Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Robert Kennedy College?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Robert Kennedy College?

I looked at enrolling for an online business degree (MBA, etc.) and Robert Kennedy College (www.college.ch) comes up constantly.

It looks very professional and appears to be associated with Uni. of Wales and Uni. of Cumbria, who is said to have validated their courses and which will award the degrees.

So.. what do the Glocals hivemind think?    Are the RKC degrees internationally accredited, recognized in business life and considered useful?

The people in this thread have mixed opinions:

http://www.degreeinfo.com/distance-learning-discussions/5190-swiss-article-robert-kennedy-college-not-favorable.html

The text you are quoting:

I looked at enrolling for an online business degree (MBA, etc.) and Robert Kennedy College (www.college.ch) comes up constantly.

It looks very professional and appears to be associated with Uni. of Wales and Uni. of Cumbria, who is said to have validated their courses and which will award the degrees.

So.. what do the Glocals hivemind think?    Are the RKC degrees internationally accredited, recognized in business life and considered useful?

The people in this thread have mixed opinions:

http://www.degreeinfo.com/distance-learning-discussions/5190-swiss-article-robert-kennedy-college-not-favorable.html

FerneyLApr 1, 2011 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 18301 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Robert Kennedy College?
Post 1

I just finished perusing their website. It's a bit odd, I think, to be named Robert F. Kennedy College and make no mention of the great man anywhere.  Or did I miss that?

I just finished perusing their website. It's a bit odd, I think, to be named Robert F. Kennedy College and make no mention of the great man anywhere.  Or did I miss that?

Translator, Apr 1, 2011 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Apr 1, 11 16:21

I agree, esp. considering the goodwill the JFK-name has. In the linked thread, it is mentioned that someone asked RKC about this and was told RKC was named after another Robert Kennedy, but not after JFK. This other person was not alluded to.

I agree, esp. considering the goodwill the JFK-name has. In the linked thread, it is mentioned that someone asked RKC about this and was told RKC was named after another Robert Kennedy, but not after JFK. This other person was not alluded to.

FerneyL, Apr 1, 2011 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Robert (F.) Kennedy and JFK is, of course, two different persons (was posting, while multitasking.. badly, it seems)

Robert (F.) Kennedy and JFK is, of course, two different persons (was posting, while multitasking.. badly, it seems)

FerneyL, Apr 1, 2011 @ 17:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Some further digging seems to show that the degrees for studies at RKC and awarded by Univ of Wales and Univ of Cumbria are for validated, but not (yet) accredited coursework, even though the two universites are properly accredited themselves. I'll ask RKC and the universities directly. Tricky details.

[Maybe I'll accredit myself and let me award me a detective degree.]

RKC is apparently named, not after Robert F. Kennedy, but after a businessman from New York, said a random guy on the internet.

The competing Swiss Business School, which claims accreditation, is about twice as expensive (30.0000+ CHF vs. 12.000 EUR) for a similar online MBA.

Some further digging seems to show that the degrees for studies at RKC and awarded by Univ of Wales and Univ of Cumbria are for validated, but not (yet) accredited coursework, even though the two universites are properly accredited themselves. I'll ask RKC and the universities directly. Tricky details.

RKC is apparently named, not after Robert F. Kennedy, but after a businessman from New York, said a random guy on the internet.

The competing Swiss Business School, which claims accreditation, is about twice as expensive (30.0000+ CHF vs. 12.000 EUR) for a similar online MBA.

FerneyL, Apr 2, 2011 @ 22:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Apr 2, 11 22:28

With that photo don't enroll at KFC!  You could become an American, incorporate yourself (corporations are people too) and make your tuition a business expense tax deductible! Without paying a dime you've already learnt two business lessons!

With that photo don't enroll at KFC!  You could become an American, incorporate yourself (corporations are people too) and make your tuition a business expense tax deductible! Without paying a dime you've already learnt two business lessons!

Marksist, Apr 7, 2011 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

KFC?  Kentucky Fried Chicken?!

Translator, Apr 7, 2011 @ 14:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Apr 7, 11 14:33

What else?!

What else?!

Marksist, Apr 7, 2011 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I was not suggesting so :)

I was merely expressing frustration over the accreditation system and the variability of international, regional, cantonal, university, and private accreditations.. a spaghetti of recognition, non-recognition, opinions and the most unfortunate diploma mill+private accreditation phenomenon.

For me, to spend precious free time and money on a programme, and a lot of it, too - it has to be able to deliver on content and recognition. So, I'm trying to exert due diligence before committing and this entails asking naïve questions.

I was not suggesting so :)

I was merely expressing frustration over the accreditation system and the variability of international, regional, cantonal, university, and private accreditations.. a spaghetti of recognition, non-recognition, opinions and the most unfortunate diploma mill+private accreditation phenomenon.

For me, to spend precious free time and money on a programme, and a lot of it, too - it has to be able to deliver on content and recognition. So, I'm trying to exert due diligence before committing and this entails asking naïve questions.

FerneyL, Apr 8, 2011 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Apr 7, 11 14:02

I'm trying to attract poulettes with this picture..

(and yes, I'm not necessarily convinced that the benefits of the concept of the 'legal personality' outweighs the cons.. but maybe a business degree will fix that.. with the obvious intent to send a bid to my corporate soulmate and perform a merger :p)

(and yes, I'm not necessarily convinced that the benefits of the concept of the 'legal personality' outweighs the cons.. but maybe a business degree will fix that.. with the obvious intent to send a bid to my corporate soulmate and perform a merger :p)

FerneyL, Apr 8, 2011 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Apr 8, 11 11:49

(Seeing that there are several possible interpretations of 'poulette', I just want to clarify, that I meant 'chicks'.. before I get grilled) :)

Now back on topic.

(Seeing that there are several possible interpretations of 'poulette', I just want to clarify, that I meant 'chicks'.. before I get grilled) :)

Now back on topic.

FerneyL, Apr 8, 2011 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

. . .  did you mean grilled chicken ?  We are back to KFC !

As a person in the know, attending a so-called "university" that is not accredited under one of the European / international / US associations is like showing up with a drivers license from Timbuktoo.  As long as you don't need it for something official, recogniseable/registered, to drive. . . .  then best find a real university.

There are only a few accredited universities in Geneva and it would appear that KFC is not one of them.  But they will take your money !!!

. . .  did you mean grilled chicken ?  We are back to KFC !

As a person in the know, attending a so-called "university" that is not accredited under one of the European / international / US associations is like showing up with a drivers license from Timbuktoo.  As long as you don't need it for something official, recogniseable/registered, to drive. . . .  then best find a real university.

There are only a few accredited universities in Geneva and it would appear that KFC is not one of them.  But they will take your money !!!

Poster, Apr 10, 2011 @ 03:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 18301 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form