Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Review, the totally online FREE COOP Bank account with smartphone

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Review, the totally online FREE COOP Bank account with smartphone
I was in postfinance but they charge 5 chf / month and soon 20 chf / month

I heard about this account Zak working in smartphone (android and Iphone)

I was hesitating but it's banque Coop named Cler bank (the supermarkets Coop) and I call them many times for infotmations, it's absolutely free
No fees : free card, free credit card, NOT only the first year but all years !
No fees independantly of the amount in your account. You can put and take little or big ammounts for free too

I opened the account from my phone, I make a call (like skype) and I scanned my ID, after 2 days I received my cards !
I already use it, I changed my automatic bills payement (rent, internet, electricity etc to it very quickly) and I'll close my postfinance account very soon

The big advantage for now :
1.it's Coop bank so very safe, no risks
2. I manage everything from my mobile phone (safety is top and even mobile lost or stolen no access possible, it's a Swiss bank ;-)
3. Excellent to share fees with friends
4. MY FAVOURITE : scan and pay bills with ophone camera ! It take time and risky to enter all this bills codes and numbers...

For sponsorship to win 75 chf when you open your account (you'll receive money first hours when you open your account) : write me an email : [email protected]

(
I'm a consumer and had no professional or commercial link at all woth this bank or coop, it's just my review because I really like it, also I'll be happy to sponsor you)

The text you are quoting:

I was hesitating but it's banque Coop named Cler bank (the supermarkets Coop) and I call them many times for infotmations, it's absolutely free
No fees independantly of the amount in your account. You can put and take little or big ammounts for free too

I opened the account from my phone, I make a call (like skype) and I scanned my ID, after 2 days I received my cards !
I already use it, I changed my automatic bills payement (rent, internet, electricity etc to it very quickly) and I'll close my postfinance account very soon

2. I manage everything from my mobile phone (safety is top and even mobile lost or stolen no access possible, it's a Swiss bank ;-)
4. MY FAVOURITE : scan and pay bills with ophone camera ! It take time and risky to enter all this bills codes and numbers...

For sponsorship to win 75 chf when you open your account (you'll receive money first hours when you open your account) : write me an email : [email protected]

(
I'm a consumer and had no professional or commercial link at all woth this bank or coop, it's just my review because I really like it, also I'll be happy to sponsor you)
Fares AAug 8, 2018 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1240 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Review, the totally online FREE COOP Bank account with smartphone
Post 1

Is this account available to people living outside Switzerland do you know please?

Is this account available to people living outside Switzerland do you know please?

sheila c, Aug 9, 2018 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think they ask for an adress in Switzerland.

I think they ask for an adress in Switzerland.

Fares A, Aug 9, 2018 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I opened the account from my phone, I make a call (like skype) and I scanned my ID, after 2 days I received my cards ! I already use it, I changed my automatic bills payement (rent, internet, electricity etc to it very quickly) and I'll close my postfinance account very soon

(
Aug 8, 18 21:11

Thanks, I was in the same situation - postfinance - and I will probably try this new account.

Thanks, I was in the same situation - postfinance - and I will probably try this new account.

Kris R, Oct 24, 2018 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Fares,

Thanks for your contribution, the subject is interesting. let me share my point of view to the points you raised:

- From what I understood from you, it looks like opening an account at coop bank is easier than elsewhere.

- Your "advantages" points:

--> What makes you think that a coop bank is very safe? I don't see how you get to that conclusion? and how is it safer than postfinance?

--> Managing your bank account on your mobile phone via the bank's app is everywhere. For Postfinance for example, the app. lets you do all the functionalities.

--> How so? Anyways, with Twint in the market, it's already easy :-).

--> This functionality already exists on Postfinance app (for years now).

I must have skipped something in your findings, but I don't see the added value of this Coop Bank.

Cheers

Hi Fares,

Thanks for your contribution, the subject is interesting. let me share my point of view to the points you raised:

- From what I understood from you, it looks like opening an account at coop bank is easier than elsewhere.

--> What makes you think that a coop bank is very safe? I don't see how you get to that conclusion? and how is it safer than postfinance?

--> Managing your bank account on your mobile phone via the bank's app is everywhere. For Postfinance for example, the app. lets you do all the functionalities.

I must have skipped something in your findings, but I don't see the added value of this Coop Bank.

Cheers

Sinan, Oct 24, 2018 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

The letter i received this week says "current costs 5.- and over 7500.-" and from the 01st Jan 2019 it will be 5.- no matter what amount you have in youre bank, where does the 20.- come from?

The letter i received this week says "current costs 5.- and over 7500.-" and from the 01st Jan 2019 it will be 5.- no matter what amount you have in youre bank, where does the 20.- come from?

Oonagh, Oct 24, 2018 @ 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

"current costs 5.- and over 7500.-" costs nothing.

"current costs 5.- and over 7500.-" costs nothing.

Oonagh, Oct 24, 2018 @ 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

So I just set up account Cler. It's cool that if someone owning account sends you a code and you put it upon opening the account into your app, you and this person receives 50chf.

If not, I know that Migros offers also a free account, but you have to pay in case of cancellation it.

So I just set up account Cler. It's cool that if someone owning account sends you a code and you put it upon opening the account into your app, you and this person receives 50chf.

If not, I know that Migros offers also a free account, but you have to pay in case of cancellation it.

Kris R, Nov 9, 2018 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Fares,

Cheers

Oct 24, 18 15:57

Twint works only like a credit card's alternative or can you also use it to make money transfers to someone's bank account?

Twint works only like a credit card's alternative or can you also use it to make money transfers to someone's bank account?

Kris R, Nov 9, 2018 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1240 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form