Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > The Hole in the Bagel...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The Hole in the Bagel...
A Bagel should have a proper hole!

This morning when i purchased my bagel for breakfast, i noticed that the bagel did not have a proper hole in it.

Where the hole should be, there was some dough. I found this most annoying. In my considered opinion the hole is the best part of the bagel.

To quote Jean Paul Sartre from his Being and Nothingness, "Nothingness is at the heart of being" Therefore, the very essence of the bagel is the hole.

Without the hole, the whole does not exist!

I think its a disgrace. Bagels should have a proper hole or they are not bagels.

Rant over.
The text you are quoting:
A Bagel should have a proper hole!

This morning when i purchased my bagel for breakfast, i noticed that the bagel did not have a proper hole in it.

Where the hole should be, there was some dough. I found this most annoying. In my considered opinion the hole is the best part of the bagel.

To quote Jean Paul Sartre from his Being and Nothingness, "Nothingness is at the heart of being" Therefore, the very essence of the bagel is the hole.

Without the hole, the whole does not exist!

I think its a disgrace. Bagels should have a proper hole or they are not bagels.

Rant over.
LucaFeb 2, 2006 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1031 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: The Hole in the Bagel...
Post 1
It was Edward's in Place de Jargonnant, sweet girl at the counter with a nice smile...but not nice enough to warrant forgiveness for this heinous crime.
It was Edward's in Place de Jargonnant, sweet girl at the counter with a nice smile...but not nice enough to warrant forgiveness for this heinous crime.
Luca, Feb 2, 2006 @ 11:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
being from South of Italy were people don't know what a Bagel is (oh misery!!) - I discovered this new form of food in Geneva.
So I am too much of a newbie to complain about Holes in bagels ... (does it taste different??) ...
but I do love them (I could I live without Bagels for 20something years??)

Val
being from South of Italy were people don't know what a Bagel is (oh misery!!) - I discovered this new form of food in Geneva.
So I am too much of a newbie to complain about Holes in bagels ... (does it taste different??) ...
but I do love them (I could I live without Bagels for 20something years??)

Val
Hoiling, Feb 2, 2006 @ 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
but otherwise as jeff likes em!
but otherwise as jeff likes em!
Tigger, Feb 3, 2006 @ 12:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
you have to go to zurich...there is a bagel shope ATTACHED to an icecream store. it is sinfully delicious. and 3 hrs away,unfortunatly. my goal (now that i gave in and bought an oven) is to try making my own sometime. bagel party anyone?
you have to go to zurich...there is a bagel shope ATTACHED to an icecream store. it is sinfully delicious. and 3 hrs away,unfortunatly. my goal (now that i gave in and bought an oven) is to try making my own sometime. bagel party anyone?
fuzzyshoe, Feb 4, 2006 @ 12:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
cud u make cinnamon raisin?

watever, am in 4 a bagel party anytime!
cud u make cinnamon raisin?