Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Rental property

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Rental property

Dear all, 

I trust you are doing good. It's Francisco here moving from Spain to Geneva in Juky 1st. I will be needing a flat from 1 August on. I was wondering is there some forum in this website to seek something. I am really new here and I am trying to investigate. 

Any help is mucha appreciated. 

Best regards.

The text you are quoting:

Dear all, 

I trust you are doing good. It's Francisco here moving from Spain to Geneva in Juky 1st. I will be needing a flat from 1 August on. I was wondering is there some forum in this website to seek something. I am really new here and I am trying to investigate. 

Best regards.

Francisco MJun 9, 2020 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 881 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Rental property
Post 1

anibis.ch is the best

homegate

immostreet

immobilier.ch

facebook pages

anibis.ch is the best

homegate

immostreet

immobilier.ch

facebook pages

Nat S, Jun 9, 2020 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dear all, 

Best regards.

Jun 9, 20 18:14

Hello, and welcome to glocals where you’ll certainly make lots of new friends.

For accommodation your best bet is to click on the Classifieds tab where you’ll find plenty of offers as well the possibility to post your own ad.

All the best, Ritchie

For accommodation your best bet is to click on the Classifieds tab where you’ll find plenty of offers as well the possibility to post your own ad.

All the best, Ritchie

Ritchie, Jun 9, 2020 @ 22:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello Francisco, I hope you are all done packing as you'll soon be moving to Geneva.

You can find propeties on this website under "classifieds".

I'm in real estate and would be happy to help if you have any questions.

Have a safe trip!

Best Regrads,

Natasha

Hello Francisco, I hope you are all done packing as you'll soon be moving to Geneva.

Have a safe trip!

Best Regrads,

Natasha

Natasha B, Jun 13, 2020 @ 08:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

anibis.ch is the best

homegate

immostreet

immobilier.ch

facebook pages

Jun 9, 20 19:46

Thank so much. I have been watching that some agencies do not even post pictures of the propoerty. Is it that normal?

Best regards.

Thank so much. I have been watching that some agencies do not even post pictures of the propoerty. Is it that normal?

Best regards.

Francisco M, Jun 17, 2020 @ 18:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

All the best, Ritchie

Jun 9, 20 22:44

Thank so much. I will take a look.

Thank so much. I will take a look.

Francisco M, Jun 17, 2020 @ 18:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Have a safe trip!

Best Regrads,

Natasha

Jun 13, 20 08:01

Hello Natasha. 

Packing is a really nightmare haha. I will take a look and reach you if i have any questions. 

Best regards.

Hello Natasha. 

Packing is a really nightmare haha. I will take a look and reach you if i have any questions. 

Best regards.

Francisco M, Jun 17, 2020 @ 18:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Francisco,

The market here is difficult for accomodation seekers as there are few properties available. Very often you will deal with a rental company (called "régie") that will either own the building or manage it for the owners. My advice to you would be:

1. Do not rent something without visiting and know it is a legit offer. It seems obvious but it should be said. There are some scams out there, fake online adverts trying to get you to pay an advance on the rental when in fact the flat does not exist or is not in their possession. They try to take advantage of the tight market and the fact international workers/employees/students know they are coming to Geneva and desperately want to secure accomodation ahead of time.

2. To rent you usually need a resident permit, or a letter saying your application for one is pending. You will also need a letter from your employer stating what your salary is. And a letter saying you are not being sued for debt in Switzerland (from an administration called "office des poursuites"). You will need to pay a deposit (usually 3 month's rent) in a special blocked account, or get a dedicated insurance (such as Swisscaution). Without ticking all the boxes, your application to rent a flat would not compete well with other applications.

3. I found my flat through a "relocation agency", so an agency diong the search for you, for a fee of a little over 1 month's rent. You give all your paperwork one time and they do the applications for you after that. I also think many properties go to such agencies directly without being advertised online, as it is much simpler for the régies. This is a possibility to consider.

So good luck, and you might need temporary accomodation or share before you manage to get the paperwork done and actually find a place to rent!

Francois

Hi Francisco,

The market here is difficult for accomodation seekers as there are few properties available. Very often you will deal with a rental company (called "régie") that will either own the building or manage it for the owners. My advice to you would be:

1. Do not rent something without visiting and know it is a legit offer. It seems obvious but it should be said. There are some scams out there, fake online adverts trying to get you to pay an advance on the rental when in fact the flat does not exist or is not in their possession. They try to take advantage of the tight market and the fact international workers/employees/students know they are coming to Geneva and desperately want to secure accomodation ahead of time.

2. To rent you usually need a resident permit, or a letter saying your application for one is pending. You will also need a letter from your employer stating what your salary is. And a letter saying you are not being sued for debt in Switzerland (from an administration called "office des poursuites"). You will need to pay a deposit (usually 3 month's rent) in a special blocked account, or get a dedicated insurance (such as Swisscaution). Without ticking all the boxes, your application to rent a flat would not compete well with other applications.

3. I found my flat through a "relocation agency", so an agency diong the search for you, for a fee of a little over 1 month's rent. You give all your paperwork one time and they do the applications for you after that. I also think many properties go to such agencies directly without being advertised online, as it is much simpler for the régies. This is a possibility to consider.

So good luck, and you might need temporary accomodation or share before you manage to get the paperwork done and actually find a place to rent!

Francois

Francois F, Jun 19, 2020 @ 11:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 881 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form