Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Salt/Orange: A warning

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Salt/Orange: A warning

Just wanted to ensure that anybody thinking about changing their mobile phone provider thinks very carefully before they choose Salt. I have had an absolute nightmare with them. No telephone for more than a week and no internet access for 11 days (because they "forgot" to set it up despite all my calls). They caused me to be locked out of my online bank account, noone could contact me by any means and I've had so many phone calls with them where they clearly neither know (nor care) what they're doing. This is following a Le Matin article recently on how awful they are.

So beware!

The text you are quoting:

Just wanted to ensure that anybody thinking about changing their mobile phone provider thinks very carefully before they choose Salt. I have had an absolute nightmare with them. No telephone for more than a week and no internet access for 11 days (because they "forgot" to set it up despite all my calls). They caused me to be locked out of my online bank account, noone could contact me by any means and I've had so many phone calls with them where they clearly neither know (nor care) what they're doing. This is following a Le Matin article recently on how awful they are.

So beware!

karen pJun 26, 2015 @ 09:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

83 Replies | 20055 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Salt/Orange: A warning
Post 1

Rebranding to cover up their shortfalls. They are terrible terrible terrible. They are made for places like switzerland, as they are making a killing here. 

You know things were/are bad when the new name you choose is something that is a thing we have serious issues with currently and is slowly killing us. Top stuff.

"god, just rebrand us as literally anything else, seriously, we need to distance ourselves from Orange as much as possible..."

Rebranding to cover up their shortfalls. They are terrible terrible terrible. They are made for places like switzerland, as they are making a killing here. 

You know things were/are bad when the new name you choose is something that is a thing we have serious issues with currently and is slowly killing us. Top stuff.

"god, just rebrand us as literally anything else, seriously, we need to distance ourselves from Orange as much as possible..."

Farzam F, Jun 26, 2015 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I have a pre-paid account with Salt/Orange, and when i used up the months allocation of 3G (1 Gb which is most availale) before the month was up, i went in to see if i could just pay again and restart - the answer was categorically NO!! couldn't do anything at all to have internet on my phone for 2 weeks.. I have had better mobile internet (and much cheaper) in Iraq, Mali & Tajikistan in the past 12 months..  What century do these people live in?

I have a pre-paid account with Salt/Orange, and when i used up the months allocation of 3G (1 Gb which is most availale) before the month was up, i went in to see if i could just pay again and restart - the answer was categorically NO!! couldn't do anything at all to have internet on my phone for 2 weeks.. I have had better mobile internet (and much cheaper) in Iraq, Mali & Tajikistan in the past 12 months..  What century do these people live in?

Lez Levick, Jun 26, 2015 @ 16:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Salt: yet another French company after all. Stick to Swisscom, they are the real deal here.

Salt: yet another French company after all. Stick to Swisscom, they are the real deal here.

Adrien L, Jun 26, 2015 @ 17:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Just to balance the issue... Five years with Orange, now Salt. No problems Smile

Just to balance the issue... Five years with Orange, now Salt. No problems Smile

James Olle, Jun 26, 2015 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I have also been with Orange/now Salt since 2001; no issues at all.  Their staff in Nyon have always been very helpful.

I have also been with Orange/now Salt since 2001; no issues at all.  Their staff in Nyon have always been very helpful.

Glenys M, Jun 26, 2015 @ 19:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I'm with Orange/Salt for the past 7 years, never had an issue. On the rare occasions where I needed their customer service on the phone, it all worked well and in English. 

I'm with Orange/Salt for the past 7 years, never had an issue. On the rare occasions where I needed their customer service on the phone, it all worked well and in English. 

Nir Ofek, Jun 26, 2015 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Google: Orange facebook page. See how many posts on that page talk about anything other than putting Orange down.

Plus they got in trouble over their international data charges, then there is the whole Israel thing... seemed a good deal for years, people found out, Orange ran like mad from the deal. Except I unfortunately think that due to running away from a contract, they might have handed a wedge of money to Israel.

Let me put it this way...If everything was going swimmingly, why did they rebrand?

oh and they were recently sued too, not sure if it is still ongoing.

Top company. Wonder if they are hiring...

Google: Orange facebook page. See how many posts on that page talk about anything other than putting Orange down.

Plus they got in trouble over their international data charges, then there is the whole Israel thing... seemed a good deal for years, people found out, Orange ran like mad from the deal. Except I unfortunately think that due to running away from a contract, they might have handed a wedge of money to Israel.

Let me put it this way...If everything was going swimmingly, why did they rebrand?

oh and they were recently sued too, not sure if it is still ongoing.

Top company. Wonder if they are hiring...

Farzam F, Jun 27, 2015 @ 02:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

no farzam, you're mixing unrelared facts and drawing wrong conclusions. salt may offer good or bad service, i don't know personally. but none of the points you raise are related to that. 

--- it's not that the big global orange re-branded in ch. here's the short version of how forbes explains the ch rebranding: orange ch is managed and owned by a local entity which has NOTHING to do with orange global, except paying orange global chf 20million each year for use of the orange brand. ornage ch got a new owner last year who said it's crazy to pay so much each year for a brand that he judges to not add much value, so orange ch decided to give back the orange brand to orange global and save chf20m each year. if reputation was the driver behind the move, as you say, salt's huge campaign of "orange is now salt" would not be aired. 

--- orange's adventures in israel have nothing to do with orange ch / salt. as said, it's 2 totally different companies. 

--- client complaints on salt's fb page prove nothing. sunsrise and swisscom have the same complaints. 

i'm not saying salt is good or bad, i'm just saying the points you brought are not relevant. 

no farzam, you're mixing unrelared facts and drawing wrong conclusions. salt may offer good or bad service, i don't know personally. but none of the points you raise are related to that. 

--- it's not that the big global orange re-branded in ch. here's the short version of how forbes explains the ch rebranding: orange ch is managed and owned by a local entity which has NOTHING to do with orange global, except paying orange global chf 20million each year for use of the orange brand. ornage ch got a new owner last year who said it's crazy to pay so much each year for a brand that he judges to not add much value, so orange ch decided to give back the orange brand to orange global and save chf20m each year. if reputation was the driver behind the move, as you say, salt's huge campaign of "orange is now salt" would not be aired. 

--- orange's adventures in israel have nothing to do with orange ch / salt. as said, it's 2 totally different companies. 

--- client complaints on salt's fb page prove nothing. sunsrise and swisscom have the same complaints. 

i'm not saying salt is good or bad, i'm just saying the points you brought are not relevant. 

Mark Spencer, Jun 27, 2015 @ 08:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

If you had an established brand for such a long time, cutting yourelf off is a clear indication that it really isnt a brand you want to be associated with, and buying into established names is all the rage. I would take that as a bad sign.

Beats by Dr Dre are terrible terrible $15 headphones. Stick a big name on them and people pay $200. 

The disassociation is the same thing companies say in India or Pakistan: Oh no, thats not us. That is like a subisidiary or contracters. We have no responsibility.

If you visit the page it is inundated with Israel/Palestine messages. So the explanation was for that reason. But then again i do care about what companies are up to when I want their products, so i would say it is pertinent but maybe only ot me.

I love the use of swisscom as a deflection. They can both do bad things and things badly.

If you had an established brand for such a long time, cutting yourelf off is a clear indication that it really isnt a brand you want to be associated with, and buying into established names is all the rage. I would take that as a bad sign.

Beats by Dr Dre are terrible terrible $15 headphones. Stick a big name on them and people pay $200. 

The disassociation is the same thing companies say in India or Pakistan: Oh no, thats not us. That is like a subisidiary or contracters. We have no responsibility.

If you visit the page it is inundated with Israel/Palestine messages. So the explanation was for that reason. But then again i do care about what companies are up to when I want their products, so i would say it is pertinent but maybe only ot me.

I love the use of swisscom as a deflection. They can both do bad things and things badly.

Farzam F, Jun 27, 2015 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Though hats off to them for Orange Tuesdays. Now that was a top idea.

Though hats off to them for Orange Tuesdays. Now that was a top idea.

Farzam F, Jun 27, 2015 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Used to have a plan with Orange that offered me 10 GB data and 150 MB of roaming. Once they became Salt I was contacted by one of the representatives letting me know that they would "upgrade" me to an unlimited data plan for the same price!

I asked if anything else changed (b/c it sounded too good to be true). They confirmed it didn't. So I obliged. 

Next month I find out that I do have unlimited data but lost the 150MB of roaming. Considering I go into France once in a while I was charged 60CHF for 25 MB of roaming. 

Thankfully Salt admitted to their mistake (that the rep wasn't aware that I'd lose the roaming) and credited me the fee, but once I asked to be put back on my original plan of 150MB roaming they declined.

Apparently Salt doesn't offer that deal anymore.

F!

So Salt pretty much lied to my face just to get me out of a plan that they wanted to phaze out.

All in all, I'd say their Customer Servce isn't terrible (just make sure you talk to someone that actually speaks english), but not a fan of how it all went down.

Used to have a plan with Orange that offered me 10 GB data and 150 MB of roaming. Once they became Salt I was contacted by one of the representatives letting me know that they would "upgrade" me to an unlimited data plan for the same price!

I asked if anything else changed (b/c it sounded too good to be true). They confirmed it didn't. So I obliged. 

Next month I find out that I do have unlimited data but lost the 150MB of roaming. Considering I go into France once in a while I was charged 60CHF for 25 MB of roaming. 

Thankfully Salt admitted to their mistake (that the rep wasn't aware that I'd lose the roaming) and credited me the fee, but once I asked to be put back on my original plan of 150MB roaming they declined.

Apparently Salt doesn't offer that deal anymore.

F!

So Salt pretty much lied to my face just to get me out of a plan that they wanted to phaze out.

All in all, I'd say their Customer Servce isn't terrible (just make sure you talk to someone that actually speaks english), but not a fan of how it all went down.

CH K, Jun 27, 2015 @ 16:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Was with Orange and now with Salt only because they offer more flexibility than Swisscom and are cheaper. However, their customer service is not great but better since I now always opt for an English speaking customer service person. 

Was with Orange and now with Salt only because they offer more flexibility than Swisscom and are cheaper. However, their customer service is not great but better since I now always opt for an English speaking customer service person. 

delseta9_, Jun 28, 2015 @ 20:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Jun 26, 15 15:27

Orange Switzerland changed ownership, it's not a "rebranding".

catalin, Jun 28, 2015 @ 23:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Jun 28, 15 23:20

@catalin: don't confuse farzam with the facts. he has such a nice story going with orange switzerland rebranding because their client service was terribe. 

@catalin: don't confuse farzam with the facts. he has such a nice story going with orange switzerland rebranding because their client service was terribe. 

Mark Spencer, Jun 28, 2015 @ 23:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I went into a salt shop, lured by the try us for 60 days no strings attached.

But the guy in the shop admitted that my Swisscom infinity package could not be matched by salt, price or features, and so I'll stick with Swisscom.

I went into a salt shop, lured by the try us for 60 days no strings attached.

But the guy in the shop admitted that my Swisscom infinity package could not be matched by salt, price or features, and so I'll stick with Swisscom.

Matt C, Jun 29, 2015 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Been with Orange for over three years and no problems but on my last bill they charged me 100chf for roaming for the UK when I dont even remember using it. I have the open ended monthly contract through the post office.

Been with Orange for over three years and no problems but on my last bill they charged me 100chf for roaming for the UK when I dont even remember using it. I have the open ended monthly contract through the post office.

Jan S, Jun 29, 2015 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Jun 28, 15 23:20

pff ok. 

It has the same staff, the same infrastructure, the same store locations. The main things that changed was the owner, name, and colour scheme.

This gives an idea of how far behind the others they were:
http://lenews.ch/2015/04/02/orange-to-disappear-from-switzerland/ 

And this is a the local article on... the rebranding 
http://www.thelocal.ch/20150331/orange-set-to-ditch-name-in-rebranding

or 20 minutes under "rebranding": (also mentions the consumer negativity)
http://www.20min.ch/finance/news/story/-Orange-will-selbst-ueber-seine-Marke-entscheiden--16377055

Something can be bought and just rebranded.

Either:
it is a complete new system they are placing internally in which case it will take months to adjust. Do you want to be part of their learning curve?

Or:
it is the same thing but with a shiny new name and owner in which case, however many years of consumer feedback on their social media pages is totally relevant.

They gave up Orange to save money but the rebrand would have cost them maybe double the saving, so that is quite an expense to break away from an established brand.

You may not agree, but these are all searchable so feel free to accept, decline, mock, do as you wish. It is how upto you how you interpret them.

And I, personally, take it is as a sign that the company wasn't doing well in a multitude of ways. Which would make me hesitant as a potential customer.

pff ok. 

It has the same staff, the same infrastructure, the same store locations. The main things that changed was the owner, name, and colour scheme.

This gives an idea of how far behind the others they were:
http://lenews.ch/2015/04/02/orange-to-disappear-from-switzerland/ 

And this is a the local article on... the rebranding 
http://www.thelocal.ch/20150331/orange-set-to-ditch-name-in-rebranding

or 20 minutes under "rebranding": (also mentions the consumer negativity)
http://www.20min.ch/finance/news/story/-Orange-will-selbst-ueber-seine-Marke-entscheiden--16377055

Something can be bought and just rebranded.

Either:
it is a complete new system they are placing internally in which case it will take months to adjust. Do you want to be part of their learning curve?

Or:
it is the same thing but with a shiny new name and owner in which case, however many years of consumer feedback on their social media pages is totally relevant.

They gave up Orange to save money but the rebrand would have cost them maybe double the saving, so that is quite an expense to break away from an established brand.

You may not agree, but these are all searchable so feel free to accept, decline, mock, do as you wish. It is how upto you how you interpret them.

And I, personally, take it is as a sign that the company wasn't doing well in a multitude of ways. Which would make me hesitant as a potential customer.

Farzam F, Jun 29, 2015 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Farzam, no one's asking you to join Salt. Take a breath!

Farzam, no one's asking you to join Salt. Take a breath!

James Olle, Jun 30, 2015 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

so the post on this thread that got the most "thanks" is the one asking Farzam to breath a little.

Farzam: maybe an oppportunity here for some personal re-branding...(-:

so the post on this thread that got the most "thanks" is the one asking Farzam to breath a little.

Nir Ofek, Jun 30, 2015 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Jun 30, 15 22:04

Hear, hear to the r re-branding so long as it’s not a monological revamp.

Hear, hear to the r re-branding so long as it’s not a monological revamp.

Ritchie, Jul 1, 2015 @ 05:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Lol I need advise!!

My story kills my inner me. Have had the most worse  time with Orange in my life.

I took a loan device October 2014  returned it The same month, recently I received a message I have device I ignored first knowing that Orange/salt is never serious.. A month bill 625 plus my monthly fee.,so I had to walk to their store I gave them the paper showing I returned the device... OK just go home we will go through and see where the problem is and call you.nothing no calls I get a reminder! Called the customer care..No help

Lol I need advise!!

My story kills my inner me. Have had the most worse  time with Orange in my life.

I took a loan device October 2014  returned it The same month, recently I received a message I have device I ignored first knowing that Orange/salt is never serious.. A month bill 625 plus my monthly fee.,so I had to walk to their store I gave them the paper showing I returned the device... OK just go home we will go through and see where the problem is and call you.nothing no calls I get a reminder! Called the customer care..No help
LIZ N, Jul 1, 2015 @ 10:19

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Jun 26, 15 17:39

I have also been with them for 6 years.

I have the Europe Unltd contract and it is fantastic.

I have also been with them for 6 years.

I have the Europe Unltd contract and it is fantastic.

nickg_44, Jul 1, 2015 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

And for a little bit of context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akiVi1sR2rM

the relevant part starts at 2;40 or if you are impatient, start at 3:45

And for a little bit of context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akiVi1sR2rM

the relevant part starts at 2;40 or if you are impatient, start at 3:45

JR M, Jul 1, 2015 @ 15:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

8 thanks, blimey, isn't that a record? Wink

Aah Nir, let me just re think my entire life due to a handful of people on the internet. I may not survive the day... Innocent  especially since i'm forcing people to read it all...

I just dislike companies shedding their skin in part due to negative images, and pretending nothing had happended (and people doing the same through anecdotal evidence). This is how bad things carry on for so long.

To give you an exaggerated example, Malaysia arilines is thinking about rebranding to escape all the neagativity of the crashes... I think most people will want to be made aware of association of any new companies to Malaysia airlines and why.

Anyhoo this kinda stuff is about 2 mins of my time ("yeah thats clear...chuckle" from the crowd) so it is no biggy for me.

8 thanks, blimey, isn't that a record? Wink

Aah Nir, let me just re think my entire life due to a handful of people on the internet. I may not survive the day... Innocent  especially since i'm forcing people to read it all...

I just dislike companies shedding their skin in part due to negative images, and pretending nothing had happended (and people doing the same through anecdotal evidence). This is how bad things carry on for so long.

To give you an exaggerated example, Malaysia arilines is thinking about rebranding to escape all the neagativity of the crashes... I think most people will want to be made aware of association of any new companies to Malaysia airlines and why.

Anyhoo this kinda stuff is about 2 mins of my time ("yeah thats clear...chuckle" from the crowd) so it is no biggy for me.

Farzam F, Jul 1, 2015 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Anyway I'm off on holiday for 3 months (can you tell i needed one) so you won't have too much of my inane chat to deal with.

have fun and enjoy the sun!

Anyway I'm off on holiday for 3 months (can you tell i needed one) so you won't have too much of my inane chat to deal with.

have fun and enjoy the sun!

Farzam F, Jul 1, 2015 @ 18:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Oh, why is Orange still an offical partner of Glocals, the name changed, its now SALT.

Just recently I called up CoopMobile that is partnered with SALT.

When I called the customer service, I asked if I can change my subscription from subscription to prepay. My contract was 24months, from 22.7.2013 til 21.7.2015

contract they just renewed it, but also with the Salt and coopmobile partnership, they changed the General conditions, which was contrart to my Written contract. I had notice period of 30days. From end of the 24mo. so just had to notify one month before each month end contractual period of 22 of each month. but they then said, that the General conditions changed, and are now 60days. Which I never received a letter or email notification. They said, in the contract, that CoopMobile can change the general conditions, and i was responsible to review the General conditions. I said, are they joking. I can not see, if I was not informed in any way, that I am responsible for 'extended periods'. And I dont compare there tiny worded, but 2 page 'General Conditions' unless I would be informed. Its just insane, and this all is a result of SALT.

Well I can say really really bad things but i think its clear, SALT are scammers and employ terrible business practices, and just discusting customer services.

Oh, I didnt get any mobile, just a plain subscription.

Infact I was going to take a new offer they had, that was much more interesting, but now I can say, I will go to Sunrise or Swisscom.

Oh, why is Orange still an offical partner of Glocals, the name changed, its now SALT.

Just recently I called up CoopMobile that is partnered with SALT.

When I called the customer service, I asked if I can change my subscription from subscription to prepay. My contract was 24months, from 22.7.2013 til 21.7.2015

contract they just renewed it, but also with the Salt and coopmobile partnership, they changed the General conditions, which was contrart to my Written contract. I had notice period of 30days. From end of the 24mo. so just had to notify one month before each month end contractual period of 22 of each month. but they then said, that the General conditions changed, and are now 60days. Which I never received a letter or email notification. They said, in the contract, that CoopMobile can change the general conditions, and i was responsible to review the General conditions. I said, are they joking. I can not see, if I was not informed in any way, that I am responsible for 'extended periods'. And I dont compare there tiny worded, but 2 page 'General Conditions' unless I would be informed. Its just insane, and this all is a result of SALT.

Well I can say really really bad things but i think its clear, SALT are scammers and employ terrible business practices, and just discusting customer services.

Oh, I didnt get any mobile, just a plain subscription.

Infact I was going to take a new offer they had, that was much more interesting, but now I can say, I will go to Sunrise or Swisscom.

Dave G, Jan 31, 2016 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Lol I need advise!!

Jul 1, 15 10:19

My brother doesn't bother with the little people at Salt anymore he just sends a mail, copying the CEO, etc telling them that his lawyer will be in touch if they don't stop harrassing him and lo and behold the problem disappears.

My brother doesn't bother with the little people at Salt anymore he just sends a mail, copying the CEO, etc telling them that his lawyer will be in touch if they don't stop harrassing him and lo and behold the problem disappears.

delseta9_, Jan 31, 2016 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Hello,

this is an old post, but i had to reply: I took this offer last Christmas, 29.- for the Swiss Plus package (everything unlimited in Switzerland) and despite all your negative comments ... I'm happy with it :-) I never had a single issue, coverage is good (I switched from Swisscom to Salt) but then again, I don't have any experience with the support, as it seems everyone complains about it. For me, the real daylight rubbers were Swisscom. Never again.

when I travel, I switch to a local prepay now. I had too much bad surprises with Swisscom.

Hello,

this is an old post, but i had to reply: I took this offer last Christmas, 29.- for the Swiss Plus package (everything unlimited in Switzerland) and despite all your negative comments ... I'm happy with it :-) I never had a single issue, coverage is good (I switched from Swisscom to Salt) but then again, I don't have any experience with the support, as it seems everyone complains about it. For me, the real daylight rubbers were Swisscom. Never again.

when I travel, I switch to a local prepay now. I had too much bad surprises with Swisscom.

Silvio B, Jun 5, 2016 @ 01:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Salt has improved in my opinion. The customer service is better

Salt has improved in my opinion. The customer service is better

delseta9_, Jun 6, 2016 @ 20:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

They're shit

They're shit

Max B, Jun 24, 2016 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Robi: leave the guy alone...(-: He just said he had no issue with Salt, and in return you accuse him of patronizing and you imply he has hidden agendas. Big conclusion to draw from someone saying he had no issue with Salt.

Robi: leave the guy alone...(-: He just said he had no issue with Salt, and in return you accuse him of patronizing and you imply he has hidden agendas. Big conclusion to draw from someone saying he had no issue with Salt.

Nir Ofek, Jun 24, 2016 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Hi everyone,

I see that this is an old post but I had to reply. I have also had the worst expereince with Salt/ Orange, whatever they call themselves they're basically the devil. In my expereince all mobile companies are kind of sleazy but these guys definitely take the crown.

While they were still Orange I had loads of problems with billing. They would keep sending me the same bills over and over again insisting I hadn't payed them. At one point they were saying I owed them 850 CHF in unpaid bills! It took about 4 months of phone calls and a good part of my sanity until it was finally resolved.

Once they became Salt the billing situation improved and I had no more problems on that front. However my 2 year contract with them expried this April. I was out of the country so only called to cancel at the beginning of May. Apparently I was supposed to call and cancel in February if I wanted my contract which was already ending in April to REALLY end in April. Basically I'm on the hook for another 4 months of bills April - August, even though I'm not using the phone! 

I called their customer services to complain but they are just horrible. One of them once laughed at me. 

If you ask me they are basically one step up from organized crime. I will definitely NEVER use their services again.

GO to swisscom GO anywhere else! Because as soon as you have the smallest problem with Salt you're basically on your own. They will NOT help in anyway. 

Hi everyone,

I see that this is an old post but I had to reply. I have also had the worst expereince with Salt/ Orange, whatever they call themselves they're basically the devil. In my expereince all mobile companies are kind of sleazy but these guys definitely take the crown.

While they were still Orange I had loads of problems with billing. They would keep sending me the same bills over and over again insisting I hadn't payed them. At one point they were saying I owed them 850 CHF in unpaid bills! It took about 4 months of phone calls and a good part of my sanity until it was finally resolved.

Once they became Salt the billing situation improved and I had no more problems on that front. However my 2 year contract with them expried this April. I was out of the country so only called to cancel at the beginning of May. Apparently I was supposed to call and cancel in February if I wanted my contract which was already ending in April to REALLY end in April. Basically I'm on the hook for another 4 months of bills April - August, even though I'm not using the phone! 

I called their customer services to complain but they are just horrible. One of them once laughed at me. 

If you ask me they are basically one step up from organized crime. I will definitely NEVER use their services again.

GO to swisscom GO anywhere else! Because as soon as you have the smallest problem with Salt you're basically on your own. They will NOT help in anyway. 

Tijana Dragicevic, Jul 26, 2016 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

I haven't contributed to this topic in over a year, but I'm still with SALT and I'm content. They've gone a long ways and I applaud them for it.

With that said, there's no doubt SALT could improve in accomodating to Customer Service requests, but some of you are complaining about issues that are clearly outlined/defined in the Service Agreement/Contract.

Like most legally bound agreements in life, dont' sign them if you don't understand them.

I haven't contributed to this topic in over a year, but I'm still with SALT and I'm content. They've gone a long ways and I applaud them for it.

With that said, there's no doubt SALT could improve in accomodating to Customer Service requests, but some of you are complaining about issues that are clearly outlined/defined in the Service Agreement/Contract.

Like most legally bound agreements in life, dont' sign them if you don't understand them.

CH K, Jul 29, 2016 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Jul 29, 16 10:59

Agree 100%. 

Tijana: if you signed a contract that auto-renews, and you missed the deadline to cancel the contract, no phone provider will let you cancel. And that applies for all of them, not just Salt. 

Agree 100%. 

Tijana: if you signed a contract that auto-renews, and you missed the deadline to cancel the contract, no phone provider will let you cancel. And that applies for all of them, not just Salt. 

Nir Ofek, Jul 29, 2016 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Agree 100%. 

Jul 29, 16 11:02

In fact it applies to any contract not only mobile providers. I am always surprised when some people complain without an end about the evil service provider when they simply do not read the terms of their contracts.

In fact it applies to any contract not only mobile providers. I am always surprised when some people complain without an end about the evil service provider when they simply do not read the terms of their contracts.

Reka Y, Jul 29, 2016 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

No doubt, and I've definitely learned my lesson in terms of reading the fine print. However I still think the practice is shady and designed to make money off of unsuspecting costumers. When I was signing the contract in the Salt shop the only thing that they pointed out to me were the fees I would encur if I were to cancel the contract before the end date. 

Also whether my girevence is legitimate or not, in my experience their customer services is just plain horrible.

Basically they're fine, until you have a problem, at that point good luck to you.

(Another problem I had with them that I didn't mention in my first post was that I was paying for roaming for the entire duration of my contract yet it never worked when I was abroad, apparently they had blocked it for some reason, and no matter how many times I called they never managed to fix it, eventually I just stopped trying. Of course they coudln't change the contract to another plan without roaming!)  

No doubt, and I've definitely learned my lesson in terms of reading the fine print. However I still think the practice is shady and designed to make money off of unsuspecting costumers. When I was signing the contract in the Salt shop the only thing that they pointed out to me were the fees I would encur if I were to cancel the contract before the end date. 

Also whether my girevence is legitimate or not, in my experience their customer services is just plain horrible.

Basically they're fine, until you have a problem, at that point good luck to you.

(Another problem I had with them that I didn't mention in my first post was that I was paying for roaming for the entire duration of my contract yet it never worked when I was abroad, apparently they had blocked it for some reason, and no matter how many times I called they never managed to fix it, eventually I just stopped trying. Of course they coudln't change the contract to another plan without roaming!)  

Tijana Dragicevic, Jul 29, 2016 @ 11:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

I am with both swisscom and salt. Swisscom has better coverage but I hate the cost. However Salt has really improved. Most of all I love their online bill paying option. Just log in click on bills and pay now.

I also had to cancel one of my contracts at the end of the contract. it took 5 mins on phone to do it.

I am with both swisscom and salt. Swisscom has better coverage but I hate the cost. However Salt has really improved. Most of all I love their online bill paying option. Just log in click on bills and pay now.

I also had to cancel one of my contracts at the end of the contract. it took 5 mins on phone to do it.

Marcy S, Jul 29, 2016 @ 14:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

If we're going to use this time to complain and/or vent about not reading the fine print and "tricking" unsuspecting customers. I have an issue with the way some of the BUYCLUB (which I believe is still owned by this site) deals are made.

A few months ago I bought a deal to a Burrito place (sgt. Garcia)?

That deal had more fine print than an iTunes service agreement. (i'm exaggerating of course)

Majority of us are at work during weekdays, so to offer a deal on a place that only allows takeout during a 3 hour period at lunch for two people mandatory, without calling ahead or flexibility on the menue is a bit... hard to arrange.

I finally managed to find time and sadly got there at 2:45 (15 min late) on a Saturday and the guy told me my deal wouldn't be honored. Plus, half the menu wasn't available at the time for some reason. I just walked out.  

Yeah, I could have written Nir and email (and I've done that in the past - and he's been more than gracious to listen/fix things), but at that point I realized it's not worth arguing for something I clearly signed up for.

If we're going to use this time to complain and/or vent about not reading the fine print and "tricking" unsuspecting customers. I have an issue with the way some of the BUYCLUB (which I believe is still owned by this site) deals are made.

That deal had more fine print than an iTunes service agreement. (i'm exaggerating of course)

Majority of us are at work during weekdays, so to offer a deal on a place that only allows takeout during a 3 hour period at lunch for two people mandatory, without calling ahead or flexibility on the menue is a bit... hard to arrange.

I finally managed to find time and sadly got there at 2:45 (15 min late) on a Saturday and the guy told me my deal wouldn't be honored. Plus, half the menu wasn't available at the time for some reason. I just walked out.  

Yeah, I could have written Nir and email (and I've done that in the past - and he's been more than gracious to listen/fix things), but at that point I realized it's not worth arguing for something I clearly signed up for.

CH K, Jul 29, 2016 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Jul 29, 16 14:29

CH:

BuyClub.ch is indeed owned by glocals.com. It's the first time BuyClub is compared to iTunes, so I guess we're hitting the big leauges finally...(-:

The Sergent Garcia deal you're refering to is here: https://www.buyclub.ch/deals/burrito-sergent-garcia-oct-2015/

That deal was for lunch only because at the time, Sgt Garcia were open only during lunch. 

The "only lunch" was mentioned several times all over the BuyClub page, incl in the subject line. 

And our iTune length Small Print include just 6 very short (1 line each) conditions, all of them mentioned on top of the page. The 2nd of these conditions mentioned:

- "Valid for Takeaway lunch, 11h30-14h30 only"

When iTunes conditions are that clear and short, I'll switch my Samsung to an iPhone...

CH:

BuyClub.ch is indeed owned by glocals.com. It's the first time BuyClub is compared to iTunes, so I guess we're hitting the big leauges finally...(-:

The Sergent Garcia deal you're refering to is here: https://www.buyclub.ch/deals/burrito-sergent-garcia-oct-2015/

That deal was for lunch only because at the time, Sgt Garcia were open only during lunch. 

The "only lunch" was mentioned several times all over the BuyClub page, incl in the subject line. 

And our iTune length Small Print include just 6 very short (1 line each) conditions, all of them mentioned on top of the page. The 2nd of these conditions mentioned:

- "Valid for Takeaway lunch, 11h30-14h30 only"

When iTunes conditions are that clear and short, I'll switch my Samsung to an iPhone...

Nir Ofek, Jul 29, 2016 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

Yeah I understand and hence why you didn't hear a complaint from me at the time.

But since we're on the topic, Ill say it was confusing to see it advertised as 11:30-14:30 when they're not open until 14:30 on weekdays and not open from 11:30 on weekends. As mentioned i was turned away for arriving too early and then too late. A two hour window isn't the most flexible option. Specially considering that they then tell you half the menu isn't available.

I'll chalk it up as the pains of starting a business and let it be. But I haven't bought a deal since.

Yeah I understand and hence why you didn't hear a complaint from me at the time.

But since we're on the topic, Ill say it was confusing to see it advertised as 11:30-14:30 when they're not open until 14:30 on weekdays and not open from 11:30 on weekends. As mentioned i was turned away for arriving too early and then too late. A two hour window isn't the most flexible option. Specially considering that they then tell you half the menu isn't available.

I'll chalk it up as the pains of starting a business and let it be. But I haven't bought a deal since.

CH K, Jul 29, 2016 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Jul 29, 16 18:37

OK, I understand. I know we always try to be as clear, precise & short as possible when describing BuyClub deals.  

Par contre, I think there's a big gap between the way you opened your post (positioning it as a post about "tricking" clients), to what now seems to be unclarity over whether a restaurant's closing time was 14h or 14h30. 

In any case, if there's ever an issue with BuyClub deals, pls feel to contact me directly anytime. I'll do my best to solve the issue immediatly.

OK, I understand. I know we always try to be as clear, precise & short as possible when describing BuyClub deals.  

Par contre, I think there's a big gap between the way you opened your post (positioning it as a post about "tricking" clients), to what now seems to be unclarity over whether a restaurant's closing time was 14h or 14h30. 

In any case, if there's ever an issue with BuyClub deals, pls feel to contact me directly anytime. I'll do my best to solve the issue immediatly.

Nir Ofek, Jul 29, 2016 @ 18:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Swisscom is the Most expensive. Best is Sunrise (Freedom subscription, no minimal period contract, you can change any moment )

Swisscom is the Most expensive. Best is Sunrise (Freedom subscription, no minimal period contract, you can change any moment )

Petru V, Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Orange is still Orange.....if any one wishese to add salt for better taste please do and be very careful.

from the shops they smile with you only once to get the contract but the rest only God knows.

the experience i got from them still kills me...what i can say just record any calls or any disagreement on the stores..thats what helped me..if i can put it here you will leave orange in hours...and i still have the pain for paying more than 600 chf for a phone i didnt have and they had to return the money by alowing me not to pay the monthly slip which was disturbing me i could have done more with my money for the six months....

please not that they only ask your birth date to give a phone exchange if yours is not working please ask something to sign ...otherwise be ready for fight very useless.

TAKE GOOD CARE AFTER ALL ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY ON THE HARD WAY.

Orange is still Orange.....if any one wishese to add salt for better taste please do and be very careful.

from the shops they smile with you only once to get the contract but the rest only God knows.

the experience i got from them still kills me...what i can say just record any calls or any disagreement on the stores..thats what helped me..if i can put it here you will leave orange in hours...and i still have the pain for paying more than 600 chf for a phone i didnt have and they had to return the money by alowing me not to pay the monthly slip which was disturbing me i could have done more with my money for the six months....

please not that they only ask your birth date to give a phone exchange if yours is not working please ask something to sign ...otherwise be ready for fight very useless.

LIZ N, Aug 25, 2016 @ 10:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

Aug 25, 16 10:23

Interesting. I am Salt customer for over a year now privately and I had a much better service than with Swisscom: a fixed fee that covers all my endless calls with family, friends abroad (including the time when I am abroad and I do not pay any extra fee).

Phone works just fine.

I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience but seeing the outragously high Swisscom bills was much worse for me.

How was that you did not get a phone? I got my phone immediately.

Interesting. I am Salt customer for over a year now privately and I had a much better service than with Swisscom: a fixed fee that covers all my endless calls with family, friends abroad (including the time when I am abroad and I do not pay any extra fee).

Phone works just fine.

I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience but seeing the outragously high Swisscom bills was much worse for me.

How was that you did not get a phone? I got my phone immediately.

Reka Y, Aug 25, 2016 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

I have been with Salt for 3 years now and was very happy with the ABO from the post office where I can get free calls and SMS to Europe. I had a big bill the last time though, 100chf for an outgoing call to the UK which came under roaming, which was strange. When I queried it I was told that because Lausanne is so close to France sometimes the signal is strong from there and I will be charged as if I phoned from there. I made the call at the lakeside at Ouchy and I make sure roaming is always switched off. Seems unfair to me. Has anybody else experienced something like that?

I have been with Salt for 3 years now and was very happy with the ABO from the post office where I can get free calls and SMS to Europe. I had a big bill the last time though, 100chf for an outgoing call to the UK which came under roaming, which was strange. When I queried it I was told that because Lausanne is so close to France sometimes the signal is strong from there and I will be charged as if I phoned from there. I made the call at the lakeside at Ouchy and I make sure roaming is always switched off. Seems unfair to me. Has anybody else experienced something like that?

Jan S, Aug 26, 2016 @ 17:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

LycaMobile.. Been 2 years with them now, it's the Swisscom network, it just works and it's so cheap that sometimes I think it's not working properly :)

Honestly I top up approx 150chf per YEAR.. I use approx 5gb of data per month, even use data in FR / UK (3g data only there) . I only make a small amount of calls but who actually talks these days!

Non existant customer service but it just works.. Get a free sim and try it.

LycaMobile.. Been 2 years with them now, it's the Swisscom network, it just works and it's so cheap that sometimes I think it's not working properly :)

Honestly I top up approx 150chf per YEAR.. I use approx 5gb of data per month, even use data in FR / UK (3g data only there) . I only make a small amount of calls but who actually talks these days!

Non existant customer service but it just works.. Get a free sim and try it.

John H, Sep 2, 2016 @ 12:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47

Apparently, it is pretty common problem (and Salt users are not the only affected). The reason is that French antenas are allowed to have much stronger signals. Swiss health regulations do not allow so strong signals.

The solution I use is: choosing the SALT network manually under the network settings. Once you don't have a Swiss network coverage, you can change manually to another operator.

Hope it helps :)

Apparently, it is pretty common problem (and Salt users are not the only affected). The reason is that French antenas are allowed to have much stronger signals. Swiss health regulations do not allow so strong signals.

The solution I use is: choosing the SALT network manually under the network settings. Once you don't have a Swiss network coverage, you can change manually to another operator.

Hope it helps :)

Magique, Nov 22, 2016 @ 00:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48

Thaks a lot Magique,

Yes i´ll do it to avoid another unhappy invoice. but i dont´t feel anny logique sense be in Suisse and have to pay from France coverage...  Frown

Thaks a lot Magique,

Yes i´ll do it to avoid another unhappy invoice. but i dont´t feel anny logique sense be in Suisse and have to pay from France coverage...  Frown

Pedro Torrado, Nov 22, 2016 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

9 year with Swisscom , 2 years with salt . From experience they are both as bad as each other except one is slightly cheaper. Just make sure you check your bill with salt as mysterious additions occur

9 year with Swisscom , 2 years with salt . From experience they are both as bad as each other except one is slightly cheaper. Just make sure you check your bill with salt as mysterious additions occur

Jay C, Nov 22, 2016 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50

Thanks a lot Jay C

After have re-answered to Salt costumer service, re-explainig again the situation, 

Salt answered: We bloched your roaming to avoid future problems and we will re-send you a new invoice without this amount"

Final end !

Thanks a lot Jay C

After have re-answered to Salt costumer service, re-explainig again the situation, 

Salt answered: We bloched your roaming to avoid future problems and we will re-send you a new invoice without this amount"

Final end !

Pedro Torrado, Nov 23, 2016 @ 00:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51

Well done, Pedro! Happy for you.

one year ago, Salt was charging me for my calls to my voicebox (some technical problem they could not solve asap). Therefore every time it happened I called them and they would offer me 5 CHF back (minimum they could pay back at that time), so at the end I even earned on it :) I am sure they must have blacklisted me at some point ;)

From my experience perserverance solves a lot of problems in Switzerland e.g. get a fine cancelled or like recently getting a voucher worth 200CHF to a known restaurant because of offiicial complain about the food quality. Never give up Innocent

Well done, Pedro! Happy for you.

one year ago, Salt was charging me for my calls to my voicebox (some technical problem they could not solve asap). Therefore every time it happened I called them and they would offer me 5 CHF back (minimum they could pay back at that time), so at the end I even earned on it :) I am sure they must have blacklisted me at some point ;)

From my experience perserverance solves a lot of problems in Switzerland e.g. get a fine cancelled or like recently getting a voucher worth 200CHF to a known restaurant because of offiicial complain about the food quality. Never give up Innocent

Magique, Nov 23, 2016 @ 00:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52

M.Thanks Magique by your words,

Exactly, in Switzerland only with preserverance, we could solve this kind of cases.

With preserverance i´ve solved an insurance false contract :) ( so abusive ); now this small problem, but anywhere, it´s always a waste of time and pyichologically very very stressfull.

Anyway, your expression it´s so truth: " ...preserverance solves a problem..." " never give up "

M.Thanks Magique by your words,

Exactly, in Switzerland only with preserverance, we could solve this kind of cases.

With preserverance i´ve solved an insurance false contract :) ( so abusive ); now this small problem, but anywhere, it´s always a waste of time and pyichologically very very stressfull.

Anyway, your expression it´s so truth: " ...preserverance solves a problem..." " never give up "

Pedro Torrado, Nov 23, 2016 @ 00:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53

Aug 26, 16 17:12

Hi Jan,

I have had this issue many times, with all three main providers, SWISSCOM, SALT and SUNRISE. 

The trick that I use to avoid these issues is to select the SALT(CH) network MANUALLY from the connections menu on the phone. Normally this is set to AUTOMATIC and basically the phone then switches to STRONGEST network signal, if it happens to be the FRENCH one, then so be it(as far as the phone is concerned).

Also NOTE that when you ACTUALLY travel abroad, you will need to set the connection to AUTOMATIC and change it to MANUAL(and choose SALT) when you return.

Hope this helps.

Ciao,

Suleman

Hi Jan,

I have had this issue many times, with all three main providers, SWISSCOM, SALT and SUNRISE. 

The trick that I use to avoid these issues is to select the SALT(CH) network MANUALLY from the connections menu on the phone. Normally this is set to AUTOMATIC and basically the phone then switches to STRONGEST network signal, if it happens to be the FRENCH one, then so be it(as far as the phone is concerned).

Also NOTE that when you ACTUALLY travel abroad, you will need to set the connection to AUTOMATIC and change it to MANUAL(and choose SALT) when you return.

Hope this helps.

Ciao,

Suleman

Suleman Shah, Nov 26, 2016 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54

Thanks Suleman

Thanks Suleman

Jan S, Nov 25, 2016 @ 18:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55

Hopefully someone here might have an answer to this question. If you have a contract with Salt and you are leaving the country and your contract has not ended (about 6 months left on the contract) no phone included. CAn someone else take over the contract or do you have to pay the 800chf cancellation fee. I called Salt got one answer and the other person called and got a different answer. Anyone with experience on this? Is it work a 3rd call so we go with the majority wins rule?

Hopefully someone here might have an answer to this question. If you have a contract with Salt and you are leaving the country and your contract has not ended (about 6 months left on the contract) no phone included. CAn someone else take over the contract or do you have to pay the 800chf cancellation fee. I called Salt got one answer and the other person called and got a different answer. Anyone with experience on this? Is it work a 3rd call so we go with the majority wins rule?

Marcy S, Dec 15, 2016 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56

Dec 15, 16 15:50

And what if there’s a third opinion?  Or a fourth …?

I think the staff of some of these companies don’t know the answer so they reply off the top of their heads simply to end the conversation and get back to their browsing.

And what if there’s a third opinion?  Or a fourth …?

I think the staff of some of these companies don’t know the answer so they reply off the top of their heads simply to end the conversation and get back to their browsing.

Ritchie, Dec 15, 2016 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 57

got switched over to salt from orange and while the packages have been great, got stung with a roaming charge. Roaming is always switched to off, but they claim it was activated. anyhoo now fighting them to avoid the CHF1000 bill. 

Correct me if im wrong, but I thought there was a cap on how much you could be charged for roaming data in europe?

got switched over to salt from orange and while the packages have been great, got stung with a roaming charge. Roaming is always switched to off, but they claim it was activated. anyhoo now fighting them to avoid the CHF1000 bill. 

Correct me if im wrong, but I thought there was a cap on how much you could be charged for roaming data in europe?

Eric Pallistrini, Dec 19, 2016 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 58

I think this is a EU rule that does not apply in Switzerland.

EU roaming these days is really cheap, they've done a good job. Unfortunately the rules don't apply to Swiss operators

I think this is a EU rule that does not apply in Switzerland.

EU roaming these days is really cheap, they've done a good job. Unfortunately the rules don't apply to Swiss operators

Ondrej H, Jan 3, 2017 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 59

Hi Marcy,

Usually you need to get an attestation de depart when you leave switzerland and that should almost act as a get out of jail free card- health insurance, phone contracts etc should be cancelled on the date you leave, I have heard one of the companies doesn't respect that but what can they do if you're abroad??

Sandy

Hi Marcy,

Usually you need to get an attestation de depart when you leave switzerland and that should almost act as a get out of jail free card- health insurance, phone contracts etc should be cancelled on the date you leave, I have heard one of the companies doesn't respect that but what can they do if you're abroad??

Sandy

sandywilli, Jan 11, 2017 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 60

I used to work for Orange and they were completely owned by France Telecom (back in 2004/5)

Were terrible to work for... totally disorganised and everything went through Paris meaning we didn't expand the network anywhere near as much or as efficiently as it could have been.

I used to work for Orange and they were completely owned by France Telecom (back in 2004/5)

Were terrible to work for... totally disorganised and everything went through Paris meaning we didn't expand the network anywhere near as much or as efficiently as it could have been.

sandywilli, Jan 11, 2017 @ 19:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 61

Hi Marcy,

Sandy

Jan 11, 17 19:33

Whether you believe it or not, often they send the billls after you as a minimum. If you want to return to Switzerland, as many people do, you might be entered in some registers as well, so you wont get a flat, a cr card etc. as a start etc.

I am not familiar with the cross border poursuite practice but it might be possible depending on the country.

Whether you believe it or not, often they send the billls after you as a minimum. If you want to return to Switzerland, as many people do, you might be entered in some registers as well, so you wont get a flat, a cr card etc. as a start etc.

I am not familiar with the cross border poursuite practice but it might be possible depending on the country.

Reka Y, Jan 11, 2017 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 62

Read the terms and conditions and the contract you were given at the time when you signed up for the subscription.

It should be in it.

Read the terms and conditions and the contract you were given at the time when you signed up for the subscription.

It should be in it.

Reka Y, Jan 11, 2017 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 63

Jan 11, 17 21:09

Further to this, I am not aware of all of the treaties that Switzerland has with the EU, but I would suspect that, similar to having debts in other EU countries, there are some mechanisms by which they can pursue you, even if you're no longer physically in the country. Those may not extend far beyond Europe, but I would imagine that it would be worth your while to investigate just where and to what extent such mechanisms apply.

Further to this, I am not aware of all of the treaties that Switzerland has with the EU, but I would suspect that, similar to having debts in other EU countries, there are some mechanisms by which they can pursue you, even if you're no longer physically in the country. Those may not extend far beyond Europe, but I would imagine that it would be worth your while to investigate just where and to what extent such mechanisms apply.

Steve A, Jan 12, 2017 @ 09:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 64

Jan 12, 17 09:25

I heard from an ex-colleague that they reached her in Canada...but I do not know all the details.

I heard from an ex-colleague that they reached her in Canada...but I do not know all the details.

Reka Y, Jan 12, 2017 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 65

In response to a reka's comment . When you leave you have to check out of the commune where they ask for a forwarding address .I  persoally would never give the commune my forwarding addrss as I will be traveling the world as far as they are concerned, lol.  Unlike me if you want to receive that parking fine or salt bill that you neglected to pay then give them your address. They will always find you that way to forward the bills but to actively chase you forget it . It will just hinder you the next time you want to work in Switzerland

In response to a reka's comment . When you leave you have to check out of the commune where they ask for a forwarding address .I  persoally would never give the commune my forwarding addrss as I will be traveling the world as far as they are concerned, lol.  Unlike me if you want to receive that parking fine or salt bill that you neglected to pay then give them your address. They will always find you that way to forward the bills but to actively chase you forget it . It will just hinder you the next time you want to work in Switzerland

Jay C, Jan 12, 2017 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 66

I've also had a bad experience with them. I had three separate calls on my mobile from two men and a woman, at intervals of a few days to a week. Instead of my pre-pay they all offered me a contract for CHF 9,00 per month.! Yes, too good to be true.  And it was.  In each case I insisted on seeing a written contract and each time I was pointed towards the website (no sign of such a contract, only 39frs or 49frs or 89frs)!  Then I received a SIM card (which I never took out of its envelope) and a week or so later a bill for 49 frs - the first of a two-year "contractual period"! 

Luckily I sought legal advice and learned that it's the responsability of Salt to prove (with a recording of the conversation) that I have orally agreed to a contract.  Naturally no such contract was made and they backed down after I'd written two registered letters.

All this took place over about 6 weeks from mid-December to end January.  All recieved by way of recognition of their error was a text message to "apologize" and "confirm that the bill is nul and void", but no written confirmation of this.

I feel they are a shoddy company and would not advise anyone to agree to anything with them without seeing a contract in writing.  Preferably on paper.

I've also had a bad experience with them. I had three separate calls on my mobile from two men and a woman, at intervals of a few days to a week. Instead of my pre-pay they all offered me a contract for CHF 9,00 per month.! Yes, too good to be true.  And it was.  In each case I insisted on seeing a written contract and each time I was pointed towards the website (no sign of such a contract, only 39frs or 49frs or 89frs)!  Then I received a SIM card (which I never took out of its envelope) and a week or so later a bill for 49 frs - the first of a two-year "contractual period"! 

Luckily I sought legal advice and learned that it's the responsability of Salt to prove (with a recording of the conversation) that I have orally agreed to a contract.  Naturally no such contract was made and they backed down after I'd written two registered letters.

All this took place over about 6 weeks from mid-December to end January.  All recieved by way of recognition of their error was a text message to "apologize" and "confirm that the bill is nul and void", but no written confirmation of this.

I feel they are a shoddy company and would not advise anyone to agree to anything with them without seeing a contract in writing.  Preferably on paper.

Sally S, Feb 13, 2017 @ 19:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 67

Feb 13, 17 19:21

Thanks for the warning :)

Thanks for the warning :)

hay_, Feb 14, 2017 @ 17:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 68

Salt is the worst company ever!!! I call on February (last day of my contract) to see if everything was paid, they even sent me an sms saying that everything was in payed and in order. Today one month later I received 2 more bills of I don't know which service, I tried to contact them and the only thing they answer is: you must pay lady.

Salt is the worst company ever!!! I call on February (last day of my contract) to see if everything was paid, they even sent me an sms saying that everything was in payed and in order. Today one month later I received 2 more bills of I don't know which service, I tried to contact them and the only thing they answer is: you must pay lady.

diana catalina, Mar 15, 2017 @ 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 69

Mar 15, 17 12:26

Why dont you go to one of their offices to check out the details. I always receive good support there.

I have been a customer over 2 years now and did not experience any of the issues many people mention.

Also I do recommend to read the contract you signed. Perhaps you terminated early etc. and there is a fee for early termination etc. Many people often miss reading their contract so in the end they have surprises and of course complain.

Funny thing is that I never received any text messages it is all ok and I paid my bills from Salt. What I do get is a montly e-mail with my invoice and it is clear and have not been invoiced anything that was not ordered by me. What kind of set up did you have with them? I would assume that from a legal perspective sending a text is not an official confirmation.

Why dont you go to one of their offices to check out the details. I always receive good support there.

I have been a customer over 2 years now and did not experience any of the issues many people mention.

Also I do recommend to read the contract you signed. Perhaps you terminated early etc. and there is a fee for early termination etc. Many people often miss reading their contract so in the end they have surprises and of course complain.

Funny thing is that I never received any text messages it is all ok and I paid my bills from Salt. What I do get is a montly e-mail with my invoice and it is clear and have not been invoiced anything that was not ordered by me. What kind of set up did you have with them? I would assume that from a legal perspective sending a text is not an official confirmation.

Reka Y, Mar 15, 2017 @ 19:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 70

I'm sure people have had problems with SALT, some major. Speaking from personal exprience of nearly two decades with ALL the Swiss networks, some of them several times, they all have issues and they all have good points.

When SALT was Orange I was with them on two occasions and finally gave up, frustrated, coinciding with their name change. Four months ago I returned to them and so far I have had a good signal, very helpful technical and customer service (much better than the old Orange one based in Suisse Romande who were sometimes plain rude). CHF 39 for unlimited everything in CH is outstanding.

I know I am fixed for two years and that I need to give adequate warning before the end if I need to change, but I bothered to read the T&Cs, as I do for every mobile and other contracts, it's no different.

One observation, the late / missed payment terms do seem harsh, but if it helps incentivise late payers to getting their affairs in order, well that's a good thing - a deal is a deal.

So far so good. Let's see how it goes for the rest of the contract.

I'm sure people have had problems with SALT, some major. Speaking from personal exprience of nearly two decades with ALL the Swiss networks, some of them several times, they all have issues and they all have good points.

When SALT was Orange I was with them on two occasions and finally gave up, frustrated, coinciding with their name change. Four months ago I returned to them and so far I have had a good signal, very helpful technical and customer service (much better than the old Orange one based in Suisse Romande who were sometimes plain rude). CHF 39 for unlimited everything in CH is outstanding.

I know I am fixed for two years and that I need to give adequate warning before the end if I need to change, but I bothered to read the T&Cs, as I do for every mobile and other contracts, it's no different.

One observation, the late / missed payment terms do seem harsh, but if it helps incentivise late payers to getting their affairs in order, well that's a good thing - a deal is a deal.

Frank P, Apr 8, 2017 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 71

Apr 8, 17 13:46

It would be interesting to know that what is your opinion after two years with Salt ? Last tow decays I too, have expericed with swisscom, organe and now SALT. I don't have any word to describe this S....TY company ! 

They simply tie you into contracts by having low contractual payments but the truth is that is only to tie you in, once you become a customer they will charge you 50 francs per late payment (no limit per month) and charge you for anything other than what is black and white.

It is a fraudulent, unethical thief company. I am still surprised how on earth they have got over with so many fraudulent claims on their customers? 

Here are 360 customers reviews to get a glimpse of how they rampaged their customers: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/salt.ch

It would be interesting to know that what is your opinion after two years with Salt ? Last tow decays I too, have expericed with swisscom, organe and now SALT. I don't have any word to describe this S....TY company ! 

They simply tie you into contracts by having low contractual payments but the truth is that is only to tie you in, once you become a customer they will charge you 50 francs per late payment (no limit per month) and charge you for anything other than what is black and white.

It is a fraudulent, unethical thief company. I am still surprised how on earth they have got over with so many fraudulent claims on their customers? 

Here are 360 customers reviews to get a glimpse of how they rampaged their customers: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/salt.ch

frdousi, Apr 27, 2019 @ 13:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 72

***Last two decays...

***Last two decays...

frdousi, Apr 27, 2019 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 73

***Last two decays...

Apr 27, 19 13:06

Could you tell us what the word « decays » means, please ?

Since we don't know what your own national language is. it’s difficult to guess.

Thanks, R.

Since we don't know what your own national language is. it’s difficult to guess.

Thanks, R.

Ritchie, Apr 27, 2019 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 74

As soon as my 2 years contract was over I ditched Salt... All-in-all it was a pretty bad experience and actually no cheaper than the other networks after additional roaming charges and a couple of late payment charges are taken into account.

Swisscom have the best deal at the moment and also the best network- it's early days but very happy with the coverage so far. Would go back to Sunrise in the future but not Salt.

For the record the Orange network was rubbish . It hasn't improved since becoming salt, Orange France is also terrible.

Salt is actually a good name for this company - it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and too much can be bad for your health

As soon as my 2 years contract was over I ditched Salt... All-in-all it was a pretty bad experience and actually no cheaper than the other networks after additional roaming charges and a couple of late payment charges are taken into account.

Swisscom have the best deal at the moment and also the best network- it's early days but very happy with the coverage so far. Would go back to Sunrise in the future but not Salt.

For the record the Orange network was rubbish . It hasn't improved since becoming salt, Orange France is also terrible.

Salt is actually a good name for this company - it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and too much can be bad for your health
sandywilli, Apr 27, 2019 @ 15:45

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 75

I handed in my 2 months notice and they disconnected me 5 days later . I wasn't even angry... Just happy to be freed from them

I handed in my 2 months notice and they disconnected me 5 days later . I wasn't even angry... Just happy to be freed from them

sandywilli, Apr 27, 2019 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 76

Thanks, R.

Apr 27, 19 14:29

They mean “decades”.

They mean “decades”.

Frank P, Apr 27, 2019 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 77

Apr 27, 19 13:03

I’ve had no issues with them and their product is very good over these two years.

Roaming data is much cheaper than Swisscom and Sunrise, and you can pix and mix various options in your account dashboard, it’s very flexible. Whenever I need to phone them I always get a skilled and polite person answering and quickly dealing with my query, they are local staff.

You complain about penalties...well goodness me, don’t be so tardy and instead pay your bills on time, you have a whole month to do so, how much more do you want?!!! You can also set up a direct debit if you have a memory like a sieve.

I continue to recommend SALT to people I know and I have zero connection to them, zero investment in them, just a customer.

I’ve had no issues with them and their product is very good over these two years.

Roaming data is much cheaper than Swisscom and Sunrise, and you can pix and mix various options in your account dashboard, it’s very flexible. Whenever I need to phone them I always get a skilled and polite person answering and quickly dealing with my query, they are local staff.

You complain about penalties...well goodness me, don’t be so tardy and instead pay your bills on time, you have a whole month to do so, how much more do you want?!!! You can also set up a direct debit if you have a memory like a sieve.

I continue to recommend SALT to people I know and I have zero connection to them, zero investment in them, just a customer.

Frank P, Apr 27, 2019 @ 17:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 78

You said that the SALT network has not improved in the years since Orange, sorry, but that’s factually false.

For example, 4G has sprung up all over the place since then and in my little village I get nearly 150mbps, which is faster than Sunrise or Swisscom, we’ve tested them. Your corner may not have upgraded yet, but there’s plenty of places where Sunrise are still lagging.

You still have the option to get completely gouged by Swisscom prices if you prefer, I agree they have the widest network, but I’m not paying double price for that, especially when I get excellent coverage everywhere I need to.

Where coverage is obviously weak, like in my basement, it’s not a problem because my SALT then switches automatically to go via my WiFi network on my iPhone because they support WiFi calling too.

You said that the SALT network has not improved in the years since Orange, sorry, but that’s factually false.

For example, 4G has sprung up all over the place since then and in my little village I get nearly 150mbps, which is faster than Sunrise or Swisscom, we’ve tested them. Your corner may not have upgraded yet, but there’s plenty of places where Sunrise are still lagging.

You still have the option to get completely gouged by Swisscom prices if you prefer, I agree they have the widest network, but I’m not paying double price for that, especially when I get excellent coverage everywhere I need to.

Where coverage is obviously weak, like in my basement, it’s not a problem because my SALT then switches automatically to go via my WiFi network on my iPhone because they support WiFi calling too.

Frank P, Apr 27, 2019 @ 17:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 79

I've been on Orange/SALT for 5 years now and haven't had too many issues that weren't able to be resolved via phone call. Their plans are getting more competitive (specially compared to Swiss Com) and the coverage is fantastic.

I just renewed for another 2 years for the Salt Europe (Unlimited everything all over Europe A+B) for 60 a month. You can't beat that at either Sunrise or Yallo. That will make it 7 years with Salt for me.

To complain about roaming charges and automatic contract renewals is one thing, to complain about fees for late payments is hilarious. Set up a calendar alert, or E-bill. 

I've been on Orange/SALT for 5 years now and haven't had too many issues that weren't able to be resolved via phone call. Their plans are getting more competitive (specially compared to Swiss Com) and the coverage is fantastic.

I just renewed for another 2 years for the Salt Europe (Unlimited everything all over Europe A+B) for 60 a month. You can't beat that at either Sunrise or Yallo. That will make it 7 years with Salt for me.

To complain about roaming charges and automatic contract renewals is one thing, to complain about fees for late payments is hilarious. Set up a calendar alert, or E-bill. 

CH K, Apr 29, 2019 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 80

We all probably agree that if you have a month to pay a bill and you do it late, it's only normal that the telephone company will make you pay some penalty. But 50 CHF penalty for a few days late with a bill less than or around 100 CHF is plane theft, and should not even be legal. Where is the sense of proportinality?

We all probably agree that if you have a month to pay a bill and you do it late, it's only normal that the telephone company will make you pay some penalty. But 50 CHF penalty for a few days late with a bill less than or around 100 CHF is plane theft, and should not even be legal. Where is the sense of proportinality?

ajimenezp, Apr 29, 2019 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 81

*plain

*plain

ajimenezp, Apr 29, 2019 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 82

Apr 29, 19 11:44

Exactly!

I think people who run a business, or work in the private sector for an SME, are perhaps more likely to understand the importance of cashflow and the massive issues with late payments.

It not only deprives the company of money for a service they already provided some time ago, but the costs involved in employing admin staff, or external agencies, to chase non-payment is very significant too.

I don't have a problem with late payment penalties, from whomever, it's my own fault when they have been incurred, normally for medical bills since they are irregular / adhoc.

Exactly!

I think people who run a business, or work in the private sector for an SME, are perhaps more likely to understand the importance of cashflow and the massive issues with late payments.

It not only deprives the company of money for a service they already provided some time ago, but the costs involved in employing admin staff, or external agencies, to chase non-payment is very significant too.

I don't have a problem with late payment penalties, from whomever, it's my own fault when they have been incurred, normally for medical bills since they are irregular / adhoc.

Frank P, Apr 29, 2019 @ 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 83

I've been with Orange/Salt for five years and have no complaints. I chose them beacuse their packages were a lot more attractive (price-wise) than the competitors. Whenever I've had an issue, I've always received very polite and efficient customer service over the phone.

Heck, they even removed 150 CHF from a bill when *I* made a stupid mistake and used roaming for about 5 minutes in Asia (I thought I had 200 MB per month worldwide included in my roaming package, but it turns out that my package only covered roaming for Europe and USA/Canada... it was absolutely and only my fault for not checking thoroughly before using it). I called their customer service, explained the situation and asked if they could do a commercial gesture and at least remove part of the fees even though it was my mistake, since I had been a customer for 5+ years etc. I was sure they would say no but they accepted.

I've been with Orange/Salt for five years and have no complaints. I chose them beacuse their packages were a lot more attractive (price-wise) than the competitors. Whenever I've had an issue, I've always received very polite and efficient customer service over the phone.

Heck, they even removed 150 CHF from a bill when *I* made a stupid mistake and used roaming for about 5 minutes in Asia (I thought I had 200 MB per month worldwide included in my roaming package, but it turns out that my package only covered roaming for Europe and USA/Canada... it was absolutely and only my fault for not checking thoroughly before using it). I called their customer service, explained the situation and asked if they could do a commercial gesture and at least remove part of the fees even though it was my mistake, since I had been a customer for 5+ years etc. I was sure they would say no but they accepted.

justine f, Apr 30, 2019 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
83 Replies | 20055 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form