2020 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Nov 12, 20 12:22

Agree totally.  Unfortunately the majority are people who are not willing to lead walks themselves and could not care less about the dangers of travelling and mixing, of possibly becoming infected and worse still transmitting to others. So if not many hikes are being proposed they will jump on to whatever is on offer and irresponsible hike leaders will accept  say 20 people and divide them into 2 or 4 groups depending on the canton . 

This does not surprise me.  I have o faith in human responsibility. The onlypermarket thing I can say is that mixing outdoors is probably safer than being in a suoermarket

The only th

Agree totally.  Unfortunately the majority are people who are not willing to lead walks themselves and could not care less about the dangers of travelling and mixing, of possibly becoming infected and worse still transmitting to others. So if not many hikes are being proposed they will jump on to whatever is on offer and irresponsible hike leaders will accept  say 20 people and divide them into 2 or 4 groups depending on the canton . 

This does not surprise me.  I have o faith in human responsibility. The onlypermarket thing I can say is that mixing outdoors is probably safer than being in a suoermarket

The only th

Paul E, Nov 13, 2020 @ 12:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

The only th

Nov 13, 20 12:09

I agree that shopping in a supermarket may

have its risks but nowadays most of us are in and out of a store soonest possible.  Gossiping in the aisles is clearly discouraged and I’ve noticed that shop assistants are quick to admonish

customers who are not wearing their mask correctly – and rightly so.

So perhaps one might in fact be more exposed to infection during a healthy all-day hike.

I agree that shopping in a supermarket may

have its risks but nowadays most of us are in and out of a store soonest possible.  Gossiping in the aisles is clearly discouraged and I’ve noticed that shop assistants are quick to admonish

customers who are not wearing their mask correctly – and rightly so.

So perhaps one might in fact be more exposed to infection during a healthy all-day hike.

Ritchie, Nov 13, 2020 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Paul:

To reinforce your argument, you might like to take a quick look at “Things to do”.

R.

Paul:

To reinforce your argument, you might like to take a quick look at “Things to do”.

R.

Ritchie, Nov 14, 2020 @ 12:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Paul:

R.

Nov 14, 20 12:46

Sorry a bit late replying.  I have seen what is on offer on things to do: let's go to Valais hiking because you can be 10 people; let's go to Vaud for a coffee or meal because the cafés and restaurants are open; let's go to Vaud to get our hair cut.  Impossible to change anything, the world is full of people who couzld not care less.  They might catch covid But that is presumably part of the fun for them; they might infedct others but hey : so what - that is the other persons problem.  I've seen it on glocals; I have seen it elsewhere - fortnately the majority of people are sensible

Sorry a bit late replying.  I have seen what is on offer on things to do: let's go to Valais hiking because you can be 10 people; let's go to Vaud for a coffee or meal because the cafés and restaurants are open; let's go to Vaud to get our hair cut.  Impossible to change anything, the world is full of people who couzld not care less.  They might catch covid But that is presumably part of the fun for them; they might infedct others but hey : so what - that is the other persons problem.  I've seen it on glocals; I have seen it elsewhere - fortnately the majority of people are sensible

Paul E, Nov 16, 2020 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

I did it alone. Group anything - I will not attempt. My only thing is hiking even with one more person makes it comforting. :) With distancing of course. Not planning to hug my co-hiker while navigating a path. ;)

I did it alone. Group anything - I will not attempt. My only thing is hiking even with one more person makes it comforting. :) With distancing of course. Not planning to hug my co-hiker while navigating a path. ;)

Diya Banerjee, Nov 18, 2020 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

I wrote a comment on the hike being organised this week providing the link to the canton of Vaud's law of no more than five individuals being allowed for sporting endeavours outdoors.  There are already eight attending.  My note was deleted! 

I wrote a comment on the hike being organised this week providing the link to the canton of Vaud's law of no more than five individuals being allowed for sporting endeavours outdoors.  There are already eight attending.  My note was deleted! 

hucklewoo, Nov 18, 2020 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

66 people died in Switzerland yesterday from Covid, and no numbers are available on the numbers of people in intensive care or those suffering from "long covid".

https://covid19.who.int/region/euro/country/ch

66 people died in Switzerland yesterday from Covid, and no numbers are available on the numbers of people in intensive care or those suffering from "long covid".

Sean C, Nov 18, 2020 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Nov 18, 20 14:44

Interesting.  I made a similar comment (maybe the same hike) and my comment was also deleted

Interesting.  I made a similar comment (maybe the same hike) and my comment was also deleted

Paul E, Nov 19, 2020 @ 13:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Nov 19, 20 13:42

Same here, my comment was also delete.

SWISS, Nov 19, 2020 @ 15:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

Nov 19, 20 15:45

So finally one positive side to the pandemic, I have learnt that it is possible to delete comments on glocals.  I am no longer paying attention to what others do.  We are 9 months into the pandemic and many people are not taking it seriously, more interested in bypassing the rules - this includes people I know personally.  For those who do take it seriously take care and good luck.  I am drinking with my regular group tonight - on zoom.  Just as good as in a pub.  Maybe better because nobody talks over one another

So finally one positive side to the pandemic, I have learnt that it is possible to delete comments on glocals.  I am no longer paying attention to what others do.  We are 9 months into the pandemic and many people are not taking it seriously, more interested in bypassing the rules - this includes people I know personally.  For those who do take it seriously take care and good luck.  I am drinking with my regular group tonight - on zoom.  Just as good as in a pub.  Maybe better because nobody talks over one another

Paul E, Nov 19, 2020 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Nov 18, 20 17:07

I use this link (I think WHO) which shows the number of critical cases (which I assume is ICU) but everythings depends on what information is received.  What you do see is that despite all the criticism about Trump (whicxh I tend to agree with), the USA is in 11th place with 772 per million whereas UK is in 8th place with 783 and why does nobody talk about Belgium in gold medal position with 1278 deaths per million inhabitants?

On the flip side consider becoming a resident of the Vatican City; Faroe Islands; Eritra who have reported no deaths. 

I use this link (I think WHO) which shows the number of critical cases (which I assume is ICU) but everythings depends on what information is received.  What you do see is that despite all the criticism about Trump (whicxh I tend to agree with), the USA is in 11th place with 772 per million whereas UK is in 8th place with 783 and why does nobody talk about Belgium in gold medal position with 1278 deaths per million inhabitants?

On the flip side consider becoming a resident of the Vatican City; Faroe Islands; Eritra who have reported no deaths. 

Paul E, Nov 19, 2020 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Nov 18, 20 12:54

:-P Pity Diya...just joking;-)

:-P Pity Diya...just joking;-)

Wojtek W, Nov 21, 2020 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

@Diya and @Wotjek I will send you a pm. 

:) 

@Diya and @Wotjek I will send you a pm. 

:) 

Yogagirl, Nov 21, 2020 @ 21:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

For once am asking a question. Noted the Geneva hiling with dogs group have posted an outing clearly stating that the retriction is 5 people maximum as well as asking abiut behavoural problems with dogs in advance.  Finally a responsible group

Now my question. If I limit to 5 and a couple living in the same household want to come, do they count as one person or two?

For once am asking a question. Noted the Geneva hiling with dogs group have posted an outing clearly stating that the retriction is 5 people maximum as well as asking abiut behavoural problems with dogs in advance.  Finally a responsible group

Now my question. If I limit to 5 and a couple living in the same household want to come, do they count as one person or two?

Paul E, Nov 22, 2020 @ 13:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Dear all, thank you for all your comments it is very imformative for me. I will be coming to Geneva on 15 Dec. (to stay). I have already a rented apartment but it has a very small fridge so I don't think I will be fortunate enough to stock up. 

Is there any grossery delivery in Geneva, just in case. 

Thank you again, Lisa. 

Dear all, thank you for all your comments it is very imformative for me. I will be coming to Geneva on 15 Dec. (to stay). I have already a rented apartment but it has a very small fridge so I don't think I will be fortunate enough to stock up. 

Thank you again, Lisa. 

Lisa Chrabieh, Nov 23, 2020 @ 08:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Thank you again, Lisa. 

Nov 23, 20 08:53

Plenty Easiest is to google is ' grocery delivery Geneva'.  The two biggest supermarkets Migros and Coop does and there are many others.  I would assume you can sign up in adavance.  However ordinary shopping is no hassle in Geneva unless you have rented in the middle of nowhere. I do not shop on line and if you are ordering small ammounts each time because of a small fridge you might find the delivery costs become a high percentage of the total.

This is the wrong forum and it would be best if you created a  new post in which you ask for mpeople's opnion on best, worst experiences

Plenty Easiest is to google is ' grocery delivery Geneva'.  The two biggest supermarkets Migros and Coop does and there are many others.  I would assume you can sign up in adavance.  However ordinary shopping is no hassle in Geneva unless you have rented in the middle of nowhere. I do not shop on line and if you are ordering small ammounts each time because of a small fridge you might find the delivery costs become a high percentage of the total.

This is the wrong forum and it would be best if you created a  new post in which you ask for mpeople's opnion on best, worst experiences

Paul E, Nov 23, 2020 @ 09:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Thank you Paul for your reply and guidance, am sorry. I am new on this, next time will do change the forum. 

Thank you Paul for your reply and guidance, am sorry. I am new on this, next time will do change the forum. 

Lisa Chrabieh, Nov 23, 2020 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

Nov 23, 20 09:12

No problem. Simply if you create a new suject/thread you might get replies from people who actually shop on line. By the way do not kno how it is in Lebanon but customers and staff must wear masks.  " metre distancing at the chewck outs but yoiu must chosse a supermarket with not too many visitors - for instance the Coop and Migros at the station will probably be too crowded

No problem. Simply if you create a new suject/thread you might get replies from people who actually shop on line. By the way do not kno how it is in Lebanon but customers and staff must wear masks.  " metre distancing at the chewck outs but yoiu must chosse a supermarket with not too many visitors - for instance the Coop and Migros at the station will probably be too crowded

Paul E, Nov 23, 2020 @ 09:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

Nov 23, 20 09:19

Hello, and welcome soon to Geneva.

I agree with Paul:  if you’d like advice on shopping, why not start a new thread, mentioning inter alia the area where you will be living.

In any event, Geneva has plenty of supermarkets as well as “convenience” outlets (some of them open 24/24) so you won’t ever need to be hungry or thirsty.  However, prices do vary in con sequence.

Shopping for other goods is presently restricted but this will certainly return to normal as soon as the health considerations allow.

All the best,

R.

Hello, and welcome soon to Geneva.

I agree with Paul:  if you’d like advice on shopping, why not start a new thread, mentioning inter alia the area where you will be living.

In any event, Geneva has plenty of supermarkets as well as “convenience” outlets (some of them open 24/24) so you won’t ever need to be hungry or thirsty.  However, prices do vary in con sequence.

Shopping for other goods is presently restricted but this will certainly return to normal as soon as the health considerations allow.

All the best,

R.

Ritchie, Nov 23, 2020 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

I am so grateful to all of you for bearing with my ignorance on this website and thank you so much for replying to my message, I will go ahead now and try to create a new thread. I hope to see you all soon in Geneva.

I am so grateful to all of you for bearing with my ignorance on this website and thank you so much for replying to my message, I will go ahead now and try to create a new thread. I hope to see you all soon in Geneva.

Lisa Chrabieh, Nov 23, 2020 @ 12:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
46 Replies | 2757 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form