Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Taxis on strike for three days

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Taxis on strike for three days
I heard that the Taxis will be on strike here in Geneva, starting from tomorrow 28th of Feb. lasting for three days. It might be possible to find one here or there in the city, but you will not be available to access the airport by taxi because of the strike, best ways are to go by bus (take bus number 10) or take you own car.

The text you are quoting:
I heard that the Taxis will be on strike here in Geneva, starting from tomorrow 28th of Feb. lasting for three days. It might be possible to find one here or there in the city, but you will not be available to access the airport by taxi because of the strike, best ways are to go by bus (take bus number 10) or take you own car.

Mister_SarkFeb 27, 2006 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1001 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Taxis on strike for three days
Post 1
to get to the airport. It only takes 7 minutes from Cornavin station and if you have a travel pass or even one of those tickets for an hour you don't have to pay any extra (as long as the ticket's still valid!)Trains go fairly regularly but it's a good idea to check the times online at http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm
Maybe by going on strike the taxis are doing us a favour. We might continue to use other (cheaper) means of travel once their strike is over!
to get to the airport. It only takes 7 minutes from Cornavin station and if you have a travel pass or even one of those tickets for an hour you don't have to pay any extra (as long as the ticket's still valid!)Trains go fairly regularly but it's a good idea to check the times online at http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm
Maybe by going on strike the taxis are doing us a favour. We might continue to use other (cheaper) means of travel once their strike is over!
lentil, Feb 27, 2006 @ 15:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks, Mister Sark -- very good to know about these pesky strikes. Another option for you if you have a monthly Unireso pass: the train between Cornavin and the airport is included in your monthly fee. Just show your pass to the ticket checker.
Thanks, Mister Sark -- very good to know about these pesky strikes. Another option for you if you have a monthly Unireso pass: the train between Cornavin and the airport is included in your monthly fee. Just show your pass to the ticket checker.
tiffany, Feb 27, 2006 @ 15:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
what more do they want? your first born child too? most of then seem generally annoyed to have to drive anyone anywhere to begin with...
what more do they want? your first born child too? most of then seem generally annoyed to have to drive anyone anywhere to begin with...
floydmarks, Feb 27, 2006 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
What am i going to do?? What am I going to dooooo??!!!!!
What am i going to do?? What am I going to dooooo??!!!!!
tweety, Feb 27, 2006 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Taxis are expensive here but I don't blame them for striking. Forcing them all to paint their cabs yellow is completely absurd.
Taxis are expensive here but I don't blame them for striking. Forcing them all to paint their cabs yellow is completely absurd.
Fukamidori, Feb 27, 2006 @ 16:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
i am from germany where all the cabs are eggshell coloured and 90 percent are mercedes e class. it took me a while to get used to the cabs here. you can end up in a spanking new mercedes s class or in a 30 year old american buick.
i am from germany where all the cabs are eggshell coloured and 90 percent are mercedes e class. it took me a while to get used to the cabs here. you can end up in a spanking new mercedes s class or in a 30 year old american buick.
Mister_Sark, Feb 27, 2006 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
it's how we have them in italy, at least how we used to have them. Here in Geneva it's true that u can find great or crappy cars and the fare is always the same :(

Val - can't afford taxis anyway!
it's how we have them in italy, at least how we used to have them. Here in Geneva it's true that u can find great or crappy cars and the fare is always the same :(

Val - can't afford taxis anyway!

Hoiling, Feb 27, 2006 @ 17:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
All cabs in NY are yellow.

I have no idea how the cab-drivers felt about it, but it makes them alot easier to spot.

O

All cabs in NY are yellow.

I have no idea how the cab-drivers felt about it, but it makes them alot easier to spot.

O

SiteAdmin Oded, Feb 27, 2006 @ 18:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Thnx a lot guys...i'm a regular traveller (without license 4 timebeing) so no can drive!!

Dang, so here's me heading 2 the airport via tram & train at 500am at least once a week...wat a dreary prospect:_ (

And yes, y do they strike anyways...it's not like they ever wanna drive u anywhere (well, 2 b fair, the cab drivers r usually nice, it's the b*gger operators who r mean)
Thnx a lot guys...i'm a regular traveller (without license 4 timebeing) so no can drive!!

Dang, so here's me heading 2 the airport via tram & train at 500am at least once a week...wat a dreary prospect:_ (

And yes, y do they strike anyways...it's not like they ever wanna drive u anywhere (well, 2 b fair, the cab drivers r usually nice, it's the b*gger operators who r mean)
Tigger, Feb 27, 2006 @ 20:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1001 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form