Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Safely storing bikes in Champel

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Safely storing bikes in Champel

Hi!

We live in Champel, right next to Gare Champel and are looking for ways to savely store our bikes. While there is a small bike room in our building, it is very hard to access and not an option for every day use. 

Most other CEVA train stations have velostations, but Champel Gare somehow doesn't have anything? Does anyone know if there are plans to build one? 

There are also parking options in many of the car parking garages - for a yearly fee of 200CHF. But there is nothing in Champel. 

Any ideas would be most welcome. Also would be interested to hear how you safely store your bikes.

Thanks!

Sebastian

The text you are quoting:

Hi!

We live in Champel, right next to Gare Champel and are looking for ways to savely store our bikes. While there is a small bike room in our building, it is very hard to access and not an option for every day use. 

Most other CEVA train stations have velostations, but Champel Gare somehow doesn't have anything? Does anyone know if there are plans to build one? 

There are also parking options in many of the car parking garages - for a yearly fee of 200CHF. But there is nothing in Champel. 

Any ideas would be most welcome. Also would be interested to hear how you safely store your bikes.

Thanks!

Sebastian

Sebastian HofbauerMay 2, 2022 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 928 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Safely storing bikes in Champel
Post 1

I've had four bikes stolen in Geneva, including one from a bike room. 

Crime is pretty low here in general, but bikes are a target. There used to be a problem where seat and seatpoles were been stolen which was really annoying ... but this seems to have stopped.

If possible I'd keep it in your apartment if it is a valuable bike.

I've had four bikes stolen in Geneva, including one from a bike room. 

Crime is pretty low here in general, but bikes are a target. There used to be a problem where seat and seatpoles were been stolen which was really annoying ... but this seems to have stopped.

If possible I'd keep it in your apartment if it is a valuable bike.

Sean C, May 3, 2022 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Safely storing bikes in Champel
Post 2

Have only had one bike stolen.  locked and attached to a railing.  Live in Champel and we have a bike store in the garage as well as a bike store room also in the general garage.  Some ten years ago all the bikes locked outside the building (20) were stolen - we have a shortage of space in the bike storeroom. A van drove up and loaded them all in.  As Sean says appartment is best bet.  Not sure how far you have to travel each day but a folding bike is an option also transpoprting them is free on trains.  I have heard that insurance companies are pretty good in the case of theft

Have only had one bike stolen.  locked and attached to a railing.  Live in Champel and we have a bike store in the garage as well as a bike store room also in the general garage.  Some ten years ago all the bikes locked outside the building (20) were stolen - we have a shortage of space in the bike storeroom. A van drove up and loaded them all in.  As Sean says appartment is best bet.  Not sure how far you have to travel each day but a folding bike is an option also transpoprting them is free on trains.  I have heard that insurance companies are pretty good in the case of theft

Paul E, May 3, 2022 @ 18:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 928 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form