Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Torino Olympics

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Torino Olympics
Does anyone know how to get to the Torino Olympics via public transportation? I am new to Geneva and unfamiliar with the public transport. Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
Does anyone know how to get to the Torino Olympics via public transportation? I am new to Geneva and unfamiliar with the public transport. Thanks!
geneva1Feb 10, 2006 @ 23:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 984 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Torino Olympics
Post 1
best would be to hitch a ride with someone from gol! anyone else going?? =)

i'm looking into going to turin too. you can catch a bus from the bus station (gare routi?re), 58ow/103rt, on departure/day, 4+ hrs. if their sched doesn't work for you or if you have an aversion to buses and rather take the train, then get a CFF internet special for 45fr to milan, then the train from milan to turin is €15.

do u have accommodation? that i think is the trickier part! =)
best would be to hitch a ride with someone from gol! anyone else going?? =)

i'm looking into going to turin too. you can catch a bus from the bus station (gare routi?re), 58ow/103rt, on departure/day, 4+ hrs. if their sched doesn't work for you or if you have an aversion to buses and rather take the train, then get a CFF internet special for 45fr to milan, then the train from milan to turin is €15.

do u have accommodation? that i think is the trickier part! =)
snowrice, Feb 12, 2006 @ 04:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Torino Olympics
Post 2
I am going, in 2 weeks ... and I have some info for u guys :)
So ... how to get there: Bus (takes a while but it's cheaper) or train (u can take a Cisalpino to Milan 3-4hs and 1h train from Milan to Torino in the morning, leaving Geneva at 6:50 and being there at 11ish) and come back the same day at 6ish from torino or the day after. Alternative is a ride or driving.
As for the accomodation: the officials once are almost fully booked or out of town, but there are plenty of hostels, B&B and PENSIONI that don't take reservation till 2 days before arrival, so u might still find something. Look on the yellow pages (www.paginegialle.it) category Pensioni city Torino.

Public transport in Torino has been enhanced for the olympics and it's pretty good!

Hope it helps!

Val
I am going, in 2 weeks ... and I have some info for u guys :)
So ... how to get there: Bus (takes a while but it's cheaper) or train (u can take a Cisalpino to Milan 3-4hs and 1h train from Milan to Torino in the morning, leaving Geneva at 6:50 and being there at 11ish) and come back the same day at 6ish from torino or the day after. Alternative is a ride or driving.
As for the accomodation: the officials once are almost fully booked or out of town, but there are plenty of hostels, B&B and PENSIONI that don't take reservation till 2 days before arrival, so u might still find something. Look on the yellow pages (www.paginegialle.it) category Pensioni city Torino.

Public transport in Torino has been enhanced for the olympics and it's pretty good!

Hope it helps!

Val
Hoiling, Feb 12, 2006 @ 05:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 984 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form