Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Share addictions/habits.....can be great fun!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Share addictions/habits.....can be great fun!
I was wondering…..any of you out there who have any addictions/habits?! Of course, not anything that involves heavy drugs or alcohol, but those addictions that can be “accepted” by others! (And whoever decides to post he/she is addicted to sex does not count! Am sure you have something better to say!)

I have to say I keep twirling my hair when writing something that requires a lot of concentration……have a boyfriend who is totally addicted to chocolate, a team colleague who chews the inside of her cheeks while writing, another one who stands mouth wide open in front of the computer when reading something, etc….

But it’s lovely and cute in a way, and that’s why I am asking what yours is! Specially ‘cause it’s something you might control in public and that only very few of us would pick on!

So?
The text you are quoting:
I was wondering…..any of you out there who have any addictions/habits?! Of course, not anything that involves heavy drugs or alcohol, but those addictions that can be “accepted” by others! (And whoever decides to post he/she is addicted to sex does not count! Am sure you have something better to say!)

I have to say I keep twirling my hair when writing something that requires a lot of concentration……have a boyfriend who is totally addicted to chocolate, a team colleague who chews the inside of her cheeks while writing, another one who stands mouth wide open in front of the computer when reading something, etc….

But it’s lovely and cute in a way, and that’s why I am asking what yours is! Specially ‘cause it’s something you might control in public and that only very few of us would pick on!

So?

IollyFeb 27, 2006 @ 15:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

23 Replies | 1022 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Share addictions/habits.....can be great fun!
Post 1
It's a true addiction.

I go throgh about 300 g a day (6 chocolat bars, or 3 large 'full size' square packs), and would go for more if I would not feel so guilty.

And when chocolat is in the house, I won't rest till I've had it all, even tho I know I shoudl not have it. Even when it's not my chocolat - when I see it, I got to have it. It's a real addiction.
It's a true addiction.

I go throgh about 300 g a day (6 chocolat bars, or 3 large 'full size' square packs), and would go for more if I would not feel so guilty.

And when chocolat is in the house, I won't rest till I've had it all, even tho I know I shoudl not have it. Even when it's not my chocolat - when I see it, I got to have it. It's a real addiction.
Nir Ofek, Feb 27, 2006 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
1) i bite on my left thumbnail when reading emails. i ususally don´t bite my nails cause i think it´s a nasty habbit. i am not biting anything off, i just place my thumb between my teeth. if you have a closer look you´ll see tiny dents on top of my left thumbnail.

2) i use to dance in the apartment, especially when coming out of the shower. usually no one sees me, but once i was caught, doing a madonna routine in my dressing room wearing a bathrobe and a towel on my head. very embarrassing.

3) if i have a coffee and the sugar comes in the little sachets i always fold the empty things neatly toghether. i do the same thing with the wrapping of those little ice cream thingees you get with your coffe at capocaccia.

4) i am totally addicted to pepper and monosodium glutamate

5) if i tell you, i have to kill you.
1) i bite on my left thumbnail when reading emails. i ususally don´t bite my nails cause i think it´s a nasty habbit. i am not biting anything off, i just place my thumb between my teeth. if you have a closer look you´ll see tiny dents on top of my left thumbnail.

2) i use to dance in the apartment, especially when coming out of the shower. usually no one sees me, but once i was caught, doing a madonna routine in my dressing room wearing a bathrobe and a towel on my head. very embarrassing.

3) if i have a coffee and the sugar comes in the little sachets i always fold the empty things neatly toghether. i do the same thing with the wrapping of those little ice cream thingees you get with your coffe at capocaccia.

4) i am totally addicted to pepper and monosodium glutamate

5) if i tell you, i have to kill you.
Mister_Sark, Feb 27, 2006 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
..and biting my nails
..and biting my nails
tweety, Feb 27, 2006 @ 15:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
my diet coke and some chocolate in the afternoon then you better watch out! ;)

pizza once a week....

skiing as much as possible - and especially powder

and....well, no that's too personal....
my diet coke and some chocolate in the afternoon then you better watch out! ;)

pizza once a week....

skiing as much as possible - and especially powder

and....well, no that's too personal....
LNA__, Feb 27, 2006 @ 16:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
MY Main Addiction is RED. I absolutely Love the Colour. Have red furnitur at home, half of my wardrobe is red (and only because they forced me to mix it) I have red curtains, and I am looking for the red wall-paper that Amelie has in the famous movie.

1) I am addicted to coffe... I can't go on if I don't get at least 1 a day (and before Marathon used to be 3 a day and I still crying over the lost 2)

2) I absolutely LOVE choccolate - not sure I can be called addicted thou

3) I am a mobile phone addicted. If my mobile doesn't work/is without battery and I can't sms I suffer phisical pain!!

other addiction can't be disclosed :)

Val

MY Main Addiction is RED. I absolutely Love the Colour. Have red furnitur at home, half of my wardrobe is red (and only because they forced me to mix it) I have red curtains, and I am looking for the red wall-paper that Amelie has in the famous movie.

1) I am addicted to coffe... I can't go on if I don't get at least 1 a day (and before Marathon used to be 3 a day and I still crying over the lost 2)

2) I absolutely LOVE choccolate - not sure I can be called addicted thou

3) I am a mobile phone addicted. If my mobile doesn't work/is without battery and I can't sms I suffer phisical pain!!

other addiction can't be disclosed :)

Val

Hoiling, Feb 27, 2006 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
i so agree!!!!! last time i moves and filled up an ikea bag with my most essential small handbags my friends just shaked their heads... and my shoes (and clothes) in general make it difficult for me to actually get in the front door... but i think that rather than having less shoes i might just need a bigger apartment ;))

i so agree!!!!! last time i moves and filled up an ikea bag with my most essential small handbags my friends just shaked their heads... and my shoes (and clothes) in general make it difficult for me to actually get in the front door... but i think that rather than having less shoes i might just need a bigger apartment ;))

LNA__, Feb 27, 2006 @ 18:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
I am happy to see we have only normal people here!
I am happy to see we have only normal people here!
Iolly, Feb 27, 2006 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
biting my nails. Terrible habit!
biting my nails. Terrible habit!
Brogsta, Feb 27, 2006 @ 20:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
...the really big thick nyc cheesecakes...bagels & philly cream cheese ...brie... MAC... anything with cinnamon in it... wine gums ...Scrubs ....CSI .... Terry Pratchett ... more shoes ... nando muzi boots... clementines... those square cheeze thingys with the cow on them... white choco with almonds... B&J's the Full Vermonteer ... bloody maries ...and ummm...that's about it!
...the really big thick nyc cheesecakes...bagels & philly cream cheese ...brie... MAC... anything with cinnamon in it... wine gums ...Scrubs ....CSI .... Terry Pratchett ... more shoes ... nando muzi boots... clementines... those square cheeze thingys with the cow on them... white choco with almonds... B&J's the Full Vermonteer ... bloody maries ...and ummm...that's about it!
Tigger, Feb 27, 2006 @ 20:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
I crack my knuckles constantly and loudly. It freaks people out.

I read multiple gossip blogs every day (let me know if you need guidance on some good ones -- I have many bookmarked).

Generally addicted to the Internet. I don't know how people survive without wireless access at home.

Fully addicted to the New York Times crossword puzzle and "Metropolitan Diary" column.

I must, must have Chapstick and Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Creme with me at all times. I have been known to buy some if I discover I am without it rather than just waiting to get home.

And here's one I haven't seen anyone post yet: scarves. I love winter scarves -- nice, soft, wool / cashmere / silk / pashmina scarves. So fuzzy, so warm.

I crack my knuckles constantly and loudly. It freaks people out.

I read multiple gossip blogs every day (let me know if you need guidance on some good ones -- I have many bookmarked).

Generally addicted to the Internet. I don't know how people survive without wireless access at home.

Fully addicted to the New York Times crossword puzzle and "Metropolitan Diary" column.

I must, must have Chapstick and Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Creme with me at all times. I have been known to buy some if I discover I am without it rather than just waiting to get home.

And here's one I haven't seen anyone post yet: scarves. I love winter scarves -- nice, soft, wool / cashmere / silk / pashmina scarves. So fuzzy, so warm.

tiffany, Feb 27, 2006 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Yes, sometimes I even get knocks from Swiss saying to tone it down (so I went out and learned Madonna's "Lucky Star" for my next performance). Kidding...

Imitate Dr. Evil way too much too. (Hooo...hoo..ha..ha.ha.). See, I can't stop (pinky to side of mouth).

Yes, sometimes I even get knocks from Swiss saying to tone it down (so I went out and learned Madonna's "Lucky Star" for my next performance). Kidding...

Imitate Dr. Evil way too much too. (Hooo...hoo..ha..ha.ha.). See, I can't stop (pinky to side of mouth).

pntbreakrick, Feb 27, 2006 @ 21:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
GoL!! hahaha....bet you guys thought I was gonna say something naughty, huh? Can't say I didn't consider it! ;)

Ok, Ok....I am totally addicted to my raunchy sense of humor - it's always activated....as if most of you didn't already know that!! I am completely addicted to making people laugh!! But I do have a serious side....I just save that for work! :)
GoL!! hahaha....bet you guys thought I was gonna say something naughty, huh? Can't say I didn't consider it! ;)

Ok, Ok....I am totally addicted to my raunchy sense of humor - it's always activated....as if most of you didn't already know that!! I am completely addicted to making people laugh!! But I do have a serious side....I just save that for work! :)
BetZ, Feb 27, 2006 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
i understand, i understand ....
i understand, i understand ....
Crazy_Llama, Feb 27, 2006 @ 22:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
nbsp on Macs???? ; )
nbsp on Macs???? ; )
Tigger, Feb 28, 2006 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
1. New email (once I subscribed 2 discussions list and received around 500 emails a day about rock and pop culture like which Ramones CD is the best...)
2. Le matin bleu
3. IPod (feel really upset when I leave home without it)
1. New email (once I subscribed 2 discussions list and received around 500 emails a day about rock and pop culture like which Ramones CD is the best...)
2. Le matin bleu
3. IPod (feel really upset when I leave home without it)

zenbrain, Feb 28, 2006 @ 18:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
... is it La vache qui rit?

And what is a wine gum btw?
... is it La vache qui rit?

And what is a wine gum btw?
zenbrain, Feb 28, 2006 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
and have a smiley cow on them...
and come in different flavors (fav is tomatoe : ), worst is ham - yuck)
is that it?

and wine gums r called wine gums coz they have absolutely no wine in em ; ) they're like gummy bears but r chewier and tastier!
and have a smiley cow on them...
and come in different flavors (fav is tomatoe : ), worst is ham - yuck)
is that it?

and wine gums r called wine gums coz they have absolutely no wine in em ; ) they're like gummy bears but r chewier and tastier!
Tigger, Feb 28, 2006 @ 19:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
Blood oranges
Pomegranates
Chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven
Downloading songs on my ipod
Blood oranges
Pomegranates
Chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven
Downloading songs on my ipod
Janee, Feb 28, 2006 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
I need some ten to twelve a day :-(
I'm addicted to Sari, but that you all noticed ...
I'm addicted to friends :-)
and (fuck it!) I'm addicted to work :-(
But I'm just back from holidays and I could do great without coffee, work, alcohol, internet, email, heavy drugs, light drugs .....
(but neither without Sari, nor friends ;-)
I need some ten to twelve a day :-(
I'm addicted to Sari, but that you all noticed ...
I'm addicted to friends :-)
and (fuck it!) I'm addicted to work :-(
But I'm just back from holidays and I could do great without coffee, work, alcohol, internet, email, heavy drugs, light drugs .....
(but neither without Sari, nor friends ;-)
Stef__Granny, Mar 1, 2006 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
I love dilbert ;)
- well given where I work how couldn't I?? -

Val
I love dilbert ;)
- well given where I work how couldn't I?? -

Val
Hoiling, Mar 2, 2006 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21
Site admin is superhuman, hence has no addictions!
Site admin is superhuman, hence has no addictions!
Nir Ofek, Mar 5, 2006 @ 17:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
23 Replies | 1022 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form