Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Swiss Pass - automatic renewal

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss Pass - automatic renewal

Dear All,

In case you ever get the SBB Swiss Pass (as I was obliged to for work), like gym membership, it automatically renews if you don't cancel it. The marketing information can be distracting, and the contract is in French. I would just like to ensure this key term is clear for others.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

The text you are quoting:

Dear All,

In case you ever get the SBB Swiss Pass (as I was obliged to for work), like gym membership, it automatically renews if you don't cancel it. The marketing information can be distracting, and the contract is in French. I would just like to ensure this key term is clear for others.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

ElizabethMH HOct 31, 2019 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 836 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swiss Pass - automatic renewal
Post 1

Not sure if by Swiss Pass you mean the 1/2 fare card, GA, etc. In that case, they send you a reminder one month or so in advance, with enough time for canceling if you don't want to renew it. I wish telephone companies, insurance and others had the same transparent policy as CFF has about automatic renewal!

Not sure if by Swiss Pass you mean the 1/2 fare card, GA, etc. In that case, they send you a reminder one month or so in advance, with enough time for canceling if you don't want to renew it. I wish telephone companies, insurance and others had the same transparent policy as CFF has about automatic renewal!

ajimenezp, Oct 31, 2019 @ 21:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dear Aji,

Thanks for your reply. I am referring to the GA. 

I only received marketing information selling the idea of renewal, until after the expiration. 

Just wanted others to be aware so it is clear for them.

Cheers

Dear Aji,

Thanks for your reply. I am referring to the GA. 

I only received marketing information selling the idea of renewal, until after the expiration. 

Just wanted others to be aware so it is clear for them.

Cheers

ElizabethMH H, Oct 31, 2019 @ 22:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Infos here.

Infos here.

Casuistik, Nov 1, 2019 @ 09:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Cas

Glad you go this info, and in English, although I am not sure from where - that was not the case for me. I asked for info and was told it was not available in English. I got cutsy Christmas card looking things offering discounts if I renewed, but not information on automatic renewal, and not in English. 

After travelling up to 24 hours a week for a year on the system, my experience is that SBB information is not always consistent or clear as they would like to think. I spent a lot of time lining up to be given incorrect or partial information. 

I just want the terms to be clear for others; appreciate your sharing.

My best

Hi Cas

Glad you go this info, and in English, although I am not sure from where - that was not the case for me. I asked for info and was told it was not available in English. I got cutsy Christmas card looking things offering discounts if I renewed, but not information on automatic renewal, and not in English. 

After travelling up to 24 hours a week for a year on the system, my experience is that SBB information is not always consistent or clear as they would like to think. I spent a lot of time lining up to be given incorrect or partial information. 

I just want the terms to be clear for others; appreciate your sharing.

My best

ElizabethMH H, Nov 3, 2019 @ 09:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 836 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form