Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Serafe radio and television fee

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Serafe radio and television fee

I recieved an invoice from Serafe for 335 CHF. What is this fee when I am subscribed to TV and broadband by a private provider and why is this obligatory to pay? Can someone shed some light on this. Is it payable also for UN professionals?

Many thanks, Diya

The text you are quoting:

I recieved an invoice from Serafe for 335 CHF. What is this fee when I am subscribed to TV and broadband by a private provider and why is this obligatory to pay? Can someone shed some light on this. Is it payable also for UN professionals?

Many thanks, Diya

Diya BanerjeeOct 7, 2022 @ 22:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1064 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Serafe radio and television fee
Post 1

Hi!

It's a n obligatory tax for tv and radio reception in any possible way, tv, mobile phone, other device, etc.

You don't have to pay if you proof that you don't have acces to any devices transmitting tv and radio signal;-)

Regards,

W.

Hi!

It's a n obligatory tax for tv and radio reception in any possible way, tv, mobile phone, other device, etc.

You don't have to pay if you proof that you don't have acces to any devices transmitting tv and radio signal;-)

Regards,

W.

Wojtek W, Oct 7, 2022 @ 23:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for taking the time to reply, before I pay it - I just wanted to learn if those employed with UN are exempt from it or not. If not, yes, then I'll go ahead and pay.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, before I pay it - I just wanted to learn if those employed with UN are exempt from it or not. If not, yes, then I'll go ahead and pay.

Diya Banerjee, Oct 8, 2022 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Employees from international organizations are exempt to pay the TV fee only if they have diplomatic status and a carte de légitimation B or C.  But in this case they would not even receive the invoice.

See here: https://www.eda.admin.ch/missions/mission-onu-geneve/en/home/manual-regime-privileges-and-immunities/introduction/manual-taxation/Redevance-radio-TV-OI.html

Employees from international organizations are exempt to pay the TV fee only if they have diplomatic status and a carte de légitimation B or C.  But in this case they would not even receive the invoice.

See here: https://www.eda.admin.ch/missions/mission-onu-geneve/en/home/manual-regime-privileges-and-immunities/introduction/manual-taxation/Redevance-radio-TV-OI.html

TheOmegaMan, Oct 8, 2022 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I would just like to add

First,

How long have you been living in CH?  If you can prove that you move here only recently you might be entitled to a reduction in the annual cost, i.e., you wouldn’t have to pay for the whole year.  It’s worth inquiring.

Secondly, if you do have to pay the full amount, you can also ask to pay in two or three installments. I have never seen this possibility “advertised” but it does exist.

All the best,

R.

I would just like to add

First,

How long have you been living in CH?  If you can prove that you move here only recently you might be entitled to a reduction in the annual cost, i.e., you wouldn’t have to pay for the whole year.  It’s worth inquiring.

Secondly, if you do have to pay the full amount, you can also ask to pay in two or three installments. I have never seen this possibility “advertised” but it does exist.

All the best,

R.

Ritchie, Oct 8, 2022 @ 21:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I read this, article 61 and this seems to be in force - https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2007/151/en#a61

I read this, article 61 and this seems to be in force - https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2007/151/en#a61

Diya Banerjee, Oct 8, 2022 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Diya Banerjee, Oct 8, 2022 @ 22:32

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Oct 8, 22 10:10

I'm sorry for late reply, I know that you guys have different status but I believe that as long as you live here you must comply with the obligation...Sorry for not beeing more helpful.

Take care,

W.

I'm sorry for late reply, I know that you guys have different status but I believe that as long as you live here you must comply with the obligation...Sorry for not beeing more helpful.

Take care,

W.

Wojtek W, Oct 10, 2022 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1064 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form